• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

HAB Presents: SWAGG IV - NESS Circuit Qualifier #1

HollaAtchaBoy

Smash Master
IMPORTANT

Note: Smash Waterbury A Go-Go IV will be the first qualifying event for the New England Smash Summer Circuit. You can find all information regarding the NESS Circuit here:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=322691

THE N.E. T.O. GROUP PRESENTS

CATCH A TAXI-HAB TO GET HERE!

Saturday, June 2, 2012
At Vortex Gaming
625 Wolcott Street
Waterbury, CT 06705​

HOW TO REACH OUR HUMBLE HABODE
[COLLAPSE="Show/Hide"]
FROM CT:
Take I-84 to Exit 23 in Waterbury (Rt 63 / Hamilton Avenue)
Turn Right on Union St.
(Brass Mill Center Mall on your Left)
Take 2nd Left at MANOR Avenue
(At Dunkin Donuts / Rite Aid)
Right at T-intersection onto Wolcott Road.
Destination on Left (Same plaza as Family Dollar & Largay Travel [Name's still so lulzy])

FROM NYC:
Take Metro-North to Waterbury
(Transfer at Bridgeport for Service to Waterbury)
You'll end up at Waterbury Train Station (333 Meadow Street)
Call up some nugguh to come get you!
(Seriously, though, I want to have some kind of makeshift shuttle service picking dudes up at the station if at all possible!)​
[/COLLAPSE]

BRING TVS AND SETUPS

SWAGGY SCHEDULE

[COLLAPSE="Show/Hide"]10:30am - Venue Opens (roughly!)
11:00am - HAB shows up (likely cradling Inca Kola, also rather roughly!)
12:00pm - Doubles Registration Opens
01:00pm - Doubles Registration Closes / Bracketology (Seeding) / Last Minute Entrants
02:30pm - Doubles Begins
03:30pm - Singles Registration Opens
04:30pm - Singles Registrations Closes / Bracketology
05:00pm - Singles Begins
07:00pm - Draft Crews Registration Opens
07:30pm - Draft Crews Registrations Ends
08:00pm - **** Draft Crews Begins
11:00pm - Venue Closes (Also roughly!)

Singles Bracket schedule subject to change due to lower-than-expected turnout. Side events will be held if/when there is interest. Looking at you, Soul Calibur 2!
[/COLLAPSE]

MONEY LIKE JO-ANN HABRICS

Venue fee - $5
Singles - $10
Doubles - $10 per team / $5 per person
---
Prize Pool for doubles - 1st/2nd/3rd - 60%/30%/10%
Prize Pool for Singles bracket - 1st/2nd/3rd/4th/5th/5th - 48%/22%/14%/8%/4%
(Only if running a 16+ man bracket)

STAGE HABOLISHMENT

SINGLES
Neutrals​
|
Counterpicks​
Final Destination|Brinstar
Battlefield|Kongo Jungle 64
Yoshi's Story|Pokemon Stadium
Dreamland 64|Rainbow Cruise
Fountain of Dreams|
DOUBLES
Neutrals​
|
Counterpicks​
Final Destination|Rainbow Cruise
Battlefield|Brinstar
Yoshi's Story|Kongo Jungle 64
Dreamland 64|
Pokemon Stadium|

SWAGG4 RULESET

[COLLAPSE="Show/Hide"]1. 4 Stocks
2. 8 Minute Time Limit
3. Pause Is Turned On by Default
If a player requests pause off it will be turned off for that set.
If a player pauses, the person pausing will lose a stock if the opponent requests it.
If it is a teams match, both players on the pausing team will lose a stock if the opponent requests it.
4. Items set to “Off” and “None”
5. Wobbling / Blizzobbling is legal.
6. Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., Ice Climbers’ Freeze Glitch or Mewtwo’s Soul Stunner., etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.
7. The act of stalling is banned. Stalling is intentionally making the game unplayable, such as continuing infinite’s (wobbling/blizzobbling) past 300%, or reaching a position that your opponent can never reach you. Peach’s wall-bombing, or Jigglypuff’s rising pound can be used as long as it is not for the purpose of stalling for a period greater than 30 seconds. The same goes for any other similar tactics.
8. In the event of a match going to time, the winner will be determined in the following order:
More remaining stock.
Less percentage.
If the match ends with both players dying at the same time or if time ran out with both players at equal stock and percent, an identical rematch of the previous match will be played out. Same characters, and same stage.
9. Match sets in both pools and bracket are 2/3 games. Winners, Losers, and Grand Finals in singles and doubles are played 3/5 games.
10. Pools placement is determined first by game win percentage. In the event of a tie it then goes to set win percentage, then head to head matchup.
11. The TO reserves the right to over-ride or reinterpret any rule if absolutely necessary. Another TO must be present and agreeing at the ruling.

