• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock

fluffy

Smash Champion
Anyway, I have Rock Band and Im borrowin GH3 and I have to say that Rock Band just isnt that much fun anymore, face it, the setlist sucks (except Welcome Home and Run to the Hills).
There are a lot of good songs on Rock Band. They wouldn't put them in if they sucked.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
they would if they have a different opinion of suckage. I hate it when people think that if they hate something, that means other people do too -_-

D13

Smash Ace
I was very proud of myself when I 5-starred The Seeker on expert, but I'm actually not all that good at this game. >_>

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Anyway, I have Rock Band and Im borrowin GH3 and I have to say that Rock Band just isnt that much fun anymore, face it, the setlist sucks (except Welcome Home and Run to the Hills).
Guitar Hero III has Slipknot. Rock Band does not. It's obvious which setlist is superior.

DOGE

Smash Rookie
I got it for ps2, it's ok I guess. You can kind tell its Activision's first time though. What I really hate is what they did to judy and axel. Axel was my fav and judy was my sisters, but now? not so much. That one robot dude is pretty cool though. :chuckle:

D

Deleted member

Kool Thing can suck my balls... I tried like 500 times to FC it, and I kept choking outside of the choruses (fast strumming thing), and I wanted to run through a wall... although, to make it up, I played RB today and I can comfortably play Expert drums now (Run to the Hills took forever to get used to the double bass pattern in the solo)... in comparing setlists, GH3 has more fun solos, RB has more fun songs... and RB makes things simpler for Guitar/Bass (obviously)...

Polymus

Smash Cadet
Guitar Hero Profile < Click

I have not had the game for a "seriously long" amount of time, but I am on the verge of defeating Hard Mode, which I'm proud enough as it is I got to. Check my GH Profile for more in-depth information on my progress if you care.

Anyway, I have to say it is an awesome game, despite not being able to do many "different" thing. I still have to say it's a worth it game. Sure, I get comments such as "is that all you can do?", but seriously. Once you actually PLAY the game, then judge all you want, and don't say it because your bad at it. It's not a hard game once you really try. Anyway, I would rate this fine game a 8/10.

by the way , Major Dragonforce Fan. =D

Viroxor

Smash Ace
I play it with my friends a lot and own the game on Wii. It seriously is a lot of fun, but I've gotten no further down the list than Welcome to the Jungle by Guns N' Roses (a personal all-time favorite song of mine) on Expert. I can almost beat One by Metallica, though. The very end of the solo gets me every time, though.

Anyone hear about the all Aerosmith expansion coming out eventually?

Chip.

you know what to do
Well, I finally got this game lol I can now contribute to this thread.

So I got the game two days ago, and I have already been able to beat 4 expert songs the second day I got it. Can anyone tell me if that's good/bad progress?

fluffy

Smash Champion
Well, I finally got this game lol I can now contribute to this thread.

So I got the game two days ago, and I have already been able to beat 4 expert songs the second day I got it. Can anyone tell me if that's good/bad progress?
I beat all but 4 expert songs on the first day I got it. 1 of them being Ttfaf. Wulfe has FC'd many expert songs like cult of personality on his 1st day playing the game.

It depends who you compare yourself to.

sHy)(gUy

Smash Ace
thats amaizing if uve never played any gh gamed before.
If u have played 1 and 2 then ur gh skill should carry over preety well and beating songs on any difficulty shoulfnt be that hard, but good job anyways

i dont play expert its not fun for me but ive 5 stared every song oh hard and 100% on 80 percent of them .... when i play online i always play on hard

Chip.

you know what to do
I beat all but 4 expert songs on the first day I got it. 1 of them being Ttfaf. Wulfe has FC'd many expert songs like cult of personality on his 1st day playing the game.

It depends who you compare yourself to.
lol I get it I suck thanks for telling me.

jk I guess I gotta work harder though to do that kinda shizy for only one day on the game.

fluffy

Smash Champion
lol I get it I suck thanks for telling me.

jk I guess I gotta work harder though to do that kinda shizy for only one day on the game.
lol no I didn't say you suck. I should've added that you're probably better than 95% of gh players that can't even play on expert no matter how hard they try. (makes me wonder why they fail at life so much)

Reminds me of a funny story of how my roomates wouldn't let me play anything lower than hard on the first day ever playing the game for gh2. This was when gh3 was like coming out so they prepared me in every way. I failed so many times until i realized that all you hafta do is look at the notes before you hit them...

Why'd they even make medium or easy? :/

Black Sabbath

Smash Rookie
I'm actually pretty good at the game. 5 starred everything on Expert (setlist) except for One (gonna 5 star soon) and my most hated song, Raining Blood :mad:

BTW if anyone has it for Wii and plays on Expert, PM me and I'll give you my Friend Code

rklamer

Smash Cadet
Ooh, Smashers that play GH!

