• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Half-Life 2 (Including the Orange Box) Mystery Portal Update!

StinkomanFan

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2724-2849-3244
Alright, thanks for the response.

Another question : How do you uber 2 people at once?
This can be done easily before the match has even begun. Simply fill your ÜberCharge meter during the setup period, activate it and switch rapidly between two targets as you are waiting in the spawn area. If possible, ask your targets if they can stand still next to one another in front of you. If it doesn't work, try again, but wait a second or two on the first target, then start switching rapidly.

Superstar

Smash Champion
It's a feature of the ubercharge. If you uber someone and then let go, that person will keep the uber for another 2 seconds after you let you. It's very useful for stuff, if a Soldier claims he'll jump on ahead, uber him first. He'll have 2 seconds of alone uber time or something.

Sensai

Smash Master
I talk a lot over my mic, but I don't think I'm aggravating. I play on a server (the OCR server for those who play with me occasionally) and I feel like they'd tell me if I were.

I used to point out stupid people over the mic, but I've since stopped. I mean, I'll kill spies and tell them to stop using the Cloak and Dagger or laugh at a Pyro who brought the Backburner out...but I don't think I'm terribly mean. The only time I'm mean is when someone ELSE is being mean. In your example, F8AL, I woulda been one of those guys who told the kid to be quiet 'cause you were kicking his ***.

[Tangent: Earlier tonight I joined the OCR server and I was the only regular there, excluding Fellner. Fellner said something like 'Very convincing, Spy' to somebody on my team and then, shortly after, we won. Spy said something like 'haha whos laughing now *****.' I just don't understand people's logic, considering Fellner had two and a half times more points than him and the Spy didn't do a **** thing to help us win.]
Course, some things make me lol:
- Classic W+M1 Pyro. A few I die because I'm wondering whether to beware of airblast or not. Usually there was no need.
This is not funny. People that play Pyro like this should have their mental health checked. Same with Cloak and Dagger spies who literally just sit around on the last point and wait for their team to capture the others. DON'T YOU WANT TO CONTRIBUTE!?

I mean, Pyro isn't a hard class...but I like to think I'm really far and away better at it then most people. Pyros that W+M1 or use the Backburner give Pyros a bad name. If half of the people that play Pyro would realize that the Axtinguisher is broken, Valve would fix Pyros to make them at least a LITTLE not broken.

*I say all this coming from a pure pub standpoint, as my playtime in competitive TF2 is limited.*

Black Waltz

Smash Champion
This is not funny. People that play Pyro like this should have their mental health checked. Same with Cloak and Dagger spies who literally just sit around on the last point and wait for their team to capture the others. DON'T YOU WANT TO CONTRIBUTE!?
I C&D camped on the last point on dustbowl yesterday (don't get me wrong, I usually don't) only because my team was amazing.

I mean, Pyro isn't a hard class
KAMIKAZE WOULD DISAGREE, SENSAI.

...but I like to think I'm really far and away better at it then most people. Pyros that W+M1 or use the Backburner give Pyros a bad name.
Don't worry Sensai, you are probably one of the best pyros I've seen before. Now you're one of the best heavies when we uber/kritz you, lol.
And I don't really understand why EdgeCrusher always uses the Backburner regardless of everyone's protests.

If half of the people that play Pyro would realize that the Axtinguisher is broken, Valve would fix Pyros to make them at least a LITTLE not broken.

*I say all this coming from a pure pub standpoint, as my playtime in competitive TF2 is limited.*
Flame -> Compression blast onto wall -> Axtinguish -> ???? -> Profit

Superstar

Smash Champion
How about W+M1 pyros that run into you and a huge group of people upon seeing you? When that happens I decide not to worry about airblast and just shoot in front of him. XD

I'm better than 95% of Pyros, I'm sure of it, and I only have 30 minutes in the class.

