• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Habits to keep things fresh?

Drigonaut

Smash Apprentice
Falcon mains where you at?! I'm wanting to add variety to my gameplay since it's starting to feel a little repetitive. maybe any cool tricks or something that you like to do to style while playing? Or favorite combos etc?

I personally like to moonwalk for a lot of my movements and started using yes knees a lot. I'm also going to try and work in using footstools also just because.

-Fatality-

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FatalityFalcon
3DS FC
3695-0049-3723
Don't work in Footstools just because, use them because they're an EXTREMELY powerful too for Falcon when used correctly. Footstool is easily the most underused technique in the game, and it adds an entirely new dimension to Falcon as a character.

Drigonaut

Smash Apprentice
I'm still unsure of when to use it. I feel like there's not enough hitstun to consistently footstool offstage. But maybe as a tech timing mixup when doing a stomp combo?

-Fatality-

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FatalityFalcon
3DS FC
3695-0049-3723
I'm still unsure of when to use it. I feel like there's not enough hitstun to consistently footstool offstage. But maybe as a tech timing mixup when doing a stomp combo?
It's a solid tech timing mixup, it can be combined with Falcon Kick to attack someone through their shield in midair, it can be used to continue aerial combos where there isn't enough hitstun for an attack (since footstool is frame 1) by FF'ing with a stomp, it can't be meteor canceled, you can use it offstage and fastfall chase them with stomp for an extremely powerful gimp setup, you can use it under platforms during a combo by footstooling them, wavelanding onto the platform, and then isai drop first hit nair when they hit the ground into grab, you can Up-Throw U-Air, and while above them, footstool FF into stomp, it can also be used for gimping people at levels too low for stomp to be a safe option. There are plenty of other ways you can potentially use it, go experiment!

Drigonaut

Smash Apprentice
i'll have to work it in slowly lol cuz i can't seem to get it to work when i want to

-Fatality-

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FatalityFalcon
3DS FC
3695-0049-3723
i'll have to work it in slowly lol cuz i can't seem to get it to work when i want to
Practice makes perfect. Besides, it's such a weird technique as a whole, that it usually takes a long time before someone can comfortably implement it into their game with ANY character, much less Falcon. I remember when I first experimenting with it for Falcon, I thought it was mostly useless. Now I use it on a very regular basis, almost every game, sometimes several times in one game.

Top Bottom