• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide to learning Princess Peach (Competitive) Updated 4/25/10

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
The floors on the first level of the mansion help her string Dair combos more effectively, and help her live longer.
Also her Dtilt can have them bouncing up and down for mutiple dtils or set up for combos. get some good damage off this.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
The first Vid, not really anything comes out of that. its not like it auto cancels her throw animation or anything like that.

The toad thing, think if you let her double just out then toad soon after you will get more height.

The other 2 Thinks could be done with it and be useful. I think i'll screw around with it and see.

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
Alright i figured. Just throwing it out there. BTW that vid was to show another way to set up the bair trap. I changed the name to Turnip Stooling.

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4j4sDUtxw0&feature=PlayList&p=D16B1095BC10E9A2&index=8

The other 3 vids follow in the playlist. Maybe ppl can find uses for them. The first one maybe not to much But the other 3 i kno can have some uses.
I don't bloody believe it...

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=202889 <---Float Tossed Turnips

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=184815 <--- Random Peach Turnip Pillars (that's actually how the Banana lock Diddy has works)

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=183094 <--- Peach double jump boost

The Peach double jump boost works at any time. I've dubbed it the name 'Toad Bounce'. It happens everytime you first use Toad in air

...seriously, why does nobody listen to what I say ><

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
sorry that i figured this out months and decided to tell ppl. I said in the past all b moves works while floating and the banana lock i did on diddys in march lol

I dont read threads. I figure it out on my own.

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
I'm not saying you read the threads and I'm not blaming you (good on you for the videos :)) but...I just find it kind of ironic that someone posts something and people get interested about it...and I've posted the exact same thing a while back and no one cares :/
idk. Maybe cause i posted all those peach techs back in march....like the Floatlanding but someone else wanted to take credit for that and call it something different......not saying names though.

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
I'm not accusing you of taking credit for it and I'm not taking credit for it either. I'm just pointing out those threads I made ages ago...and it's creepy that what I've described is exactly what you've shown in the videos :O

I just find it amusing that's all :p I should really get some recording equipment :O

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
I'm not accusing you of taking credit for it and I'm not taking credit for it either. I'm just pointing out those threads I made ages ago...and it's creepy that what I've described is exactly what you've shown in the videos :O

I just find it amusing that's all :p I should really get some recording equipment :O
not accusing u.....just that someone else did take my stuff and passed it as theirs.

Niko_K

Smash Master
That's amazing against characters with weak vertical recovery. Great stuff NL. I've been using Z-Dropped/Down Thrown turnips to footstool combos a lot lately, I should be able to incorporate this into my game.

NL is too smart.

Does that eliminate the second jump? If so, we have a winner.

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
I'll make a new thread on this. My theory is that it'll work on everyone since it seems everyone falls at the same speed. Regardless if u cant u can hit the **** outta them.

ffdgh

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4768-8177-0708
-*Dthrow>Ftilt>Jab>grab>Dthrow>Utilt/Uair/Up-B

gotta try this

ewic

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2363-5634-0009
Hey, I was wondering what that funny tech with Peach was, where you act all glitchy on the ground and it looks like Peach is having a seizure or something. I remember... I think it was this guy called RPG who did it once, and it looks hilarious. So if anyone knows what that tech is called, I would greatly appreciate it if you let me know.

Thanks!

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Hey, I was wondering what that funny tech with Peach was, where you act all glitchy on the ground and it looks like Peach is having a seizure or something. I remember... I think it was this guy called RPG who did it once, and it looks hilarious. So if anyone knows what that tech is called, I would greatly appreciate it if you let me know.

Thanks!
I'm not sure what you are talking about, I am gonna need to see the vid.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
I'm not sure what you are talking about, I am gonna need to see the vid.
Sounds like the Peach Flap/Wavedash/Seizure thing.

You know, the quick rereleasing of the float on the ground.

