• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guys, I had the weirdest dream...

UberMadman

Smash Lord
NNID
Psychotic_Forces
It happened the other day, and I dreamed that the New Smash Bros. was already out, only all the other unrevealed characters were really weird and obscure, the three I remember being Dixie Kong, who was OK, (but there was no Diddy,) Brock from the Pokemon ANIME, not the games, was a playable character, and Tom Nook was a playable character, with a bunch of weird other ones so weird I can't remember, and I remember that there was a menu that displayed all the unlockable characters before you even played the game and gave you the requirements to unlock them, not even allowing for spoilers and speculation, just straight up telling us the full, ****ty roster... and I was ENJOYING the game...

...I think I must be some sort of a masochist... is there something wrong with me to dream this? I'm afraid to go to sleep again... Halp. 0_0

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator
I've had a few weird SSB dreams. I think twice in the few years before Brawl's release I had nightmares that Brawl only had 10 characters and that it was a bad game. Anyway, I think could be caused from reading too much bad speculation and seeing too many dumb fan rosters. That you enjoyed it is nothing unusual, dreams don't follow any strict consistency with reality.

Hypercat-Z

Smash Lord
LOL! Finally some other one that has dreams about Super Smash Bros. 4.
I have them almost periodically.
Let me tell what I remember of those dreams:
The selection screen has a remix of the Street Fighter 2 selection screen.
At the end of each stage in the story mode you find Funky Kong and his concorde barrel (from Donkey Kong Country 1) waiting for you to climb one, then he climbs on too, it blasts off and you can control it on the map.
A stage in the story mode was like the scooby dooby doors (the enemies could move and shoot in every directions but you could only move on the X-Y axis and move in the Z axis you had to reach and pass through the door on the opposite wall to come out from a forward door on the previous wall).
There were blue and red copies of the protagonist of Urban Champion as minions.
There were also female keatons, they had a staff like the one of Sly Cooper and their point was to steal you the trophies, stikers and coins you had collected and run away with them.
One of the bosses was the Gundam like boss of Sector Y in Starfox 64 and was piloted by Manky Kong.
Another boss was a giant Geno.
Another boss was a storm of winged bob-ombs (black, blue, purple and magenta, with different grades of deflagration) in Space Invaders formation, dropping one at time and chasing you.
This is all I can remember for now (my head hurts).

wildvine47

Smash Ace
I had a terrible nightmare the other night that Ridley got in, but he was a 1-to-1 clone of Donkey Kong. It was horrifying.

Aside from that I had another dream that Bowser Jr. and Waluigi were revealed in a trailer together (which is especially weird because I don't even support Waluigi for this game) and all of Waluigi's movement animations were based on his swim from Mario Tennis, so he would literally swim through the entire match to move around. His final smash was also a giant slingshot that fired a massive Mario Party dice block that bounced around the stage killing people. On the other hand Jr.'s was one of the Sunshine Goop Piranha Plants you fought at the beginning of the game.

SpaceJell0

Smash Ace
NNID
SpaceJell0
3DS FC
0104-0342-5999
You guys have pretty detailed and elaborate dreams, and good memory 0_0 I only remember seeing Villager's reveal but with a different character in his place, either Ridley or some bluish-purple hue Pokémon. And I played it :D but Ridley was a Charizard clone xD

MasteRMerF

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MasteRMerF
3DS FC
5000-2607-1297
Lol I honestly just had a dream about Smash 4. Chrom was announced on the Smash Bros. site. I remember checking the site, seeing Chrom announced, shrieking a little bit, and watching his Newcomer video. As expected, showed him fighting on the Arena Ferox stage, as well as a handful of confirmed stages, specifically the new Battlefield, Skyloft, and Dr. Wily's Fortress. His video ended with it saying "Chrom awakens his strength!" I woke up expecting to actually see it...and uh...I didn't, haha.

nessokman

Smash Lord
i remember having a dream that i was playing it and enjoying it better than brawl and melee together. :O Dreams are odd, uncontrollable things...just go with it

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
I've had a few weird SSB dreams. I think twice in the few years before Brawl's release I had nightmares that Brawl only had 10 characters and that it was a bad game. Anyway, I think could be caused from reading too much bad speculation and seeing too many dumb fan rosters. That you enjoyed it is nothing unusual, dreams don't follow any strict consistency with reality.
Well one of the things in your dream was right.....

