• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Guide] The Legend Of Link - Link's guide for SSB3DS

prOAPC

Smash Lord
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-R57YgO_7VY

The Legend Of Link - Link's guide for SSB3DS

Learn the basics for this character on Super Smash Bros for 3DS. Guide made by Colombian player APC

Index:

Intro: 00:10
Movement: 00:36
Recovery: 03:22
Projectiles: 04:53
Custom Moves: 07:08
Killing moves: 07:54
Combos & Follow ups: 09:49
Random: 12:21

All songs used are from The Legend of Zelda 25th Anniversary Orchestra:

Kakariko Village - Twilight Princess Theme
Gerudo Valley
Great Fairy's Fountain Theme
Ballad of the Goddess from Skyward Sword
The Dark World

Last edited:

Scabe

Successful Businessman
Very good video guide! Good quality. Pretty much covering everything. Lots of new things I learned from watching.

I think you may have missed Dtilt.

Last edited:

Ryu_Ken

Ace Adventurer and Truth Seeker
NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
We need to get a Link guide up in the guide section. This video would be PERFECT for it.

prOAPC

Smash Lord
hank you guys.

Right now i'm uploading n updated version covering Toss Cancel (I didn't know about it, a comment in the video told me about it).

@ Scabe Scabe what do you mean I missed Dtilt?

CostLow

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2509-2293-9367
Awesome stuff here. I'm going to go add it to the Find It Here thread. :)
I was just talking to one of my friends about how awesome it would be if we had a video guide on our board. It would be just one more thing to help set us apart from many of the other character discussion boards.

Los4Muros

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Los4Muros
3DS FC
2852-9328-5396
When I was told this Link was going to be the Ocarina of Time version of him, I decided to use him at least as a secondary for this Smash as a tribute to the love I have for the game. When I started using him I was frustrated for how slow he was (maybe even slower than the Brawl version), I was guessing he was destined to once again be a Low tier.

But watching this guide just gave me the hopes and idea that even if he is slow and has quite some lag on most attacks, the lag can be canceled, has very strong attacks, a good set of combos and follow-ups and the Bomb recovery is simply amazing. My biggest fear was the recovery, but I guess bombs take care of that matter. I'll be watching more of this. Let's hope I get a hand at this.

BigLord

Smash Lord
NNID
BiigLord
3DS FC
3024-7470-9499
That was one of the best video guides I have ever seen. I learned so much new stuff today! (I mained Link in the demo, still one of my secondaries).

That "throw the gale boomerang against the stage when the opponent is recovering to screw up their recovery" tidbit made my jaw drop. It's insanely viable and awesome!! Even though I prefer the normal boomerang (custom 2), no doubt I'll be using that "tech" a few times!

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
That was one of the best video guides I have ever seen. I learned so much new stuff today! (I mained Link in the demo, still one of my secondaries).

That "throw the gale boomerang against the stage when the opponent is recovering to screw up their recovery" tidbit made my jaw drop. It's insanely viable and awesome!! Even though I prefer the normal boomerang (custom 2), no doubt I'll be using that "tech" a few times!
Why are people surprised over this? Link mains have been doing this since early Brawl meta. It makes me kinda sad because it just shows how unrepresented Link really was, since most of this info (not a critique on the guide btw) was already known in early Brawl days and even seems basic to me (which makes it a decent intro guide video for newcomers. Basics rule).

We need to change that and rep Link more...

Last edited:

Warlock*G

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
0146-9477-0226
Why are people surprised over this? Link mains have been doing this since early Brawl meta. It makes me kinda sad because it just shows how unrepresented Link really was, since most of this info (not a critique on the guide btw) was already known in early Brawl days and even seems basic to me (which makes it a decent intro guide video for newcomers. Basics rule).

We need to change that and rep Link more...
Well add me to the list of people who just friggin learned that this tech even existed. How about stickying this topic?

BigLord

Smash Lord
NNID
BiigLord
3DS FC
3024-7470-9499
Same here, fellow Falcon! I only used Link in FFAs back in Brawl, though, probably because I never bothered to check out Link's forums and techniques.

Top Bottom