Sometimes I see a combination of these two:
- Classic W+M1 Pyro. A few I die because I'm wondering whether to beware of airblast or not. Usually there was no need.
- People who fight while standing still. This includes a Scout using Scattergun from across the map without moving.
I was on Granary, and the teams were heavily stacked against my favor [not because the other team was good, almost any encounter I won, but because my team was BAAAAAD]. On the last point, I was the only one defending, and a pyro/Medic went to it. I started fighting them, killing the Medic, and the Pyro was literally under the bridge of the last point, holding M1, pouring fire onto the point, without going for me. I died to afterburn [I have only a 4 clip rocket and my aim isn't quite perfect yet =/], and the Pyro capped the point, still holding M1.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I C&D camped on the last point on dustbowl yesterday (don't get me wrong, I usually don't) only because my team was amazing.
That's different, there are some maps where C&D capping won't really help, like Arena. It's really annoying when you see your entire team is dead apart from one spy crouching in a corner with the C&D. Normally C&D spies are always the last to die in arena and sometimes you'll notice it's the same person unless the teams get swapped.

Sensai

Smash Master
But this is different. If your team doesn't need you or is just really awesome, by all means, C/D to your heart's content. It's other times that I just wonder if people like playing the game or just having a slightly interactive screensaver.
KAMIKAZE WOULD DISAGREE, SENSAI.
She got quite a laugh when I sent her a link to you saying that.
Now you're one of the best heavies when we uber/kritz you, lol.
Man, I dunno what it is, but I have REALLY started to like Heavy. I think I've played Heavy exclusively for the better part of a week now and it really doesn't really like I'm about to stop. They're just so fun to play! (Plus, it's nice being at the top of the 'who do I heal in a fire fight' list for Medics.)
Flame -> Compression blast onto wall -> Axtinguish -> ???? -> Profit
As soon as Pyros realize this, Valve will nerf the Axtinguisher.

Black Waltz

Smash Champion
Lol, I referenced Kami because we were playing on Badwater two days ago and someone (I think it was Wish...but I'm not sure) said Pyro was "easy mode". Kami was not happy with that comment.

Superstar

Smash Champion
Soldiers are the ACTUAL top for good Medics. Right near the Heavy. Heavy is buffed so hard with a Medic but a good Soldier is a better Medic protector vs anything that isn't a Heavy.

I really hate vsing Heavies in small games though. Heavies pretty much shred through everything sans Snipers and focus fire. That and how they're easy mode [not as easy as the Pyro, but once you can track you're set]. If they were fast they'd be broken, that's the reason why Heavies aren't used in comp play that often. In comp play Medics are the slowest member, if that gives any indication.

It takes 4 rockets to down a Heavy, but with a Medic, you have to be a "Spy" Soldier or have a Soldier buddy. Or be perfect with the Scout so you can kill the Medic before the Heavy kills you. I remember me playing plr_pipeline recently, 3 on 3. Their Heavy/Medic was owning us, I had to play Demoman to turn stuff around.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Is today my lucky day or what? I've found so many items! I've found : Jarate, The Huntsman, The Kritz, Bonk! Atomic Punch!

I also found out (to my dismay) that the Kritz doesn't make you and the person invincible! I was like "wtf why i die?" (then i switched back to the original medi gun) and what does the Atomic Punch do? (or whatever its called)

Sensai

Smash Master
Bonk is a replacement 'weapon' for the Scout's pistol. All it does is make him invulnerable for a few seconds (I think it's 5) and then slows him down for a few seconds after it wears off.

Most people'll tell you to stick with the pistol. If you're at all serious about the Scout, you absolutely should. But my Scout is always trolling, so I have Bonk out at all times.

kr3wman

Smash Master
What servers do you guys play on?

Is there one server for the smashboards people?

:X

Superstar

Smash Champion
In some situations, like Gravelpit and Chokepoints, the Bonk is actually a very good "weapon" if you can aim perfectly with the Scattergun [I sometimes have to fall back on Pistol duelingScouts sometimes]. Not in pubs though.

If Kritz made you invincible that'd be broken. Invincible Crits that charge 25% faster. Really? Kritz has uses over uber though, especially taking out heavier classes. If Heavies are giving you problems, Kritz will take care of them if you can find a Soldier/Scout [Kritz Scout that can aim and has Scattergun is <3].

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Man some people take this game way too seriously. Like this morning, I was playing CP on Granary (my favorite gametype and map/level) and we were beating the other team 10-0 and then some people on the other team started saying racist remarks and swearing at us. They also said something about "M + W1 Pyro in Pubs are cheap" (or something to that extent) because half of them were spies and I was spy checking my teammates and almost everytime it would be an enemy spy. Then someone called me an effing d-bag because I kept on massacring their team as a pyro.

Some of them also rage quit too.

kr3wman

Smash Master
lolpubs.

