• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grenade clearing??? (Or whatever you wanna call it)

superman969

Smash Journeyman
Okay, so tried to check through the forums, but due to my lack of patience when dealing with that sort of thing, I couldn't find anything about this.

So I was playing with my friends, and I realized as i tried to get back onto the stage, throwing a grenade over there helped distract them / make a safer landing for me.

In a lot of Snake vids I've seen, I don't think I've ever seen this used. Why is that? It seems pretty helpful, at least against my friends.

Granted, most of them are garbage...:laugh:

Cecilanius

Smash Journeyman
Lol double post.

Uhh, I use it sometimes but, I might mess up every once in a while and use nikita. Or, I go too low from the edge from throwing the grenades. Gives the opponent more chance to attack. Just kinda risky sometimes.

superman969

Smash Journeyman
omg, i hate it when i pwn myself by fvcking up and doing the nikita, when i do anything. At least its not like wolf, who it seems, whenever i press b, i suicide.

but yeah, i see what you mean, i guess its just cuz i have n00by friends lol

Tyson651

Smash Lord
it doesnt work most of the time since if ur playing against GOOD people, they wouldnt be standing on the stage waiting for u, they'd be chasing ur *** off the stage to knock u off ur upB.

superman969

Smash Journeyman
it doesnt work most of the time since if ur playing against GOOD people, they wouldnt be standing on the stage waiting for u, they'd be chasing ur *** off the stage to knock u off ur upB.

True, true, point taken.

earlier this morning i got my a$$ spiked by a marth 2 times in one match...

Depressed Man

Smash Apprentice
Try to keep a grenade on hand to defend against that. At worst you could toss it at them during the aerial attack (or before) and get blown back onto the stage. :D

superman969

Smash Journeyman
yeah, i guess i didnt want to cause he jumped waaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyy out there to spike me and I was just like T_T p!ss....

abit_rusty

Smash Lord
NNID
Rontuaru
3DS FC
2895-8974-0662
yeah, i guess i didnt want to cause he jumped waaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyy out there to spike me and I was just like T_T p!ss....
I sort of stopped doing this after my opponent, who's usually ROB, wised up and followed me offstage for an easy kill since I lower myself while tossing nades instead of immediately using cypher up and over him. :dizzy:

Top Bottom