• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Habits

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
I started watching darkrain matchs(****) and I started to see a pattern. Simple things like diing when d-throw he would read that and use it later like when he d-throws and elbows them before he really knows for a fact whci way they di. There is no risk because they tend to di that way and they always tech so even if he misses what ever.

He uses people habits agaist them is many cases I saw a few matches where he ran away they cahsed after him and he SHed in place and did a bair and they ran staigh in to it.simple tech patterns and di during d-throw cost people stocks.

So this is why I am going to stop having habits other than any that we all need like recovering, di away(right) from fox during up-throw and and sdi left, L-cancels and JC grabs(please tell me if there are any others I should know that NEVER are bad).

I know this sound unreal for anyone but I am a person who rarly has habits in even real life I have randomly dropped habits i've done for years like how I hold my bookbag or bushing my teech no cause I just changed a part of my lofe no one ever looks at.

Inputs please.

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
Easiest way to be random is to just dash dance the control stick in the air and just stop everything and tech right when you hit the ground.

Best way to be unpredictable is to not know where your going to go yourself.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
Yeah that's what i'm saying I truely have no idea I look to stop habits like I just did this amazing falcon combo up-air bair dair to their death.

But is that wise is destroy ALL habits but for these recovering, di away(right) from fox during up-throw and and sdi left, L-cancels and JC grabs. other wise I wouldn't dd in a pattern and I will add in wds at random sometimes a lot or very little and etc.

Sometimes the smartest thing is not to do the smartest thing. Pardox?

NadaisaGod

Smash Apprentice
I have a subtle tendency to prefer left-to-right motion more than right-to-left play. I also prefer my ledgeplay very, very slightly on the right ledge over the left ledge.

Random Nada habit of the day.

Vro

Smash Lord
I like the right edge more, as well.

@Arc: Forward taught the same thing, to randomly tech. He spun the control stick around. Most players' DI to tech direction have good correlation, whether it's same DI, same tech or opposites, etc.

Be like water.

Nø Ca$h

Smash Champion
i have a theory on how ppl do good with low tiers. its like they test multiple habits at a time. like a roy can fthrow u and find out how u react to dtilt, ur tech patterns, how u di out of combos, how u escape shield pressure ect.

and irl i try to have GOOD habits rather than no habits, personally.
i.e. i dont eat a lot, even on thanksgiving\xmas. because the next day i might not have the opportunity to eat much. so it would mess with my metabolism if i have a feast.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
random techs/di seem smart people who use yomi lose some of their power. Also tell me more about multiple habits at a time.

I won't di, tech, approach,, dd or play the same throughout the match.

keeper

Smash Champion
Breaking the mold is cool.

I noticed a habit of yours, it's putting the ":D" face on every topic you make. I'll use that against you if I ever play you.

Tech chase all day. Some people like to maintain the center of the stage, so they're more inclined to roll towards the center. A lot of people on their first tech in a sequence tend to tech in place.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
well you always use only 2 E's in tech chase and I never say anything agaist do I? but yeah the tech chase thing is why marth's b-throw to edge works. It's more of throwing away the mold.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
I do all my tech skill on the left when I am trying mostly because of the placement of the other person on battlefield.

No for someone to be remarkablely good with a lower teir I would think they would have to do something different like use every little tool and form new ideas/techs and etc. or they would have to go a new way. Like I play fairly different over all and I wanted to have a number or different ways to play as one person to be hard to figure out and so I know what works best vs them but no habits(other than a few flawless habits) and just to let them mold me in the match if they are puff and they space bairs I just won't play their game I don't want run into the bairs so I will just hit them every now and then just avoiding The WAll.

Phoenix~Lament

Smash Ace
Just a little thing to correct you

Against Fox's uthrow, it's not really right and then left all the time. It's better to first DI behind them, and then SDI the other way against the uair.

However, if they catch on they can try to bair or nair you since it has greater horizontal reach. So in reality you can't escape the DI-chase game..

Top Bottom