PlayerOneTyler

Sr. Community Manager, Smashboards Editor / Social
I have had a couple SSB4 dreams, but they're not very vivid. I remember I had one where I think Little Mac was revealed, but I don't really remember it much.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
I dont really dream...i rather have like intesive deep thoughts instead and i have had some about Sm4sh.

One of them is Charging a Shadow Ball with Mewtwo with one hand like he does in the first movie when he throws it at Mew but in Foxs face instead on his PKMN Stadium stage the Purple one.

Another Is thinking over and over again about how Sick it would be to Play as Ridley and how he would be like and work over and over again.
I picture doing combos like grabbing fox throwing him up.

Jump forward claw repeat x3 juggling him.

Then back aerial is a tail poke as he goes flying i dash then jump fly fly to try keep up and shoot fullycharged fire ball = KO.

as you can tell i really wanna kill Fox xD (i hate him....

Omfgffgggg Ridley !!!

Also Meta Ridley costume = Life Complete.

Hypercat-Z

Smash Lord
Oh! I just remembered another dream I had about the story mode:
One of the bosses was a flying orange floppy disk about the size of kirby and that had the power of duplicating himself at an incredible speed. They all were bouncing on the edges of the screen, hurting with their corners, and you couldn't distinguish the original from the copies, eccept when it was duplicating itself.
By destroying the original even the copies were disappearing.

This is enough close to what I dreamt. You can see the one eye and the mouth.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Oh! I just remembered another dream I had about the story mode:
One of the bosses was a flying orange floppy disk about the size of kirby and that had the power of duplicating himself at an incredible speed. They all were bouncing on the edges of the screen, hurting with their corners, and you couldn't distinguish the original from the copies, eccept when it was duplicating itself.
By destroying the original even the copies were disappearing.

This is enough close to what I dreamt. You can see the one eye and the mouth.
Yoooooo Brooo!! You smoking da gurddddd sheetttt!

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I remember having a dream before Brawl came that Cranky Kong and Birdo were playable characters. That dream was nearly 7 years ago and the thing that weirds me out now is that the graphics of the dream look exactly the same as SSB4's do now.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
I once had a dream where it was nothing but continuous fighting of Pikachu, Samus, Solid Snake and Diddy Kong. Nothing but fighting. It was horrible. And then I had a nightmare about the evils of Waluigi, but that's a completely different story.

Zelbertoad

Smash Cadet
I haven't had dreams about SSB4 or Brawl, but I have had a melee dream and a ssb64 dream.

My ssb64 dream was that I was in the world of smash where every character was a toy that master hand picked up in last scene of the intro. I watched luigi and a few others(I can't remember) run away from a creepy 50's porcelain doll that looked like the talking Tina doll from Twilight Zone.

My melee dream was that after beating enough wire frames in cruel mode, a new challenger would appear that wasn't one of the fighters from the completed melee roster. I eventually got to fighting and unlocking more random non-existent characters. They were a lot harder than level 9 computers in melee. Like imaginary level 11 or 12.
I've had that dream twice now in 2001 and recently after picking up melee again.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
I haven't had dreams about SSB4 or Brawl, but I have had a melee dream and a ssb64 dream.

My ssb64 dream was that I was in the world of smash where every character was a toy that master hand picked up in last scene of the intro. I watched luigi and a few others(I can't remember) run away from a creepy 50's porcelain doll that looked like the talking Tina doll from Twilight Zone.

My melee dream was that after beating enough wire frames in cruel mode, a new challenger would appear that wasn't one of the fighters from the completed melee roster. I eventually got to fighting and unlocking more random non-existent characters. They were a lot harder than level 9 computers in melee. Like imaginary level 11 or 12.
I've had that dream twice now in 2001 and recently after picking up melee again.
Wow....thats cool and messed up.

