• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

h0w do u guyz play m@arth

fobo

Smash Rookie
:dizzy: hum.... Spam f-airs....Smash attacks for kill, b air edge guard, if the times right d-air spike... You know, a standard marth O_o

KaosKun

Smash Cadet
By hitting buttons and making him do stuff. Once stuff happens, we kill opponent. repeat until match is won.

other than that please be more specific so we can answer your question

Zelareth

Smash Cadet
Personally i use a lot of f-airs, sometimes throw some n-airs if my f-airs get stale, throw sword dance when they run in, sh f-air then shieldbreaker works nice here and there if they're not thinking, maybe some d-tilts or f-tilts in my ground game to stop offensives here and there...for grab game sometimes just keep jabbing till they break free and either d-tilt or re-grab or throw forward charge f-smash and wait for airdodge works at lower percents...as for edgeguarding i just jump of and use f-air or n-air and pray haha

BacklashMarth

Smash Lord
I let my oppontent dictate how i will play marth. I don't have a particular method besides trying to dunk them any chance i get. They get agressive, i counter. They play defense.I break their shield. They grab, i get agressive.

Unusual_Rex

Smash Journeyman
I'm a fairly defensive player. I usually grab, F-Throw, SH, double F-Air. B-Air usually for edge-guarding.

I'll throw in a Dancing Blade every now and then. When opponents dash at me I'll use a neutral B move. I'll use counter when I predict and attack as well.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
I like to play Marth like the way I play chess, goad out aggression, find the attack pattern, and kill. This usually involves a lot of fake approaches, foxtrotting, and SH.

e__

Smash Ace
I usually wait for the other person to attack first and shield during that to get used to their style, then I generally learn how to approach them best and try to juggle them from there. I counter/ shield/shieldgrab when I see them approach, then learn how to approach on my own, usually with SHFF'd nairs/fairs and dash attacks and try to string up some damage. If they spam projectiles, I double jump and counter/air dodge and attack. Even if they grab me or do a little damage, it'll be worth it for the better spacing over a little damage.

Unless they're playing Olimar. Then I just don't give a **** about what happens and hit them with everything I have.

Edit: Oh, and I've been trying to use the B moves more often too. Shieldbreaker when my friends get too shield happy (ie snake dropping grenades then shielding), side b for disrupting rhythm and getting a good combo off, and trying to thrown in reverse up b out of shield for some kills when someone with high percent manages to get on top of me.

Nodrak

Smash Ace
Lucario is my defensive character, Marth is my offensive character. My Marth goes by the saying "If you're not attacking, you're not winning" so I pretty much swing the sword around the enemy until they fly away. Just leave enough space for my sword to hit and their attacks to miss and I'm set.

Proverbs

Smash Lord
I personally use his final smash for every attack, sweeping each level of the stage--even with items turned off. There's no way they can escape.

jinofcoolnes

Smash Journeyman
I personally use his final smash for every attack, sweeping each level of the stage--even with items turned off. There's no way they can escape.
isnt the smash ball an item?

Oh as for the way to play marth is simple.

1.Start the game with marth.
2.?????
3.Y@U W1NZ!!!!!!!!!!!

You can make the AT easier if you dont die.(it works almost 100% if you dont die)

I heard this works with other characters but i didnt have any time to test it,well because Marth is GODtier!!!!,so i didnt wana waste my unwasteful time playing low tier characters.

∫unk

Smash Master
Please... stop replying. I thought the Marth boards was intelligent enough to let this die on its own, but clearly we aren't capable of that.

Hopefully this message will be the last one on this thread.

Top Bottom