I mean, even if you have a bigass sign on the bottom of your screen that tells you what going on most people on pubs don't notice it and do whatever.

Sensai

Smash Master
See....pubs are pretty aggravating because most people on the internet are *******s. The PC community's better than the LIVE community, and I _still_ hate most people online.

That's why me and Black Waltz play on the OCR Server. It's not serious business (alltalk, there are still crits on [SIGH], etc), so you don't have *******s who rage all day about having a '****ty team.' If the teams are bad, we scramble 'em.

Anyways, I digress. It's a pub with competent people. It's a nice feeling. I think I've been playing there nearly exclusively for a year or so.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
See....pubs are pretty aggravating because most people on the internet are *******s. The PC community's better than the LIVE community, and I _still_ hate most people online.

That's why me and Black Waltz play on the OCR Server. It's not serious business (alltalk, there are still crits on [SIGH], etc), so you don't have *******s who rage all day about having a '****ty team.' If the teams are bad, we scramble 'em.

Anyways, I digress. It's a pub with competent people. It's a nice feeling. I think I've been playing there nearly exclusively for a year or so.
I don't see how the PC community is "better" than the LIVE community. It's basically the same thing but PC gaming is free (most of the time).

Black Waltz

Smash Champion
I don't see how the PC community is "better" than the LIVE community. It's basically the same thing but PC gaming is free (most of the time).
Because most people on Live are 12 year old Halo tards.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Because most people on Live are 12 year old Halo tards.
That's why I'm in an Xbox LIVE party with my friends most of the time so I don't have to hear other people swear and act racist. I really hate 12 year old kids...please stop playing M rated games...

and they like to have names like XxH34dSh0tz420xX
Or "OmG iTz MlG 4sh07 pr0".

Superstar

Smash Champion
I'm part of a competitive team now. SCREW pubs. I play a bit but it feels good not to have to rely on it. Scrims are the best.

OCR server looks more competent than most. Not in there often, but when I'm there the atmosphere is nice.

Why people decide to bash others in a PUBLIC game I don't know. Or even more, try to force people to play another class. It's not a competitive match, it will never be a competitive match, stop treating it like one.

Sensai

Smash Master
It's not a match, but it's still competitive. I don't like losing, generally, so if I see we have 4 spies on our team, I'm likely going to say something. Simply 'cause it's not a scrim doesn't mean it isn't competitive.

That being said, theme teams are great.

Black Waltz

Smash Champion
It's not a match, but it's still competitive. I don't like losing, generally, so if I see we have 4 spies on our team, I'm likely going to say something. Simply 'cause it's not a scrim doesn't mean it isn't competitive.

All heavy teams are great. /gg

Superstar

Smash Champion

You could say something, but they have no obligation to switch because it isn't a competitive match.

You could try taking it competitively, but whenever I see someone take the game too seriously as if they were played truely competitively I chuckle a bit inside.

There was one person I know who always changed their class to the one that most benefited the team if other people ask for it. He wanted to improve his Spy though, and no one wants spy. I told him to forget what other people think in pubs, because it doesn't matter, both the game and the what the people want. Just play what he thinks is fun even if it makes his team worse.

Sporkman

Smash Ace
The only thing I'll complain about in pubs is the overall team balance. Rushes I don't mind, but when half your team is either a sniper or a spy it can be quite frustrating. Especially if I'm the medic with my flash, it's-so-cash Kritzkreig and there are no Soldiers OR Demomen on the team. For some reason a lot of people in pubs think the only way round sentry nests is with the spy. Yes, I understand it's a pub and I agree that people should play what they want but, as I once said to the previous point, "you wouldn't like it if your girlfriend only did missionary, all I'm asking is that some people branch out".

As for crits, I don't care. It's frustrating when it ****s with my backstab animation (although backstabbing someone with the non crit animation is sweet), but on the whole with crits on, yes it's infuriating when a crit kills you (especially if you had the upperhand) but it's also awesome when it goes in your favour.

This OCR server, east or west coast?

Sensai

Smash Master
Um...I think it's East coast. But I'm sure people from overseas played there with a ping of sub 200 before. One guy I know from Austria gets about ~140 there.

Superstar

Smash Champion
It was awesome.

Also, during Ammomod I got the Mining Hat. My Karma sucks. Why does it suck?

