• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guilty Gear Series

Dreadlord Santa

Smash Journeyman
I didn't say that Ky would be super-powerful without the ******** FRC timings, I said he'd be too easy Just because I compared him to Marth doesn't mean that I thought Ky deserved the same spot on the tier list. Dipper nerf sucks, but I didn't use it to get out of pressure anyway (mostly because my best comp is a May player, and the rest don't even know what pressure is...) and I'm not having too much trouble throwing it into combos now, even after the nerf.

Jesus christ, ka2 is too freaking good. Jam for God Tier. OCVing a team of Sharon/Yukinose/Kaqn? Without losing even a round? *dies* Why do we even play Guilty Gear? You could split KA2's ability in half, and he'd still be better than the entire North American continent put together...

What's that supposed to mean, the "cursed" one? Isn't Yukinose the guy that's been on the winning SBO team, like, every time he's gone?

Ky Kiske

Smash Ace
KA2's team won Slash last year. And Yukinose wasn't on that team. Yukinose is just known for playing subpar when he knows he's being recorded. Hence he's "cursed." It's been that way since the #R days actually.

dj asakura

Smash Ace
I used to be pretty into GG actually...don't know why i never looked to see if anyone here played...to busy lurking on dustloop i guess.

but, since i found out that AC is getting a stateside release and i've possibly convinced my arcade to get an AC machine (our tech is tight with us and gets us anything) i've decided to pick it back up.

i know Johnny is pretty low as far as tiers go in AC, but where was he placed in XX? that's all i've got till i get my hands on AC and i feel like practicing soon.

for that matter, if i could get a full XX tier list that'd be amazing...lol, i havent been able to find one

dj asakura

Smash Ace
i find Bridget being that good to be a little unbelieveable.

for some reason i feel like that was when Ky was highest, and i think eddie was high middle and so was johnny. i really dont remember though

dj asakura

Smash Ace
haha, such things would be really good to know.

but w/e, Accent Core and the Hori Wii Arcade stick means i wont have a life till Brawl

Mistle

Smash Apprentice
I have always loved Guity Gear, but the new 3D one looks bland. I have liked GG for the 2D fighting, and to make it 3D takes away some of the punch.

Who knows, it may be awesome. I hope so at least.

dj asakura

Smash Ace
the thing about that new GG (for the 360 i believe) is that it isnt a fighting game. so i'm not counting on it being anything special.

and i figured eddie and slayer were top tier. ever since XX they've been the highest havent they? i know slayer has for sure but i hate eddie.

looks like i'll be picking up Johnny and Slayer then so i'm ready for Accent Core

Dreadlord Santa

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, XX tiers were something like:
Slayer
Millia
Faust
Eddie
Sol
Axl
Venom
I-No
Johnny
Bridget
Dizzy
Chipp
Baiken
Potemkin
Ky
Jam
Testament
May
Anji
Zappa

Robo-Ky was not considered tourney-legal for this game, possibly due to his unlockable nature, same as Kliff and Justice. I didn't like XX very much... Ky was so bad without the jc'able 2hs and the two types of Stun Edge.

Digital Watches

Smash Ace
KA2's team won Slash last year. And Yukinose wasn't on that team. Yukinose is just known for playing subpar when he knows he's being recorded. Hence he's "cursed." It's been that way since the #R days actually.
Er, actually, Yukinose WAS on that team. The team was called "Yukinose-Desu" if I recall correctly, and they beat out Syuuto/BLEED/some other guy in the last round.

Ky Kiske

Smash Ace
Digital Watches, were you at Evo West? A friend of mine said he played some guy from Portland while he was there.

tsukihimeblood

Smash Rookie
i have the japanese version but i'm definitely picking up the us version because of the glitches. luckily it's a budget title. might get the wii version just for kicks as well.

Digital Watches

Smash Ace
I had mine reserved, but I luckily ran into a Gamestop that had only 1 copy of the game. I just bought it from there and canceled my reservation.

If you can't find it, Ebay has it.
It's sounding like MOST Gamestops only had one copy of the game, probably due entirely or in part to their idiotic policy of only ordering enough games to meet their pre-ordered quota times two (Or just one if no one pre-ordered)

It's sounding like MOST Gamestops only had one copy of the game, probably due entirely or in part to their idiotic policy of only ordering enough games to meet their pre-ordered quota times two (Or just one if no one pre-ordered)
Yeah. Most of the EBgames/Gamestops in my area recieved 1-3 copies. The place I bought mine from had a hold on it from some other guy. But hey, first come, first serve, right?

Ky Kiske

Smash Ace
Yeah. When I went to Gamestop, the person on duty asked me if I preordered mine and when I said no, I had a sinking feeling that he was about to tell me that they were sold out. Now I can see why he asked. I would have been pissed if they had sold out. I called them like 5 minutes before I got there and they said they had it in stock so I figured it shouldn't have been a problem. But I guess I was indeed lucky that they had an extra in stock (don't know if it was the last one or not).

