• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Greninja's hats/alternate palettes/whatevers speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morbi

Scavenger
How odd I didn't see this thread when I was looking for a place to put this
I just wanted to say that I am really fascinated with the Yellow Greninja. I would certainly wear that one.

Greninja is a tricky one though as palette swaps are the only applicable costume ideas as his head doesn't look suitable for hats. Haha.

Drazile

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3797-5765-7295
I just wanted to say that I am really fascinated with the Yellow Greninja. I would certainly wear that one.

Greninja is a tricky one though as palette swaps are the only applicable costume ideas as his head doesn't look suitable for hats. Haha.
They could put cute ear-holes in the hats:dr^_^:

NinjaKnight

Smash Rookie
Looks like in today's pic of the day we get a good luck at the red coloured greninja, a little more Maroon than some of the designs seen here. Thoughts? Feelings?

SuperSmashDrake

Smash Cadet
NNID
SuperSmashDrake
3DS FC
4811-7419-2384
I'm glad that Greninja is just recolored and doesn't have a hat or anything like that. I've never been a fan of hats on Pokemon.

Shuriblur

Smash Journeyman
It does make me wonder...do you think they'll recolor other parts of his body besides his main body? Looking at the PotD, the blues from the main Greninja are still on the knees and x on his legs.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
For the record, those things on his knees and elbows are supposed to be bubbles. So naturally they would stay consistent regardless of the color.

Tepig2000

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2938-8785-9936
Red Greninja looks amazing.

Then again, it is impossible for Greninja not to look amazing.

Last edited:

Drazile

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3797-5765-7295
My only problem with red Greninja is that it doesn't appear to be based on anything; it's just a different colour.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
My only problem with red Greninja is that it doesn't appear to be based on anything; it's just a different colour.
That's how it is with the majority of Smash costumes. Usually characters only have one skin referencing something else, if even that.

Eat_Cow

Smash Rookie
I love that Blaziken colored alt, but sadly it won't happen.

Not too into the red palette swap for Greninja, I feel like the tongue should have changed color as well.

Here's to hoping for the Frogadier alternate palette, that's something I'd main for sure.

Ferio_Kun

Smash Journeyman
Hopefully they will have Shiny Greninja. Other than that I really prefer just the normal color scheme.

EchoesOfRain

Smash Apprentice
Greninja has red, pink, and black alts in the demo...thats it

Last edited:
D

Deleted Member

That's not Shiny Greninja; it's yellow parts should be black, and the tongue should be red instead of orange.

Guess Shiny Charizard is out; it would make sense seeing that one could confuse a black Charizard for Mega Charizard X.

LordShade67

Smash Ace
NNID
LordShade67
3DS FC
2148-8642-9915
Sun Sol's right. That's not Shiny Greninja, sadly. Still looks awesome. If it really is Black/yellow, definitely maining if I pick up Greninja. :D

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
That's not Shiny Greninja; it's yellow parts should be black, and the tongue should be red instead of orange.

Guess Shiny Charizard is out; it would make sense seeing that one could confuse a black Charizard for Mega Charizard X.
What makes you say that? We haven't seen Charizard's colors yet.

The black Greninja is similar to the Shiny one, but it isn't exact. The Pink one might be based on Lickitung, since both of them have big tongues. Not really sure what the Red one is supposed to be though.

Pippin (Peregrin Took)

Formerly “ItalianBaptist”
Switch FC
SW-0542-4021-7641
So I know it's not necessary for team colors anymore, but looking at the demos I thought I saw that greninja doesn't have a green color :O I wanted to team him and Pac-man together as a "my dad's favorite Atari games" team (frogger) did I miss something?

UltimateRazer

Smash Champion
I too did not see a green color at the Best Buy event. He only had his standard blue, a red, a light red and black (pure awesome).

Mr.Seven

Smash Journeyman
NNID
The_FPG
I'm assuming that since the game was just a demo, not all of the colors and costumes were present. Note the absence of other character colors and absence of Wireframe Mac.

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
I'm assuming that since the game was just a demo, not all of the colors and costumes were present. Note the absence of other character colors and absence of Wireframe Mac.
This is correct. Each character only had 3 palettes: just enough for a 4-for-all

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
It may as well be shiny. It's closer at least than any other Pokemon has ever come.

Also, Pink Greninja is the great thing ever. Instant main.

EchoesOfRain

Smash Apprentice
To be honest, I'm a bit confused as to why they decided on the pink color, especially when they have the red alt.

It makes me wonder if there are alt costumes planned for each character, or if not all of the alt colors were available in the demo. It seems really odd to leave greninja with only red, black, and pink alts

D

Deleted member

Well going off of the way the 3DS handles team battles, it might be possible that he has no green color :( but I think it's more likely that not all alternates are available, seeing as how team battle isn't even used.

EchoesOfRain

Smash Apprentice
Well going off of the way the 3DS handles team battles, it might be possible that he has no green color :( but I think it's more likely that not all alternates are available, seeing as how team battle isn't even used.
yea, i do remember the part where team battles won't choose your color based on team color. I'm hoping that not all colors were available, because we all immediately checked the alts on every character at the demo, and every character seemed to have a very low amount of colors. Besides, I think they would rather go with a green, white, or yellow greninja over a pink, if they had to choose

D

Deleted member

yea, i do remember the part where team battles won't choose your color based on team color. I'm hoping that not all colors were available, because we all immediately checked the alts on every character at the demo, and every character seemed to have a very low amount of colors. Besides, I think they would rather go with a green, white, or yellow greninja over a pink, if they had to choose
Seeing as how Dark Link is absent, I don't think all the colors are available. Easy indicator though; were Fire Mario, Blue Kirby, and Black Bowser available?

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
To be honest, I'm a bit confused as to why they decided on the pink color, especially when they have the red alt.

It makes me wonder if there are alt costumes planned for each character, or if not all of the alt colors were available in the demo. It seems really odd to leave greninja with only red, black, and pink alts
Well, considering Wireframe Mac and Dark Pit weren't in the demo, and most characters (including Mario) only had 3 swaps, I think they just put in some and left the rest out and or are still working on them.

Also, as I understand it, Toon Link only had one other color (Red) in the 3DS demo.

Last edited:

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Pretty much this. I'm sure that everyone will have a blue, red, and green color for their characters. It's probably just the demo, where we only got to be able to play four different characters for each.

KERO

Smash Journeyman
Also, Sakurai hasn't made it clear whether the "no team colors" applies to both the Wii U and 3DS from what I know. If it only applies to the latter, then he'll definitely have a green color for teams on the Wii U. Besides, there's no reason not to give a frog character a green skin.

Drazile

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3797-5765-7295
I added a list of confirmed colours so far to the OP.
Well, a list of colours that I could find images for.

Last edited:

Jade_Rock55

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4656-7001-2336
He'll get a green costume.You know what would be cool,is if the color of the Greninja changes the color of the katana.Although black,red and green water makes no sense at all...

monkokaio

Smash Cadet
NNID
monkokaio
3DS FC
4468-1090-0122
Politoed green color scheme yes please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom