• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hahaha, Fox's shine >>> MK's tornado.

KheldarVII

Smash Ace
NNID
redKheld
Are you referring to the actual shine hit frame to hurt MK in the tornado or the rise you get with it after shining in pratfall?

_X_

Smash Lord
... YOU PEOPLE NEED TO STOP MAKING THREADS ABOUT THINGS THAT ARE WRONG.

/thread

PS. I'm pretty sure it doesn't come out on the first frame anymore (the shine), it's Fox's second fastest move equal with his utilt.

Duo55

Smash Ace
I'm pretty sure he talking about the lift you recive from the shine, and hes right. Sometimes you can rise out of the nado with a shine, but only if your near the very top of the nado with higher % (60- 100s) Your not trying to hit mk with the shine, just use the rise as an escape. On the occasion that it works, you can usally slam mk with a dair combo if his player is too stupid to move away after you recover, or you get out torwards the end of the attack. Sorry bro, I already knew this, but I guess nobody else did. Make no mistake though, its very cercumstantial, and comes about mainly from crappy nado placement on mks part. Its no where near an everytime thing, but what do you got better to do while getting eatin up by a nado?

Shy Guy 86

Smash Ace
Wasn't Falco's old shine the fastest move?

I must test it out, but I'm sure that when you get hit by the tornado, the other hits of the tornado come before the shine does

Duo55

Smash Ace
It wont work, falco falls when he uses the shine, the only reason fox can use the shine to get out SOMETIME, if he happens to be at the top of the nado, is because he rises.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
So what everyone is saying is that I can rapidly try to shine out of the tornado on occasion, but it's not a sure thing?

Duo55

Smash Ace
So what everyone is saying is that I can rapidly try to shine out of the tornado on occasion, but it's not a sure thing?
Yes, but it so cercumstantial (ie, gotta have the right amount of damage, gotta be at the top of the nado) you shouldn't take it into acount when chosing fox vs MK, but it does work sometimes, and 75% of the time you can get a freebie dair combo out of the deal. I find its easier to do online, because mk players ability to control the nado goes down, and they have a harder time keeping it directly on top of you.

Top Bottom