It's worthless anyway ewic.

gantrain05

Smash Master
That has lil to no use at all. All you do is hold down and tap the jump button at a certain time over and over and you get that.
maybe to throw it in a little for some mindgames, but other than for mindgame potential i don't see how it could help.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
This guide is like, the best thing ever. I even find myself comming in here and reading some stuff I may have forgot.

gantrain05

Smash Master
yeah.....i know pretty much how to handle peach completely, i just have a bad habit of getting waaaay to predictable....i need to stop that, you need to put in your guide somewhere about how to stop being predictable, i always end up doing well in tournies, but then as it enters like the top 8 i get all nervous and always play horrible my last final rounds lol.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
I still think you should change the list of Killing moves.
I know I said this months ago but seriously =p You listed EVERY MOVE besides down smash and jab. Who the hell kills with Dair? Techincally you can kill with every move, yeah, but that's not what a "reliable kill moves" list is supposed to represent.

Fair
Fsmash
Nair/Bair/Uair
Utilt/Ftilt
Usmash (sometimes)

are the ones I think should only be listed.

Canvasofgrey

Smash Ace
I still think you should change the list of Killing moves.
I know I said this months ago but seriously =p You listed EVERY MOVE besides down smash and jab. Who the hell kills with Dair? Techincally you can kill with every move, yeah, but that's not what a "reliable kill moves" list is supposed to represent.

Fair
Fsmash
Nair/Bair/Uair
Utilt/Ftilt
Usmash (sometimes)

are the ones I think should only be listed.
Probably can break down the Fsmash even further since a Fsmash Pan doesn't kill as well as a fresh Nair. XD Also, I don't know about everyone else, but Usmash is much more reliable to kill that Utilt to me.

I'd say...

Fair
Fsmash - Tennis *Sweet*
Fsmash - Golf *sweet*
Fsmash - Golf *Standard*
Fsmash - Tennis *standard*
Fsmash - Pan *sweet*
Nair
Fsmash - Pan *standard*
Bair/Uair
Usmash
Ftilt/Utilt

arwnightmare

Smash Cadet
great post, i used to d tilt then pull a tunip for a lil retreat pull too if thats helpful, didnt know you cna up smash with it, i relaly wanna get better with peach, does anyone have any tunip plays? like i throw two tunips in the air, jump and catch the first one throw it and then catch the second one one time and throw that two, or after i throw both up and the enemy is there i grab him and throw him up into both tunips

arwnightmare

Smash Cadet
im getting trouble doing the quick tunip pull up without the c-stick for special, actually i cant do it at all, are you sure its possible without using the c_stick to pull out the tunip when running off the stage?

gantrain05

Smash Master
seriously? racket doesn't kill til 230? oh well its not like i ever Fsmash for my kills anyway lol. its probably my least used move out of all of peaches arsenal, besides maybe peach bomber.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Probably can break down the Fsmash even further since a Fsmash Pan doesn't kill as well as a fresh Nair.
What? Pan kills better then her Nair. You have to understand that the Pan kills best vertically. Nair kills best off the sides but still not that good for killing, even when fresh. The Pan can even deal with heavy characters better in some cases.

im getting trouble doing the quick tunip pull up without the c-stick for special, actually i cant do it at all, are you sure its possible without using the c_stick to pull out the tunip when running off the stage?
I dont use the C-stick, you don't need too. Here is the trick to do it, that people fail to realize or noticed. Just Run and pull a turnip towards the middle of the stage................Ok, Now do it but this time, after you pluck a turnip, Hold the control stick Foward. Noticed how Peach slides.

Now Run towards the edge, get a turnip and as soon as she goes to pull one out, hold the stick foward, and Peach will slide off and get a turnip. Thats how you REALLY do it. some people run to the edge and pull one out but dont hold the control stick foward. Thus you wont slide and can't turnip cancel.

I might have to put this on the front page.

seriously? racket doesn't kill til 230? oh well its not like i ever Fsmash for my kills anyway lol. its probably my least used move out of all of peaches arsenal, besides maybe peach bomber.
Ok, who in the world told you that?

gantrain05

Smash Master
well thats what meno's chart thingy says, against mario, with no DI, 230% i wouldn't really know since i hardly use Fsmash tho.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
You sweetspot that move and it is killing characters quick, even big ones. its somewhat of a semi spike. he might be talking about critical/standard hit and not a sweet spoted one. Cause if sweet spotted, that move is not letting people live till 230, heck no

Top Bottom