Set Procedure Advanced Slob Picks

1. Port Priority is determined. If it can not be agreed on you may rocks, paper, scissors for it.
2. Each Player/Team selects one controller port to use for each Player.
3. Each Player/Team selects one character for each Player. A double blind pick may be called by any player.
4. The first game is played on a Stage selected from the 5(five) Neutral Stage List by the Stage Striking Method. The order of stage striking will be 1-2-1. The player/team with higher port priority strikes first. (Player/Team 1 strikes one stage, followed by Player/Team 2 striking two stages, with Player/Team 1 then striking one of the two remaining stages).
5. The first match is played.
6. The Player/Team that won the previous match may announce one “Stage Ban” if they have not already done so in this set.
7. The Player/Team that lost the previous match announces the stage for the next match from either the Neutral Stage List or the Counterpick Stage List. Any Stage named as a “Stage Ban” by the either Player/Team may not be selected.
8. The Player/Team that won the previous match chooses their character(s).
9. The Player/Team that lost the previous match chooses their character(s).
10. The next match is played.
11. Repeat steps 6-11 for all proceeding matches until a winner is determined.
12. Modified Dave’s Stupid Rule: No player can counter pick the stage he or she last won on unless agreed upon by both players.

Doubles Modified Rules

1. Team Attack set to “On”
2. Life stealing is allowed.
3. In the event of a game going to time, the winner will be determined by which ever team has more remaining stock.
4. In the event of a game going to time and both teams have an equal amount of combined stocks, then whichever team has a lower combined percent is declared the winner. In the event of same stock equal combined percent, the match is replayed with the same stage and characters.

Conduct

1. BYOC (Bring your own controller): Players are expected to bring their own controller and be prepared for every tournament set.
2. Controller mods of ANY kind (short-hop mod, L-trigger mod, etc), except for cosmetic changes (paint job, different colored plastic), are banned. If you are caught using a banned controller you will be disqualified from the tournament with no refund.
3. Turbo or programmed buttons of any kind are banned. You may use third party controllers or pads that have these features, but if you are suspected of using the banned features you will not be allowed to use that controller any longer. Failure to comply can also result in disqualification.
4. You are responsible for your own equipment Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible, keep an eye on your equipment and always check to make sure you’re using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. Both parties need to agree if a match is to be restarted because of these problems.
5. Intentional forfeiting, match fixing, splitting, and any other forms of bracket manipulation are not allowed and punishable as seen fit by the tournament organizer.
6. No substitutions are allowed for singles or doubles.
7. Coaching is allowed only between games, not during. Failure to adhere to this will lead to punishment at the tournament organizer discretion, which could include the removal from the venue.
8. DQ Rule: Arriving too late for a match will result in a DQ. Player(s) will have 5 minutes to show up before a loss of the first game. 5 more minutes results in a loss of the match. For doubles, both players on a team need to be present in order to play.
9. The tournament organizer has the right to save/record any tournament match if possible and has the right to upload said match.
10. Disrupting your opponent physically or intending to disrupt their play (through something such as screaming in a player’s ear) will result in a warning. Repeated action will result in disqualification from the tournament and possibly ejection from the venue. Observers who physically disrupt players are to be dealt with as the Tournament Organiser sees fit. Disqualification is recommended if possible, and ejection from the venue is also a punishment.
11. Although a rarity in melee (regarding textures and other game hacks):
Players may request that any texture, stage, or other hacks be disabled during a tournament set. If this is unable to be done, they may switch to a different setup if available.
Players are not allowed to use any game altering hacks, such as model or physics modifications for tournament play.[/COLLAPSE]

NESS CIRCUIT SPECIFIC RULES

[COLLAPSE="Show/Hide"]The highest placing player from each qualifier event will be seeded into the MM Pro Bracket. If someone is the highest placer more than once the Pro Bracket seed goes to the next highest placing player. How you are seeded within the Pro bracket, either 1st, 2nd, 3rd, or 4th, will depend on your points accumulated through the circuit.

