• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock

kennypoopoo

Smash Apprentice
I'm a huge guitar hero fan I own all 4 for the PS2. I really like the game play of 3 and the graphics are amazing compared to all the others. I also really like the fact that when you star power now it doesn't shake the screen and the timing for the Hammer-ons is pretty easy this time around. I do think 1&2 had better song selection GH3 had a handful of good songs but not alot.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
GH Aerosmith might be somewhat lame but I think it'd still be fun to play more songs and there'll supposedly be some other bands in the game as well >_>
Yeah, so far non-Aerosmith songs in the game are:

"All the Young Dudes" - Mott The Hoople
"Dream Police" - Cheap Trick
"I Hate Myself For Loving You" - Joan Jett
"All Day and All Of The Night" - The Kinks
"Complete Control" - The Clash
"Personality Crisis" - New York Dolls

It might be enjoyable (New York Dolls & The Kinks <3), but a game to rent at best.

Manny G.

Smash Journeyman
Hello every one. my friend code for Guitar Hero is 086019617294. I play on Xpert and just beat Raining Blood on Xpert. please add me and give me your friend code. I have it for Wii.

-Thanks
Ps my user name is Manny.

D

Deleted member

TTFAF is going to be the ruin of me... every song 5*ed except that one... breaking combos every 100 notes and missing 10 SP phrases is not fun... I've tried so hard, and I'm literally making like 2k progress per week... so I went to playing Brawl lmao

I got 556k on One a few days ago too, that was great... and I FCed Fast Solo B in a complete fluke, so if I can do it again with no stupid mistakes, I'll 7* it with over 600k... that would be awesome

Aerosmith... probably gonna play it, and not like it too much... I like Aerosmith and everything, but their songs are much too easy... I would've loved something like Metallica or Iron Maiden, but that's just dreams... *insert Dream On joke here*

SuperWildYoshi

Smash Apprentice
I don't own it but I heard it's worth buying it. The only complaints were that it could be repetitive, but other then that this is a great game to get.

Vexen

Smash Rookie
GH3 was fun, but not really challenging enough. I find myself playing only ttfaf every time I get on because ever since I've beaten ttfaf on expert nothing else seems that difficult. (Besides maybe F.C.P.R.E.M.I.X and Take This Life) I'm hoping that Aerosmith offers some difficult tracks. I would be perfectly happy with a guitar hero rocks dragonforce. lol (Even if they do cheat on some of their tracks by using technology to fast forward their playing)

fluffy

Smash Champion
GH3 was fun, but not really challenging enough. I find myself playing only ttfaf every time I get on because ever since I've beaten ttfaf on expert nothing else seems that difficult. (Besides maybe F.C.P.R.E.M.I.X and Take This Life) I'm hoping that Aerosmith offers some difficult tracks. I would be perfectly happy with a guitar hero rocks dragonforce. lol (Even if they do cheat on some of their tracks by using technology to fast forward their playing)
Why do some people find difficulty to be pleasure? I find listening to good songs to be fun.

Somasu

Smash Ace

P-Wubbs

Smash Apprentice
Impressive on the 5 stars! My friend and I got into it late and have been working up. At the moment, starting to work down expert. I have to say, I am not sure how we are going to approach TTFAF. I guess once we get that far we'll be better suited for it, but I am finding I am pretty overmatched at the moment.

D

Deleted member

557k on TTFAF... such a heartbreaking score...

On the plus side, -3 on BiF, and 460 on TWIE... almost 21.8 mil (still got some catching up to do with friends though)

Somasu

Smash Ace
557k on TTFAF... such a heartbreaking score...

I don't know what was more heartbreaking for me between scoring 562K or actually making the 5* cutoff, and then ****ing up at the "You Rock" section and, somehow, failing. Both of those happened to me, and both of those made me want to smash my guitar =P

I still need to find more people to play...

Also, the Wii version needs some ****ing DLC, dammit. God, why couldn't I had just owned a 360 so I could have the version that's only better by about a billion times?

D

Deleted member

That's horrible lol... I'll probably get the 5* soon, and then worry about 6*s... Raining Blood, Mauvais Garcon, Nothing For Me Here, The Way It Ends, and TTFAF... That, and I've been playing GH2 customs lol...

I've played the DLC on 360, and I love it :D...

Somasu

Smash Ace
360 DLC is the main reason I want the 360 version so much more right now.. I mean, if the Wii version gets DLC, that will make me happy.. but the 360 version would still be better to me xD

And yeah, now that I've got all the 5 stars, I'm working on 6 stars... the ones I have left now are RaBl, NFMH, TTL, and TTFAF.

TTL and NFMH shouldn't be too hard once I sit down and do 'em... RaBl and TTFAF are gonna be a *****, though.

After that it's onto the 7 stars :D

Somasu

Smash Ace
It'd be tough for me to tell xD I hardly upstrum unless I need to (like in TTFAF and stuff..)

Even in Number of the Beast, I d-strum the whole thing.

D

Deleted member

And yeah, now that I've got all the 5 stars, I'm working on 6 stars... the ones I have left now are RaBl, NFMH, TTL, and TTFAF.

