• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grev Monthly XII - TBA

Kira-

Smash Champion
I need a better way of telling people to bring setups because I still think we're gonna end up with like 5 setups even after all me spamming "Bring setups" and how much we need setups >_>
Every Grev I've been to has had more than enough setups. Why worry now?

stabbedbyanipple

Smash Master
Every Grev I've been to has had more than enough setups. Why worry now?
People used to actually not be lazy and post when they're bringing setups. That way I could add that info to the first post so I knew who was bringing setups, who I could ask for setups and how many more we needed.

The first couple of tournies we had so many setups I couldn't fit them but then the amount started to gradually go down each tourney. Now I run pools too so we need setups more than ever.

People just got accustomed to always having setups at these and don't bother mentioning they're bringing one (or worse, they get lazy and decide not to take their TV with them). And when that happens, you could end up with something like UCSD triweekly 26 where you have 4 tvs (2 provided by the hosts) for 30+ people.

Also, a few people that brought setups last time aren't coming to this so I'm especially worried.

tl;dr: If you have a setup, please don't be lazy, bring it. Also it's too late now, but for future tournies, remember to post that you're bringing a setup.

D

Deleted member

im inclined not to bring a setup because parking and the actual venue is like 15 minutes away

LooksLikePit

Smash Ace
Yeah you might as well just double the reward for bringing one that way you get at least 3. Nobody is going to bring any unless you do, trust me.

Adam M!

Smash Lord
its true, i used to always bring setups but now the rare times i do show up to a tourny i dont cuz that **** is a hassle, and i never do if i have to walk 5+ mins to the venue

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
I'd rather 1. save money and 2. have more set ups at this to have a better time!! is that so wrong? :(

edit: well screw YOU haley. I had a banana kit kat and you didn't.

Little England

Smash Master
Purdue, W Lafayette IN Rancho Cucamonga, SoCal
I'd rather 1. save money and 2. have more set ups at this to have a better time!! is that so wrong? :(

edit: well screw YOU haley. I had a banana kit kat and you didn't.
Same here Connor.

Yall *****s are trippin. GREV Monthlies have been the most successful tournies in SoCal over the past year! High attendance, plenty of setups, and a great TO (Stab gets **** done). Now we have a nicer/larger venue with air conditioning, more free snacks, etc etc. Not to mention the UCI venue is a much much more accessible location for EVERYONE. All of this, and yall *****s trippin about walking/bringing setups. Get that out of here!

Don't be the one to stick the nail in the coffin for GREV tournaments.

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
if these were at uci regularly it would be amazing, it's literally a couple minutes away from where i'll be living next year

was parking a problem last time? or did you have to use the dumb non-university parking instead -_-

LooksLikePit

Smash Ace
I was saying that **** because I thought he was over reacting and it's always funny to see unnecessary overreactions. If I go I will bring a setup 100%. I always bring setups to socal tourneys I attend.

JDM

Smash Champion
You guys can always come to the venue first to drop off your setups and then park/walk over.

error13

Smash Journeyman
who will be at this
im from ep,tx and me and one other friend
whom play pretty often will be here

i think we're pretty good
but you guys can decide

Top Bottom