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
I remember that I had a dream that I had bought Brawl (this was month's before it's release).. and that I had started to play it, when I woke up, I went to my game collection only to be dissepointed that Brawl was not there.

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
I dreamed that todays reveal would be that Olimar isn't limited to just 3 pikmin (as it seems at the moment) but he can actually command up to 12 at a time, oh man that would be nuts. :p

Hypercat-Z

Smash Lord
I think it would be nice instead.
This is barely related But I once dreamt that there was a lot (and I mean A FU KING LOT) of games like Super Smash Bros. Pratically one for each of the biggest and eldest soft houses existing and other big companies like Cartoon Network, Nickelodoen, Disney and Tatsunoko.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Don't mind me, I'm just collecting your dreams for a Smashboards Horror Fanfic.

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
I had a dream a week before last week. It was a Miiverse post by Sakurai with vague wording, but what I could salvage from it is that he said how he felt the hype was getting stale from the lack of new content, so he would reveal at least one character by the end of the week.

And so it turned out, PIKMIN & OLIMAR REVEAL FRIDAY OF THAT WEEK! I'm an SSB4 prophet!

Sol_Vent

Smash Journeyman
NNID
l-Sorubento-l
3DS FC
1375-8278-3354
Don't mind me, I'm just collecting your dreams for a Smashboards Horror Fanfic.

Here, use this! It's a description of every Smash-related dream I've ever had as far as I know! (walloftext)

1: So when I was in elementary school and only Smash 64 was out, I had a dream wherein I entered the realm of Super Smash Bros myself. It seems like it should just be straight up awesome, but I was really nervous about it. I worried over what the other fighters and the crowd would think of me. I entered the arena through a grimily realistic concrete passage that you'd expect to find at a crappy monster truck/wrestling stadium, then fought. Not as myself, oh no. When inside the game/arena, I became a slightly more masculine white jigglypuff with red eyes and an evil look. It may have also had horns. That's all I remember, though. I don't know how the battles went or how I woke up.

2: Sometime during the Brawl Dojo days, I had a rather uninteresting dream where I bought a copy, then actually had a fairly realistic drive home. As I stood in my living room with the copy in my hand, I awoke.

3: This one I mentioned in a status on this site, more details here. Just a few months ago, during my penultimate college semester, I had a dream where my Art and Design Senior Seminar class took a field trip that somehow allowed me to play a demo copy of SSB4. Strangely, I was actually playing it late at night in the school's Art Department Mac lab. As for the actual demo, it had a very strange character select screen that contained a strange anthropomorphic fox character who definitely was not Fox. He was very cartoony. Then I got to mess around with Marth on Battlefield, basically Melee's Battlefield, and found that I could wavedash infinite distance until I slid off the ledge.

4: Just last night, I had a dream that was simultaneously about pre-release website updates and post-release gameplay. In the pre-release segment, Roy was announced on the main website in his Awakening garb. During the post-release scene, I played as a Young Link who looked like "A Link Between Worlds" Link who spoke like a prepubescent wannabe gangster, ending all of his sentences with the word "sucka."

TL/DR: My dreams are really cool.

Ajnin Surlaw

Smash Rookie
I see I'm not the only one who has had Smash dreams..
Mine had to do with playing a new Super Smash Bros. game (Before Wii U/3DS ver. were announced). I was playing as Fox on a Final Destination/Battlefield hybrid stage with 4 platforms on each side of the stage (Could have been placed differently). The stage was in Space with stars and everything floating around. The models were clearly way cleaner and were of much higher quality. The gameplay was leaning a bit towards Project M in terms of speed, I suppose. I was so happy that I was actually playing the new Smash. Even though I can't remember who I was fighting against (It was definitely a 4-way brawl), I was having a blast. I can't really say much as to how the match went because I don't remember. Then.. I woke up.. My reaction to realizing that playing a new Smash game was only a dream..