TTL and NFMH shouldn't be too hard once I sit down and do 'em... RaBl and TTFAF are gonna be a *****, though.

After that it's onto the 7 stars :D
The 6*s I need to get are RaBl, Mauvais Garcon (lol), NFMH, and TTFAF... I'll definitely get Mauvais Garcon as soon as I stop getting frustrated at listening to and playing that song... I could get NFMH if I could hit that ****ing green to yellow/orange chord... and I'm never getting RaBl or TTFAF...

Lobelia, you probably have a bad guitar... the LP I play with for Wii has no problems (other than the occasional yellow letting go of holds)... but that reminds me to get a new CD so I can play RARAN and RYLAH

D

Deleted member

I know this is double posting, but I finally 5*ed TTFAF yesterday :D :D :D :D :D

Thank god lol

Now to work on the 6*s... x.x... Or not lol, considering none of my remaining 3 (RaBl, NFMH, and TTFAF) are happening ever

Somasu

Smash Ace
I only have 2 6 stars left. Raining Blood and TTFAF.

Raining Blood probably isn't happening.. but TTFAF is very possible. You need around 740 something or another and I've got around 650K right now even after only 5*ing it not to loong ago.

And Chaos, I Dstrum all of NFMH xD Except the obvious part where there's those strings of notes like in the intro... but yeah, other than that I Dstrum it.. and it's gotten me the 6 star that way..

Oh yeah, random splurge of happiness, but I just FCed the entire solo for The Way it Ends a couple days ago IN A REAL RUN of all places xD Sadly, I sucked up the other parts for some reason, so no high score and definitely no FC. FC is VERY possible now, since I know I can hit that solo, and I know for sure I've hit every other part of that song and most of it I can do it consistently unless I go ********..

Manny G.

Smash Journeyman
Breaking News

.......4 me any way. After wasting about a month on Guitar Hero, I finally beat GH2 and GH3 on expert( even thougt i beat 2 a few months ago) so, pat on the back 4 me:)

D

Deleted member

I can't hit green to yellow-orange... I can almost FC the entire song except that part, for crying out loud

I also FC'd La Grange... finally

Somasu

Smash Ace
I haven't gone for an FC of La Grange, yet.. recently working on Same Old Song and Dance.

I'm soon gonna start working on a Cliffs of Dover FC.. I've hit every single part of that song, and I think I've found a way to hit the orange hammer-on parts comfortably.. so.. hey, maybe soon.

Also, I had something happen that made me both happy AND pissed me off.

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d67/TJordan1986/Guitar Hero Screens/DSCN4736.jpg
^675K on TTFAF

While it indeed was a sexy run (585K when the solo finished), I screwed up a lot of really easy SP phrases.. and I missed the You Rock! ending by about 20%, so had I not screwed up all of those, this probably would've been a 700K+ run =(

Oh well, it was awesome. And I got it on tape, so I plan to have it on Youtube sometime soon.

D

Deleted member

lol that sucks... I hate it when that happens...

My CoD story is this: I currently have a 308k run... this is a run where I hit Intro Solo B for the first time ever, was using optimal path all the way through... and then I miss in Solo A... and then I miss the blue strum after the oranges in Solo D (which I never do)... then I missed the last measure of One Last Solo... sucks...

La Grange is easy, imo... SOSaD, on the other hand... bit more annoying lol

Somasu

Smash Ace
SOSaD is an easy song, just.. well.. annoying, as you said xD It's all the random strumming notes that throws me off so much that I've resorted to just strumming through the entire thing.

And yeah, I kinda have a similar thing with CoD. I only have 297K, though, but still.. I hit Intro B for the first time like you did, then I missed that little chord part after the second chorus, then I missed Solo C AND D like.. almost entirely...

Edit: Yay, finally got the SOSaD FC. ****ing son of a ***** song..

Niko_K

Smash Master
Just started playing this on my Wii not too long ago.

543K TTL -1

Just did this now. KoC 5*

Also a got a new TTFATF score. 4* 469K. The unique thing about this score is I got 100% on blackest waves in this run as well as 97% on Hermans Solo II not pictured.

Plazma

Smash Apprentice
some of my favorite songs are prayer of the refugee, cliffs of dover, impulse, cities on flame with rock and roll

IvanDaMexican2

Smash Apprentice
add me 3523 1525 9008, pm me, i play expert, 5* almost everything, Fcd 15 songs on expert, career 11,200,000 completed ttfaf on expert

Somasu

Smash Ace
That song sounds funny as Hell. Should amuse me.

Huzzah for it being free. Probably wouldn't get it if I had to pay. I've already paid enough for the DLC for Rock Band.

Niko_K

Smash Master
I think its been exactly a month since I've owned the game as of today. My progress is **** great and I hope everyone could give me some feedback!

I swear to god I can FC this...I dont know how I screwed up those chords so badly >.< oh well. **** happy about this one, and I hope to make this my first FC.

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nb5dhehfms0
Image: http://img164.imageshack.us/img164/5858/dsc01148ed1.jpg

Herman Solo - 175/190 = 91%
Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fab2XwZNeWA

Top Bottom