• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Half-Life 2 (Including the Orange Box) Mystery Portal Update!

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
Ah. Well I'd rather know then still be hoping for 08, so thanks.

Gerudo Warrior

Smash Master
the 360 and ps3 updates cost money. You have to pay for the weapon packs, valve was going to give them for free then microsoft and sony made them pay. So blame Microshaft and Valve (who can do no wrong)

RedPeppers

Smash Ace
I just recently bought a 360, ToB was my first game, and I can't stop playing TF2! Anyways, anyone got any tips/strats for me? I've put in around 20 hours, and I'm starting to improve my game. My best point run is 24 with the Soldier; Attack/Defend on Dustbowl, Ubercharged twice with a good Medic, captured both control points, and got 13 Kills. Help Appreciated!

Oh, and how awesome is the dialogue the game? "EVERYONE I AM ON FIRE!!!"

Red Exodus

Smash Master
The best general advice I can give you is learn to spy check well, your medics and Engies will love you for it. Look out for anyone jumping/standing/getting stuck on your engies' buildings other than the buildings' owner, all teammates can pass through each other, spies in disguise cannot so if a teammate blocks your movement it's a spy in disguise.

Leave health for medics if there is one nearby, if the medic takes damage he'll have health packs to use and he'll still be able to heal you.

Leave teleporters for slower classes like Soldiers and Heavies and you should let engies use their own teles first since they need to keep their buildings alive. Never take a teleporter as a Scout, Scouts are fast enough to go without teles.

Sensai

Smash Master
General strats for TF2...hm...play Pyro or Soldier. Demo if you're feeling like you wanna occasionally die. :-D

I dunno. I think the best advice I can give you would be to know when you're going to die. Judge the situation as best as you can and then, if you're going to die or think you might die, back up. There's no shame in retreating (or, advancing backwards as I've heard some people say, haha).

It also helps to be paranoid, especially if you're playing a slower class. You should definitely attempt to run through every single teammate you can (if you can't run through your teammate, they're a spy). If you're a Pyro, there's absolutely no reason to NOT be burning everyone/everywhere you see.

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
Building on what Sensai said, your % chance of a crit goes up the longer you stay alive, so yes, make sure you back out before you die rather than just respawning. If you get a soldier going for a good 4 or 5 minutes, you'll really notice the difference in crits. Medics too.

RedPeppers

Smash Ace
Thanks for tips. I actually play as more of a "team" player than anything else. I'll do suicide runs to break up enemy advances and, let the rest of my team clean up my work. Basically if I die, I'm doing something important for the team. I never selfishly keep myself alive if I can complete the objectives by dying. I end up playing Engineer, and Spy alot because they are just crucial team classes, and honestly alot of people really really suck at the Spy. Got anything else for me? Also, What do you guys think of "Skywalking"? I think it's pretty lame. I also hate it when people try and set up ridiculous spawn camps.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I think it's a glitch on the console versions that lets you walk on the sky or something.

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
Yeah, engies build teleporters to the sky somehow. It's beatable, but it's super gay.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
New TF2 update:

# The Engineer's teleporters can now be upgraded to level three. It will recharge faster the higher level it is
# The Engineer's dispensers can now be upgraded to level three. It will give out metal and heal faster as it is upgraded
# Spies will be able to recharge their cloaking ability by picking up ammo off of the ground or from health cabinets
# Some changes to the second part of the first stage of Goldrush to give the attackers more of an advantage
# Any weapons that fire bullets (shotguns, sniper's machine gun, heavy's minigun, etc.) can now break apart the Demoman's stickybombs
# The icon on the HUD for a person calling for Medic will now give more information to the medic (if the target is low on health, on fire, etc.)
# Added an achievement tracker that will allow people to choose specific achievements that they are trying to get
# There is now a custom icon for death messages when the player was killed from a critical hit
# Added a new particle effect for when a player enters the water
# Added smoke to the feet of a rocket jumping soldier
# Players will now have some particles swirling around them so other players can see when they are overhealed

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
# Any weapons that fire bullets (shotguns, sniper's machine gun, heavy's minigun, etc.) can now break apart the Demoman's stickybombs

# Spies will be able to recharge their cloaking ability by picking up ammo off of the ground or from health cabinets

I'm a fan of both these updates. Too bad I'll never get them on my box and my pc sucks.

Sensai

Smash Master
Actually, GAW, something else they stated on the official TF2 blog was that they were planning a massive (their word, not mine) update for the 360 which will include basically everything that the PC version has got thus far.

Basically everything is also their wording too, so...jeah.

kigbariom

Smash Lord
Anyone participate in the Aperture Science virtual reality thing? It has been closed for a long time but it was cool.

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
Actually, GAW, something else they stated on the official TF2 blog was that they were planning a massive (their word, not mine) update for the 360 which will include basically everything that the PC version has got thus far.

Basically everything is also their wording too, so...jeah.
Really? That's awesome. Only thing is I would really hate for it to go unnoticed by 360 owners. The TF2 community is so small that I've probably played w/ the same people multiple times w/o invites or anything.

All I know is I would really, really appreciate that update. Sometimes getting chainsawed for the 50th time in GOW2 makes you really just want to sit back and enjoy a more carefree game like TF2.

I'd pay 15 bucks for everything the PC version has gotten. Maybe even 20.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Just letting you guys know TF2 is 50% off this weekend on Steam, that's $9.99. I'd still go for OB or the Valve Pack over it though.

Sensai

Smash Master
Just letting you guys know TF2 is 50% off this weekend on Steam, that's $9.99. I'd still go for OB or the Valve Pack over it though.
Repeating this again for emphasis.

It's TEN FRACKIN' DOLLARS. If you have a computer that can run this game, I'd highly suggest paying for it if you haven't done so already.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Flipped back to see if this had been posted or not, and it hasn't. So, aside from this picture I posted ages back, I ran into this one today. I'd say that's a bit of a spoiler for episode 3, so be warned!
I'd also say 'uh oh'

http://www.gamesradar.com/images/mb/GamesRadar/us/Games/H/Half-Life%202%20Episode%203/Everything%20Else/Concept%20Art%200710/2008-07-10/~$GUS.Feature.HL2E3%20Concept%20Art.2--screenshot.jpg

Also this one, blueprints of the ship. Probably not spoilers, but you never know, especially with a certain name on the bottom center.
http://xs220.xs.to/xs220/07414/borealis_plans_01.jpg

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
So, what ever happened to those 360 TF2 updates? Are they going to wait until every class has an update on the PC?

Red Exodus

Smash Master
One part of me wants Spy to get updated next so people would stop making up Spy conspiracies but the other part of me wants Spy to get updated last so I can laugh at every conspiracy theory that comes up.

I'm more curious about the Engineer update myself.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Engineer update confirmed for 2012!

The only classes I don't play are Sniper and Medic so almost any update would be good to me.

Black Waltz

Smash Champion
I got 22 scout achievements but haven't unlocked the Bonk! energy drink. What the....

EDIT: jk i got it now.

Top Bottom