From what I've read, all the known glitches that were present in the Japanese console release are no longer present. Which is good news. Only problem I have now is, unlocking everything. This is going to take a while and nobody is 100% how to unlock everything. I think the only surefire way is to just let your game sit for a long time in training mode and eventually everything will time-release itself. I want those old stages back. :\

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
..Ah.., I see. Well, I'll wait until then. I can still play it anyways. Order Sol is good by the way...though, I still have to play a little more to be sure[unless you guys agree].

Oh and do you guys think we will ever get an X3 in the series and not a million X2's? Expansions won't last forever..

Ky Kiske

Smash Ace
That's been a topic of discussion for as long as I can remember. Your guess is as good as anyone's. :(There is supposed to be a sequel coming up somewhere in the storyline in the form of GG: Overture but I am really not liking the new character designs and by the looks of it it doesn't look like a typical fighting game.

Digital Watches

Smash Ace
That's been a topic of discussion for as long as I can remember. Your guess is as good as anyone's. :(There is supposed to be a sequel coming up somewhere in the storyline in the form of GG: Overture but I am really not liking the new character designs and by the looks of it it doesn't look like a typical fighting game.
It's more like a dynasty warriors type game, from what I've seen.

marthmaster04

Smash Ace
*goes by list*

What got you into Guilty Gear: My friends on msn talking about it a lot, my bro gave me his old X-box and it was one of the first titles I saw at gamestop. So I bought GGXX reload.

-Your favorite characters: I use Jam, Millia, and ky.

-Websites with pics, videos, downloads, anything cool: Dont really have anything here lol.

-Strategies for characters: I'm still really new, and am learning basic juggles, combo starters and getting down the advanced techs stll. While learning the overall metagame. Idk hardly anything about the competetive community so I'm learning stuff from my friends who do play in tourneys.

-anything about Guilty Gear: Honestly, its the only other fighter I respect besides the ssb series. Unlike street fighter theres a better sense of skill and achievement to winning in this game. The combos I can pull off even as a newer player like myself are pretty insane. And I gotta say this lends to smash a little bit, and vice versa. My already high technical ability is increasing in little increments here and there from playing both games.

Dreadlord Santa

Smash Journeyman
I should be picking up my copy of the american version today. I never got the japanese version because it costs a lot to import, and swap magic isn't exactly cheap either. I'm really, really looking forward to it, and I think I'm going to pick up a new character now that I'll actually own the game for the first time ever... I'm thinking Millia at the moment, because I was really excited about the changes when I first read about them (I used to second Millia) and... I'm really not interested in any of the other characters at all.

Ky is low-tier now v_v Which isn't a wholly bad thing. Tons of people have already jumped ship because of the newer tier lists. Stupid tier-whores... I would say good riddance, but I really don't want there to be more Eddies, Testaments, and Slayers in the world <_<

Ky Kiske

Smash Ace
Yes, Ky is pretty low now. But believe it or not, he can still compete with a good majority of the cast unlike his #R incarnation. His matchups look more along the lines of him being at a slight disadvantage for about half of them maybe a few more but still being able to win. So I'm happy at the very least.

Digital Watches

Smash Ace
Ky is low-tier now v_v Which isn't a wholly bad thing. Tons of people have already jumped ship because of the newer tier lists. Stupid tier-whores... I would say good riddance, but I really don't want there to be more Eddies, Testaments, and Slayers in the world <_<
Ky is more like mid-to-upper, according to more recent lists. B or A- tier, certainly better off than some, arguably most, not that it matters all that much.

Dreadlord Santa

Smash Journeyman
What, did you find some lists that are more recent than 7/22 in which Ky jumped up a huge number of ranks for absolutely no reason that I can see at all? The one on Dustloop that is considered most recent has the tiers as, going from bottom to top, Johnny, Bridget, Anji, I-No, Chipp, Dizzy, Ky... I think all the lists in the official tier discussion topic has him below Zappa but one, and that is a sad state of affairs in my book.

But, yes, either way it doesn't matter much. I'm not nearly good enough for tiers to really come into play, so I might as well stick with Ky, since I have way more experience with him than anyone else. I know that he can compete with other people, he's just missing the overpowering damage or pressure that all the really good characters have, and that makes me kind of sad. I wish I had Jam-like damage...

Also, Millia is awesome, but really exhausting to play on pad. So many airdashes... I'm loving the speed, though, and my thumb can get over it.

Digital Watches

Smash Ace
What, did you find some lists that are more recent than 7/22 in which Ky jumped up a huge number of ranks for absolutely no reason that I can see at all? The one on Dustloop that is considered most recent has the tiers as, going from bottom to top, Johnny, Bridget, Anji, I-No, Chipp, Dizzy, Ky... I think all the lists in the official tier discussion topic has him below Zappa but one, and that is a sad state of affairs in my book.

But, yes, either way it doesn't matter much. I'm not nearly good enough for tiers to really come into play, so I might as well stick with Ky, since I have way more experience with him than anyone else. I know that he can compete with other people, he's just missing the overpowering damage or pressure that all the really good characters have, and that makes me kind of sad. I wish I had Jam-like damage...

Also, Millia is awesome, but really exhausting to play on pad. So many airdashes... I'm loving the speed, though, and my thumb can get over it.
Japanese wikis > Dustloop, sir. Also, 7/22 is old as ****. It's almost the end of september, dude.

Top Bottom