• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guinness World Record! **SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETED**

zZz

Smash Apprentice
And then this became a yearly SWF tradition/challenge.
This could be so cool!

Maybe we could set it up where each region of U.S. and the World is participating simultaneously and people can view them all and choose which area they would like to view at what time.

Let's put our heads together and figure something out.

LlamaSensei

Smash Ace
5 years from now, on January 14 2017, a new set of Melee players will begin a journey to set 2016's record of 58 hours.

That's how I see it going down!

zZz

Smash Apprentice

Varist

Smash Lord
HEY IS YOUR NAME zZz BECAUSE YOU'RE A SLEEPY GUY?

YOU WANNA SLEEP SLEEPY GUY?

GET SLEEPIN

SHRIMP.

Steelia

Smash Champion
I just need one week without hearing Dream Land.
Then just use some of the hacked stuff floating around. That'll take care of that. [:

Seriously, though, awesome job to the 4 of you. Praise can't be said enough. And if this really did became some annual yearly thing, I'd tune in for all that I could, from whomever would be playing. Can't get enough of it.

Varist

Smash Lord
yeuh yeuh like dem DELLLL laptops n them HPPP monitors n them 3DSiziz yeuh, not dat airplane mode altho we areddi know u be sendin' em flyin but dat SLEEP MODE i gacha

Spyro

Smash Ace
I love melee but I would not play it for 38 hours lol.

I hope I get you meet you guys soon, I have not gotten to yet cause I've had no way of getting to smashfests or touraments.

*EDIT*:Ninjaed by Varist's bad trolling :glare:.

Varist

Smash Lord
wait, what of yours did i ninja

oh, did YOU want to be poster #217?

sorry mang, much love bruh, you know you a shrimp but we cool. dat dragon and dat electric mouse pokemon, yeah you a fire/electric type. i respect it.

zZz

Smash Apprentice
I love melee but I would not play it for 38 hours lol.

I hope I get you meet you guys soon, I have not gotten to yet cause I've had no way of getting to smashfests or touraments.

*EDIT*:Ninjaed by Varist's bad trolling :glare:.
We all get together and play every Tuesday and Wednesday so feel free to contact me and i'll get you the details.

:phone:

LlamaSensei

Smash Ace
Llamasensei, don't forget you said you were going to make a combo vid from this. :p

I'm going to start working on the combo video this weekend! Also I am going to be trying to do all the combos in chronological order. That way the progression (or lack thereof) will be more evident!

zZz

Smash Apprentice
We should be hearing from Guinness if we are the new World Record Holders any day now :3

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
32 hours was the previous record? Wow, smashers do that on a regular basis...most gamers do that on a regular basis. I see that you've already 'smashed' the record. I'm sure you'll be down to do it again when some unsuspecting halo player thinks 38 hours is a feat. Now go get some rest, you've got a title to protect.

Do you guys have to literally be playing 36 hours straight or can you switch between the four of you? Provided you all stay awake obviously, but 1v1 with the same guy would get boring for 36 hours straight and 2v2 would just be annoying after a while. I watched some of the stream and originally thought only two people were taking part in this.

Edit: I see you did both with two set ups for some singles matches.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
Yeah. All four of them had to be playing for it to count. They could do 1v1 on 2 setups or 2v2/FFA on 1 set up. They just needed to have all four play continuously for the 30+ hours they did. Every hour they received a 10 minute break. If they did not use that break, it would then accumulate with the next break(s) that aren't use. That way they can have a 30 minute dinner break, etc.

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
This attitude is really frustrating me throughout this thread. I hope all of you are trolling.

Congrats to the new world record holders!
lol, we(well I can't speak for everyone)don't mean it as a stick our noses out as if it wasn't special. I'm still ecstatic that they successfully completed this.I wouldn't say I'm trolling since a lot of smashers do pull all nighters but I'm not saying in an insulting way since I know that I'd cringe if I had to literally play 30+ hours with scheduled breaks.

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
It is the world record for longest fighting game marathon. But I see what your saying.
Is it? I thought it was just video game marathon. Regardless, I'm hoping these guys are going to 'fight' to keep that record from being' smashed' by some SF players...I'll stop with the puns now.

EthereaL

Smash Journeyman
lol, we(well I can't speak for everyone)don't mean it as a stick our noses out as if it wasn't special. I'm still ecstatic that they successfully completed this.I wouldn't say I'm trolling since a lot of smashers do pull all nighters but I'm not saying in an insulting way since I know that I'd cringe if I had to literally play 30+ hours with scheduled breaks.

An all-nighter doesn't even come close to 24 hours, let alone 38.

Although over the course of Apex-weekend, I'm sure the Smash community on average played over 50 hours.

Top Bottom