I jumped on the GH bandwagon with GH3. Needless to say, I've had to do quite a bit of catching up. I finally passed TtFaF on Expert last week (82%, meh score... but hey, I passed it). I picked up GH2, and I'm trying to learn Jordan now. Anyway, back to GH3. Does anyone else have it for the PS2? Have you tried hacking custom songs into it? I've done so to get TDWDTG as a playable Quick Play song. I've got one custom GH song I've made (Blackbird by Alter Bridge)... I need to upload it to SH soon.

FaceFaceMcFace

Smash Ace
So uh, I just got GH3 for Wii yesterday, first guitar hero I've played... and I love it. Due to physical complications though, I have to play it one handed. which I do by pressing the fret buttons with my thumb and strumming with my elbow. Needless to say, I'm not amazing. I just started to try medium.

Anyway, if you don't mind playing against someone that is playing easy or medium, PM me and we can exchange friend codes. Weeee.

smash superstar

Smash Ace
I just started playing this game again....i play on expert for the most part...cant beat like 1/4th of the songs on expert...i play on wii so if u ever want to play with me let me know.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
So uh, I just got GH3 for Wii yesterday, first guitar hero I've played... and I love it. Due to physical complications though, I have to play it one handed. which I do by pressing the fret buttons with my thumb and strumming with my elbow. Needless to say, I'm not amazing. I just started to try medium.

Anyway, if you don't mind playing against someone that is playing easy or medium, PM me and we can exchange friend codes. Weeee.
How do you play chords? and out of curiosity(don't answer if you're uncomfortable about it) is this a temporary problem (ie a broken arm) or something that can't be fixed (ie born without an arm)?

Tino's White Horse

Smash Journeyman

That's ****ing hardcore.

FaceFaceMcFace

Smash Ace
How do you play chords? and out of curiosity(don't answer if you're uncomfortable about it) is this a temporary problem (ie a broken arm) or something that can't be fixed (ie born without an arm)?
chords are just a group of notes in succession, right? Well, I keep my entire thumb over the fret buttons, (the other fingers holding the back) and I can move it quite fast, partially from all the competitive smashing I've done. for seperated double notes I bring my pointer finger back around.

It is an unfixable problem. I DO have a right arm, but I have a mild case of hemiplegia, which is scarring on the brain that messes with the nervous system on one side of the body. so basically it has less coordination, slightly less feeling, less muscle, etc.
When I play GH, all my right hand does is hold the guitar up by the head. Do note the guitar is flattish over my lap. For smash, my right hand only presses A and B, so all my wavedashing, jump cancelling, etc. in melee I did with the control stick. I hit the c-stick with my left thumb too.

Black Sabbath

Smash Rookie

Wow, I play Expert and I'm jealous you can do that :mad: lol

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
chords are just a group of notes in succession, right? Well, I keep my entire thumb over the fret buttons, (the other fingers holding the back) and I can move it quite fast, partially from all the competitive smashing I've done. for seperated double notes I bring my pointer finger back around.

It is an unfixable problem. I DO have a right arm, but I have a mild case of hemiplegia, which is scarring on the brain that messes with the nervous system on one side of the body. so basically it has less coordination, slightly less feeling, less muscle, etc.
When I play GH, all my right hand does is hold the guitar up by the head. Do note the guitar is flattish over my lap. For smash, my right hand only presses A and B, so all my wavedashing, jump cancelling, etc. in melee I did with the control stick. I hit the c-stick with my left thumb too.
Wow. and just as a note, chords are actually when you play multiple notes at the same time(in your case it's only two) but in hard and expert you get threes. Some series of notes are actually broken chords, but that's impossible to tell on GH since the frets only correspond to notes in whether it moves up or down on the next one, not actual pitches. Keep doing what you do!

FaceFaceMcFace

Smash Ace
Oh okay, chords make sense now. I have landed triple notes before (when the difficulty gets boosted up in a boss battle) by pressing two with my thumb and one with my pointer finger... not very comfortable considering it makes my pointer finger bend like a hook... but possible.

I recently started using the whammy bar on really long notes by putting the base end of the guitar under my chair's armrest and moving it up and down, hahahaha.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
Oh okay, chords make sense now. I have landed triple notes before (when the difficulty gets boosted up in a boss battle) by pressing two with my thumb and one with my pointer finger... not very comfortable considering it makes my pointer finger bend like a hook... but possible.

I recently started using the whammy bar on really long notes by putting the base end of the guitar under my chair's armrest and moving it up and down, hahahaha.

:D Technically that wouldn't work in a few expert songs(green yellow orange) but i don't think you plan on playing those. That's TtFaF, The way it ends, and a few more.

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
Honestly, as big of a GH Fan I am, or at least WAS- the game doesn't look appealing enough to pick up. I might rent it since I'm an achievment *****, but otherwise- pass for me.

pikamon

Smash Ace
Yeah, Gamestop has boxes up promoting the new Guitar Hero game (aerosmith). Can't say I'm all that impressed. GH3 was pretty awesome and I think they should just stick to that for a while. Give us some DLC for two or three years and then release IV. These spin off games are lame.

Engel

Smash Journeyman
GH Aerosmith might be somewhat lame but I think it'd still be fun to play more songs and there'll supposedly be some other bands in the game as well >_>

Top Bottom