• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guinness World Record! **SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETED**

zZz

Smash Apprentice
Thank you everyone who has commented and supported us thus far. We really hope you guys enjoy the matches and will be able to watch Melee go down in the history books.

I've worked very hard setting this up so hopefully it pays off :p

If you have any questions about the record and opinions feel free to address them to me.

♡ⓛⓞⓥⓔ♡

Anti-Illuminati
Could you explain or post here the exact rules for setting up the record?

Also, if someone else would like to attempt this, what would they have to do?

zZz

Smash Apprentice
Could you explain or post here the exact rules for setting up the record?

Also, if someone else would like to attempt this, what would they have to do?
There is too much to say when it comes to everything you have to actually do for the record, so I will keep it simple. For the most part you must be playing non-stop and in a fighting game scenario. You are allowed breaks when you have accumulated time but none of the time you take on break counts towards your final score.

The hardest part isn't so much setting the record, but finding sponsors who will pay for your food, give you a venue to use for an extended period of time, hire employees to work for 36+ hours, and on top of that you have to find two unbiased witnesses to record your every move the duration of the record. There's a lot of red tape.

If you would like to attempt the record yourself by all means go to Guinness World Records website and do a little research though.

Da Shuffla

Smash Lord
Lol, imagine if some of their friends called them the day after the session and asked if they were in for some smash. They'd be like "**** YOU", haha.

Best of luck to them.
This is me the day after every tournament.

Good luck.

Don't think I could pull this off.

WEZL

Smash Cadet
Why do you need sponsors to pay for 2 days' worth of food? And what are the employees doing? lol
Powerplay isnt just going to let a bunch of strangers chill in their store unattended.

Your first question doesnt even deserve an answer.

:phone:

zZz

Smash Apprentice
Why do you need sponsors to pay for 2 days' worth of food?
Let's say a meal costs relatively $5 p/ person... in one day our group would eat roughly $60 worth of food. If we did go for 40+ hours (which is likely) that would mean $120. Wouldn't you rather not spend that money?

WEZL answered the second question perfectly.

Either way you're missing the point! Smash is ****ing badass and we're super stoked to get to play it for nearly two days straight. Hopefully we will inspire another generation of people to play!

Battlecow

Play to Win
good **** guys

although the fact that there are breaks is weaksauce, real men would do fox dittos on FD with infinite time on and have it be a $500 MM.

-ShadowPhoenix-

Smash Bash
NNID
ShdwPhnx
3DS FC
2595-1989-8575
good **** guys

although the fact that there are breaks is weaksauce, real men would do fox dittos on FD with infinite time on and have it be a $500 MM.
it would be very interesting to see how many kills a player would get in a match like that..
i personally would not keep count so it would be super suspenseful at the very end

zZz

Smash Apprentice
Should be longer then 36 hours...for eating, drinking, ****ting etc. etc.

Just have everyone play Falcon on Yoshi's derp.
As of right now 36 hours is just a realistic goal we've set for ourselves. Personally I would like to go 48

Pi

Smash Hero
i wish i could do this with you guys :(
i'm going on 36hrs myself probably pushed about 20hrs of melee in here solo/with people
maybe i can convince one of my friends to top your record w/ me once you set it ^^ or maybe we can do a collab in the future some time...

vv----them ****s is no joke lol

zZz

Smash Apprentice
what happens if u wanna push past 36hrs?
do you ahve the venue/employee's available past that?
If we push past 36 hours then it would be up to our sponsor (Power Play Video Games) to pay their employees to continue to work.

I welcome any challengers who would like attempt to beat our record on one condition... PLAY MELEE!!!! This whole record is meant to give hype to the game we so love, not for us to be known.

On a side note, we just got another sponsor! Wooooohoooo

nZocob

Smash Cadet
I'm gonna try my hardest to come watch and support this event. I've been wanting to jump back into this community for a while now, what better chance than this?

:phone:

zZz

Smash Apprentice
I'm excited like Rebecca Black on Friday! I hope to see a ton of you guys on the live stream!

~Tac~

One day at a time.
NNID
Kamidachi
Switch FC
SW-6745-2861-2990
I'd join in on this if TN wasn't so far. You guys got this though, easy. Good luck. Adventure mode with every character takes like 6 easy hours. winkwink.

Top Bottom