- Midscrim, our Demoman got the Afro
- One or 2 days later, a Soldier I knew got the Soldier's Stash
- The next day, someone I knew got the Medic Hat. I joke raged about this to someone, said that when I get a hat, it'll be the mining hat.
- The next day, I get the mining hat XD

Similar to that time, when the random drop system came out, I got nothing sans Dead Ringer, then on the day I had an ENORMOUS stream of good luck and got the 4 items I wanted, the reinstatement of milestone updates came. XD

Shame Mining Hat isn't in demand. Once they decide to do the trading system, I might have to chain trade in order to get the Stash or Batter's Helmet.

Black Waltz

Smash Champion
I. Hate. Pubs. (except for OCR, since it's mostly clan people)

Just got off one where BLU's highest scorer had 28 points and RED's lowest scorer had 33. I tried to votescramble since it took exactly 41 seconds for us (BLU) to lose Dustbowl 1 and 34 seconds for us to lose Dustbowl 2.

That server's voting system is ****ed up anyways since they broadcast everyone's votes; so everyone who voted 'for' votescrambled was subsequently flamed off the server. BLU also refused to have any other classes besides spy and scout.

Sensai

Smash Master
Jeah...I went to some 32 person pub yesterday with friends (OCR was full, couldn't get 4 peope in) and....started to really appreciate how much I like OCR.

I mean, I know pubs are bad. It's not like I play in OCR and start to think 'oh, sure, lemme just go outside for a bit, I'm sure it's okay.' I KNOW they're bad, always.

...it just kinda surprises me HOW bad. I climbed to the top of the scoreboard as a Sniper and, really, I'mma be honest: I blow as a Sniper.

Black Waltz

Smash Champion
TF2 Update today:

Team Fortress 2, Episode 1 & 2, and Portal

Added support for the Novint Falcon

General

Added an option to the advanced multiplayer menu to select left or right handed view models

Fixed a bug where a spectator's wearable items could be seen floating around the player they were spectating

Fixed a bug where a fake Spy hand would appear on the screen of other players

Custom death animations now only play 25% of the time

Fixed teleporters not being build-able in some places where they should be (such as within the pit at the end of Badwater Basin)

Fixed rare client crash on connection and level change

Removed refract from water ripples caused by bullet impacts for performance reasons

Added log entries for player extinguished events using the medigun, jarate, flamethrower and dispenser

Started tracking localization settings to help make decisions regarding localization in the future

Fixed the blank progress bar in the upper-left of the screen when the client scheme is reloaded

Mapmaker requests

Added spawn flag to func_respawnroomvisualizer that allows it be non-solid to players

Added SetSolid input to func_respawnroomvisualizer to change solidity to players dynamically

Added OnWonByTeam1 and OnWonByTeam2 outputs to the TFGamerulesProxy

Sniper

Fixed a bad detection case in the "Friendship is Golden" achievement

Changed the description of the "Triple Prey" achievement so it better describes how to get it

Critical arrows now have a trail and correctly deal enhanced damage

The Huntsman now defaults to be right handed

Friendly arrows will no longer trigger the near miss sound on you

Fixed several sources of floating arrows

Spy

Fixed disguised Spies occasionally looking like they have invulnerability, instead of the correct fake Spy mask

Disguised spies will no longer lose their disguise weapon when they interact with a weapon locker

Fixed a bug where the spy's watch would randomly change models during play

Fixed uncloaked spies flickering in and out of the cloak effect when taking damage

The Cloak and Dagger now always regenerates at its intended rate. Previously it only regenerated at the correct rate when the spy was cloaked

Increased the Cloak and Dagger regeneration rate slightly

Capped the rate of energy loss from moving faster than run speed (falling / air toss) while cloaked with the Cloak and Dagger

The Dead Ringer's cloak consume rate has been slightly reduced, giving about an extra second of cloak time on a full meter

Emerging from the Dead Ringer's cloak now drains up to 40% of the cloak meter instead of 100%. This drain only happens if the meter is at least 60% full

The Dead Ringer's cloak meter can now be regenerated from ammo sources

The Ambassador now only crits when fully accurate and no longer penetrates enemies

The Spy can no longer change weapons from the knife while shocked by the Razorback

Force-A-Nature & Flamethrower air blast knockback effects no longer work on disguised spies

Fixed disguised Spies showing the wrong teleporter effects when using an enemy teleporter

Top Bottom