• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Guide] Transferring textures from vBrawl stages to Brawl+ stages

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
I promised a few B+BRoomers I'd make this guide, and since it's one of the most asked questions, I'd figure I'd present this guide on how to swap vBrawl stage textures into Brawl+ stages. Obviously this does not cover stuff like Rain/Snow or things that are imported from other stages (like Shadow Moses lights onto Battlefield etc), but that should be easily adjusted for those that make those types of stages.

First step is to get BrawlBox. If you don't have it, download it here and extract it to a convenient place.

Next is to open BrawlBox ("BrawlBox.exe"). When it's open, go to File -> Open, and find your vBrawl stage texture. After that, open another instance of BrawlBox, and in the second one, go to File -> Open, click "My Computer", double click your SD card (where Brawl+ is installed), then "private", "wii", "app", "RSBE", "pf", "stage" and finally "melee". Note: if your vBrawl stage texture says "STGFINAL" in the first BrawlBox, you have to open "STGFINAL.pac" from your SD card in the second BrawlBox.

It should look like this: http://i41.tinypic.com/v2z537.png (the left should be the vBrawl texture pac, the right should be the Brawl+ stage pac)

In the first BrawlBox (the vBrawl stage texture), go down to "TextureData[0]", right click and hit "Export".

A save dialog will appear. Save it where you can remember it. Click "Save".

In the second BrawlBox (the Brawl+ stage), go down to "TextureData[0]", right click and hit "Replace".

An "open" dialog will appear. Find where you saved "TextureData[0].brres", and open it.

After that, hit File -> Save...

Close both BrawlBox windows. Your Brawl+ stage should have textures again!

Dai Tian

Smash Journeyman
Thanks a lot for this. I'd read up on how to do this a month or so ago but I'd completely forgotten by now. Seeing this is all I need to remember, along with giving me an easy to link to guide for anyone I introduce to B+. :chuckle:

Alphatron

Smash Champion
I have a question that I hope will make things simple for me. Instead of exporting your textures into brawl+ stages, would the same affect be achieved if you simply exporting the collision data from the brawl+ stages into your own? I ask this because collisions and boundaries were the only things that were changed in the new brawl+ stages, right?

The very first stage I tried the texture replacement thing with was blaze_Katakiri's Fountain of Dreams...but it's not that simple.

Hozu

Smash Journeyman
You could try that. AFAIK, the only things changed were collisions and stage boundaries.

Kati

Smash Lord
Which files hold the stage collisions and boundaries?

iLink

Smash Champion
I have a question that I hope will make things simple for me. Instead of exporting your textures into brawl+ stages, would the same affect be achieved if you simply exporting the collision data from the brawl+ stages into your own? I ask this because collisions and boundaries were the only things that were changed in the new brawl+ stages, right?

The very first stage I tried the texture replacement thing with was blaze_Katakiri's Fountain of Dreams...but it's not that simple.
Yeah that would make things a lot easier considering some of my stages have backgrounds and weather effects and such.

Daakun

Smash Apprentice
MiscData[2] holds collisions.
Not sure where boundaries are.

Kati

Smash Lord
Is there a list or way to test for which brawl+ stages got collision changes? I'm finding that only boundaries are obvious.

Daakun

Smash Apprentice
I assume you can just extract the collisions from Stage+ and vStage and compare them.

Top Bottom