We will be running a round of elimination pools, followed by a prelim bracket. The top 4 from prelim will be seeded into Pro bracket as 5th, 6th, 7th, and 8th seeds.

Pro singles bracket finals are 4/7, and semi finals are 3/5. Those who tie in placement play a head to head to determine results (5th, and 7th place after the bracket.)

For pro bracket payout
1st: 45%
2nd: 22.5%
3rd: 12.5%
4th: 8%
5th: 5%
6th: 3%
7th: 2.5%
8th: 1.5%

Teams Payout
1st: 60
2nd: 30
3rd:10

Point system for singles and doubles at qualifiers
1st - 40
2nd - 30
3rd - 20
4th - 10
5/5th - 5
7/7th – 2
If a team is paired the same at two tournaments in the circuit, they receive 5 points each for each tournament they team after the first.[/COLLAPSE]

THE NEW ENGLAND SUMMER SMASH (NESS) Circuit Events:

H.M.U. (HAB ME UP)

E-mail: imfeelinghabulous@gmail.com
Phone: 203-228-1242 (PLEASE TEXT / NO CALLS!)
AIM: Soak A Toe A​

TEH NESS BANNARZ! SPAM SPAM SPAM

boomrested

Smash Journeyman
Possibly Larz, Mr. A, and myself coming to this. Return of Glastonbury!

Shadow Huan: Rematch?

:phone:

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
You had better be interested. You guys are like SWAGG staples.
we're what now? lol

i still have to decide whether or not i'm even going, at the very least gonzales will be there to take names and kick a** tho

Shadow Huan: Rematch?

if i make it to this you betcha we're gonna have a rematch. i'm banning brinstar tho :D

since you asked first i'm gonna assume you've been in the lab huh? :)

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
Alright cool sounds good.

You should ask in the NES Group on Facebook about a ride too.

In other news I'm also in need.

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
Remember that you should try to pick someone to team with consistently. You earn more seeding points if you team with someone multiple times!

S l o X

Smash Champion
as long as i can get a ride to each tournament then i'll be able to pay to go to each and every single one of the circuit events.

with that being said, which one of you guys want to team at every single one?

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Mafia can't come to this one so you all can catch a break...

AND DEAL WITH ME AND MOOSE INSTEAD

AWWW YEAAAAAAA

The Great Gonzales

Smash Ace
as long as i can get a ride to each tournament then i'll be able to pay to go to each and every single one of the circuit events.

with that being said, which one of you guys want to team at every single one?
i'll team with you, but im hoping you go to all the events cause im planning on showing up to all of them:cool:

S l o X

Smash Champion
I think since T. Webb isn't going I'm actually teaming with Swift.

People I want to money match: Moose, Matt. Anyone else who wants it just let me know. Oh yea, Banks too. Not satisfied with going 1-1. D:

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
sloxykins I want another piece of your falco. acceptedddd

also I still need a ride to this. ._.

Anyone know if Proskater is going?

Diesel

Smash Journeyman
Moose, you should team with me at the tournaments following this one since KevinM and Mafia are probably gonna go back to teaming. Just saying.

Also, I'm going IN at this tournament. Might not come back out.

boomrested

Smash Journeyman
I think since T. Webb isn't going I'm actually teaming with Swift.

People I want to money match: Moose, Matt. Anyone else who wants it just let me know. Oh yea, Banks too. Not satisfied with going 1-1. D:
I was unhappy with our set last time, I was really off my game. $1 MM against your falcon.

S l o X

Smash Champion
I was unhappy with our set last time, I was really off my game. $1 MM against your falcon.

Sure just remind me, although I haven't been playing Falcon as of late. (STILL GONNA TAP DAT ***) If you want to MM any of my other characters, let me know. (that goes for everyone)

Top Bottom