"I have never felt so betrayed."

Hypercat-Z

Smash Lord
Speaking of horror, I once dreamt the start of the villager adventure mode was kinda like this game:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUESycyN0l4
I was visiting the museum, talking with the other villager, visiting every section, and at some point the music faded out, everybody had disappeared, the light faded out too. The entrance/exit was closed, so I started wandering around. The painting and the fossils were kinda alive and observing me as I was coming closer to them but without attacking, even the T-Rex. Then I heard a huge broken glass sound. I kept wandering around till I reached the aquarium section just to find the white shark tank was broken and the shark disappeared. As I continued wandering around I heard a Jaws like tune fading in and then... GODDAMN! The big white shark was crawling on the ground in my direction. No attack working, so I had no choice but escape. Then a characters in a painting moved away, showing off the wide space in the background and I dived into the painting. And there the dreamt ended.

Avocado14

Smash Cadet
I just had a dream a few days after WFT was announced that Wolf was confirmed and he was no longer a clone of Fox. Fox was a clone of him.

Mr. OC

Smash Journeyman
I had a dream that Pit became a man and no longer looked like a ***** with wings.
Then I woke up and realized it was just God of War.

Hypercat-Z

Smash Lord
Now I remember. I had a dream in which the story mode was spoofing a lot of classic games:
Kung Fu Master: You had to ascend a tall building by proceding in a zig zag pattern through the floors, beating all the foes in the way, till you reach the top where you fight King Hippo. After his defeat Kamek, imitating the witch of Power Rangers, turns him into a giant, but the eccessive increase of mass makes him break all the floors. So the descending is a lot faster than the ascending.
Bubble Bobble: Like the Pit of 100 trials in Paper Mario 2, you have had to descend through a moltitude of rooms, destroying the enemies within to open the access to the next room. And all of them could be somehow folded to pick them up and throwing them against other enemies.
Nebulus: You had to ascend or descend some cylindric towers by proceding around their curved walls. As usual, the internal walls were much larger than the external ones (Animal Crossing space physic).
Double Dragon: Plain scrolling stages, suburban background, almost no platforms but a lot of enemies equiped with weapons you could steal. Big turtle dudes with bats, mouse guys throwing knives and mouse girls armed with whiplash.
There were other things but I can't focus them now.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I HAD A DREAM.... anyway, it was that all my wishlist characters were on the roster. Wishful-thinking-dream.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I HAD A DREAM.... anyway, it was that all my wishlist characters were on the roster. Wishful-thinking-dream.

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
Ooh, Smash dreams.

Smash Dream No. 1: The Awakening to the truth of Resetti.
I don't remember most of it, but in think there was a Nintendo Direct, and in it, they showed Mii and Mr. Resetti as newcomers. I only remember their little "joins the battle" thing. Resetti's was "Mr. Resetti reports for duty!" And Mii's was, "Mii"

Smash Dream No. 2: F-Arwidley.
I remember walking into some kind of lounge; I think at a mall? And there was a huge (and I mean HUGE) screen on a wall, and they were showing a Developer Direct, and Sakurai said that "Ridley was indeed to large to implement; however, we remembered how much people hated how the Landmaster was in Brawl, and how much the fans wanted another F-Zero rep. So, we decided to morph the three together; Land master, Ridley, and F-Zero car." Then the "joins the battle thing" came up, showing a Land master with F-Zero details and wings, with Ridley's head and wings sticking out.

Smash Dream No. 3: Super Bash Sisters DLC
Definitely the most unrealistic one yet. Zelda, Sheik, Zero Suit Samus, (Samus is now the SA-X, actually) Peach, and Jigglypuff were all cut, and after the launch of the game, Sakurai announced that Super Bash Sisters will be upcoming DLC that will recreate the whole game (Like Super Luigi U) and replace all the male fighters with females. Some characters included Lucina, Dixie Kong, Palutena, Sylveon, Daisy, Toadette, Waddle Dee (f), and Roll.

Top Bottom