• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guild Wars 2

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
Quaggan is really cute indeed.. at first I didn't like them, but now I love listening to them talk hah. XD

Anyways, as for Necromancers, minions are pretty decent for PvE because they are convenient, allow you to fight pretty mindlessly and effortlessly without taking much damage if any. In PvP it CAN work, assuming you have picked the traits that make them harder to kill, hit for more damage, have a shortened recharge time, can siphon health to you, and have that minor trait that raises your toughness per minion out. If you don't go all out with it, your minions will simply bring you down, I suspect. Of course, your elite would have to be the Golem, for the Lich is good but wipes all of your minions so is a bit counter-intuitive, and the Plague wouldn't be properly utilized, and the Golem gets all of the benefits your other minions do from the traits, so is an upgraded elite.

I do recommend you try other things, such as a Life Force/defensive oriented build, and also a condition build, either in PvE or PvP (preferably the first because the latter can be tough and might give the wrong impression). If you stick with minions throughout the game you might be missing out on something else that you might like, or that will simply add to your knowledge of profession. Of course if you are making a condition build, you might want to use Corruptions (the Signet of Spite is kind of nice as well), and perhaps a Scepter/Focus, which gives you conditions and a move that improves through the amount you have on someone. The second weapon should probably be the staff, the staff is pretty much a staple. Marks are fun, auto attack gains life force, has some conditions, good range. With a Life Force oriented build, you want to be hard to kill, which is a lot more general than a condition build and thus a bit more open. Definitely use a Lich though, and perhaps Spectral Armor and Signet of Undeath for Life Force. Just be sure to put 30 points in Soul Reaping, and then to add on the defense I personally go 30 Blood Magic then 10 Death Magic, picking any trait that helps out staves along the way (shorten recharge time, marks grant life force, marks have a large. I don't do an awful amount of damage to things, but I'm hard to kill, and anything that outlasting can't kill the Lich Form usually can.
Thanks man! Exactly what I'm looking for. I will definitely switch up my build at some point. I just feel like at least for PVE at my level I don't have enough conditions/DoTs to easily clear PVE oriented quests. I'm not worried about doing PVP at the moment. I already mainly run Staffs though I'm currently running double daggers at the moment.

Can I successfully run a life force/defense oriented or corruption build at low levels? I think once I unlock the second tier of skills I'll have a lot more options.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Definitely not saying I'm good with my Necromancer, I'm still learning, just reporting what I've gathered. I've seen many condition users say that Epidemic is a must (it transfers all conditions on a foe to all nearby foes), and I think the Scepter is pretty good because I know you can increase the condition duration of conditions on moves for that weapon, and there is a trait that increases bleeding duration (the auto adds bleeding, and poison too I think), so your auto alone should be be a pretty decent stacker for bleeds by itself. Anyways, try to get chill, poison, and bleed. Those three are excellent, chill slows you down AND your recharge times (if you could keep someone chilled most of the time, that is brutal), poison does damage but also lowers the effectiveness of healing, and bleeding, when stacked highly, does more damage over time than anything (I believe you can get up to twenty stacks?)

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I would go on a popular server but then you have like 3 hour WvWvW queues :/.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Today will be the first day I think that I've gone since the release that I haven't played the game just a little. Have to catch up on my school work. Hopefully either later on tomorrow or at least all day Sunday I'll be playing. :p

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
It seems everyone is "Trying" to convince me Guild Wars 2 is good.

Maybe I'll at least give it a try

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Just realized how long it is going to take to get even a single legendary item. Even a single ingredient is incredibly exhaustive to get. The amount of gold put into a legendary if I had to guess is 100 if you purchased everything you could on the trading post.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
I looked up some recipes for legendary equipment, some gear takes like 700 total high-level ingots of various flavors, ****'s crazy

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Switched over to Gates of Madness, most likely going to remain there.

Also, spent eight gold on gems for three slots to make a character for each profession (tough decision, that was most of my gold), and now I face the impossible difficulty of naming them with something available without choosing names that aren't interesting at all.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I have a theme going for mine. I always just name myself hylian so I didn't know what to do but I ended up having:

Hylian Sage
Deku Sage
Spiral Sage(Guild related/TTGL)
Kokori Sage
Termina Sage

etc. Made it a lot easier to name people lol.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
That... is a good idea. Welp, too late haha.

Two skill points that are bugged and the maps of the WvWvW and WvW areas and I'm 100%, finally. XP

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
I think I had one good name for character: Quaggan Ginn. Made my character look like Liam Neeson and everything. =D

:phone:

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Finally got 100% map completion and completed the personal story. ^_^ What to do next... perhaps I'll do all of the explorable modes of the dungeons and maybe gather tokens for the sets.

http://gw2.luna-atra.fr/skills_tool/?lang=en&code=3g1000kml3knkpl8700kfapc8cjcrd5e5li

^ This is a Mesmer build I've been working towards. Tried it briefly in sPvP and did well provided I wasn't outnumbered (which happens a lot, sadly, tend to travel as a lone wolf). It's basically "Boons for me, conditions for you" and has trait points put in for increased duration for both, and two signets that increase both (upon activating them they also provide some sustain with blindness and stun). Shatter skills recharge pretty fast and has some traits towards them for conditions and damage. Staff is just good for boons and conditions, and the greatsword has a knockback, two clone makers, and the long range laser that deals more the farther you are away from your target. Mirror Images is popped in instead of the signet that grants a random boon every ten seconds (considered that, but it's too slight, and only starts ticking once combat begins) and the two disposable clones for the shattering skills is nice. Moa Morph is the only acceptable elite for me, and in PvP, provided that don't evade it (which tends to happen because people expect it from a Memser, and rightly so), it can make all the difference in a fight.

Ragnar0k

Smash Master
I just got this game yesterday. I made a sylvari ranger. GW was one of my favorite games, so when I started out throwing axes at stuff instead of shooting arrows my mind was blown.

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
I just got this game yesterday. I made a sylvari ranger. GW was one of my favorite games, so when I started out throwing axes at stuff instead of shooting arrows my mind was blown.
Everyone is choosing the Sylvari. I think I made a Sylvari Warrior (Was gonna call him Sylvari Stallone, but someone already beat me to it,) and I noticed that the Sylvari home world had a much higher population than the Norn home world. (Then again, the Norns look at snow and mountains all day long, making exploration boring at times, and the Sylvari are British Plant People, so it doesn't surprise me.)

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
I believe human is actually the most popular race, for some ungodly reason.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Probably because the female humans are the most beautiful/attractive, and dudes like to make their characters that for some ungodly reason.

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
Probably because the female humans are the most beautiful/attractive, and dudes like to make their characters that for some ungodly reason.
Its like how you go look at some of the free to play MMOs on Steam, and almost all of the screenshots taken by players are like omg bewbs. Its this weird mentality amongst gamers.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
If I wanted to play a game just for sexy avatars, I would play TERA

Top Bottom