• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Halloween Party Mafia ~ Over! Who drowned bobbing for apples? Who won Best Costume?

Tandora

Smash Rookie
Also, how can you like JTB's most recent post. All of that is stuff we already know. He's just summarizing it in one post, also he's basically confirming that there is a roleblocker if he's town.
Because he's actually saying stuff unlike other slapnuts.

Tandora

Smash Rookie
Well, looks like another NL. Thanks to all those numbnuts who couldn't post. Since deadline is at noon it is very unlikely I'll be on again before then. Not sure if I voted, but if I haven't....

VOTE GOVA

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
What's your reasoning for voting Tandora?

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
Votecount 7-2

5/8 to lynch.

Tandora [3]: July, Asdioh, X1-12
Gova [1]: Tandora

Not voting: Gova, JTB, Vult Redux, Shadow Moth

------------------------------------------------------------

[collapse=Vote Log] X1-12 > Tandora
Gova
JTB
July > Tandora
Vult Redux
Asdioh > Tandora
Shadow Moth
Tandora > Gova
[/collapse]

Deadline is October 13th at 12 p.m. Eastern.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Ugh, I do want to see what Tandora flips, but I fell asleep after getting home from work yesterday and lost my chance to read to see if she's really scum.

People should take this lynch more seriously and explain their votes (except july) in the next hour since it is mylo after all >_>

#HBC | Nabe

Votecount 7-3

5/8 to lynch.

Tandora [5]: July, Asdioh, X1-12, Gova, JTB
Gova [1]: Tandora

Not voting: Vult Redux, Shadow Moth

------------------------------------------------------------

[collapse=Vote Log] X1-12 > Tandora
Gova
JTB
July > Tandora
Vult Redux
Asdioh > Tandora
Shadow Moth
Tandora > Gova
[/collapse]

A lynch has been reached!

#HBC | Nabe

Night 7!

Tandora was backed into a corner. "Get back, you bloody wizards! You think you're so tough. I'll hang you all from the ceiling by your thumbs!"

They tossed her out the window. And then they ate her cat.

Tandora was dressed as Cohen the Barbarian, as seen in The Colour of Magic (2008). She was really Argus Filch, Mafia Creepy Janitor.​

Shortly after, someone unearthed his cache of hidden corpses (behind a painting of Merlin).
  • Red Ryu was dressed as Albus Dumbledore, as seen in Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (2001). He was really Tonks, Town Metamorphmagus.
  • asianaussie was dressed as Nanny McPhee, as seen in Nanny McPhee (2005). He was really Sybill Trelawney, Town Grim Voyeur-Prophet.

Night 7 starts now, and ends October 15th at 6 pm EST.

#HBC | Nabe

Day 8!

Dude looks dead. Like, really dead.

Gova was dressed as Arthur Sherlock Holmes, as seen in The Strange Case of the End of Civilization As We Know It (1977).
He was actually Nearly Headless Nick, Town Ghostly Tracker.​

Day 8 starts now. Deadline is October 23rd at 1600 EST.
With 6 players remaining, it's 4 votes to lynch.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
July obv town

Not going to clear asdioh and x1 but I do feel better about them with a tandora scum flip

:phone:

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Also, tandora was definitely scum from the start, so our yakuza target is still out there

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Spoke too soon when I said I feel better abot X1.

X1-12

Smash Champion
Herpaderp claimed protective has been outed for 2 days and is still around? Yet she's auto-town? What cause she pushed Tandora? In 5 man LYLO or similar the scum don't even have to survive that Day, all they have to do is not appear connected to their buddy.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Because what you are delving into is literally WIFOM.

Prove to me that July was bussing Tandora then, otherwise I'm going to look elsewhere.

X1-12

Smash Champion
I suggested that its possible that July is scum. You call it WIFOM but I would say its smarter than just flat out assuming that she's town

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Swiss - Dumbledore, Town Leader of the Light
X1-12 - Rufus Sc-something
Gova - Nearly Headless Nick, BP tracker
JTB - Horace Slughorn, town Potions Backup
Circus - Severus Snape, Potions Master
Gheb_01 - Madam Pomfrey, Town Nurse
Red Ryu - ???
July - Minerva McGonagall, Town Transfiguration Jailer
Erupting Burning RYKERRR!!! - Quirinus Quirrell, Mafia Horcrux-Yakuza
Dark Horse - Igor Karkaroff, Town Miller
Vult Redux -
Sworddancer - Dolores Umbridge, Independent Ministry Register
Ran/Asdioh - Prof. Flitwick, Town Backup
Asdioh - Rita Skeeter, Town Yellow Journalist
asianaussie - ???
Shadow Moth - Remus Lupin, Town Mason
SangfroidWarrior - Sirius Black, Town Maurder-Mason
Tandora - Tonks, Town Metamorphmagus

for reference
wait this isn't helping me at all.

disregard my JTB scum question, is Vult scum?

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
X1, let's assume that July is town for now. Give me some thoughts on why scum would choose to kill Sang, a mason, over a jailor.

I only assume Gova was left alive since he was coming off as scummy and Tandora thought she could get him mislynched, then killed him last Night since he was pretty much cleared on a scumTandora flip.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Well actually, question is open to anyone that isn't July (I see you viewing :p). I would specifically like to hear from Vult and Shadow Moth, but others may weigh in their opinions.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Swiss - Dumbledore, Town Leader of the Light
Gova - Nearly Headless Nick, BP tracker
Circus - Severus Snape, Potions Master
Gheb_01 - Madam Pomfrey, Town Nurse
Red Ryu - Tonks, Town Metamorphmagus
Dark Horse - Igor Karkaroff, Town Miller
Asdioh - Rita Skeeter, Town Yellow Journalist
asianaussie - Sybill Trelawney, Town Grim Voyeur-Prophet
SangfroidWarrior - Sirius Black, Town Maurder-Mason

Sworddancer - Dolores Umbridge, Independent Ministry Register

Erupting Burning RYKERRR!!! - Quirinus Quirrell, Mafia Horcrux-Yakuza
Tandora - Argus Filch, Mafia Creepy Janitor

X1-12 - Rufus Scrimgeour, ???
JTB - Horace Slughorn, Town Potions Backup
Ran/Asdioh - Prof. Flitwick, Town Backup
July - Minerva McGonagall, Town Transfiguration Jailer
Vult Redux - Mad-Eye Moody, Town Auror
Shadow Moth - Remus Lupin, Town Mason

X1, what was your role again?

July, who do you think Asdioh is backup for?

July

Smash Apprentice
Kk, this is where my head is at right now:

JTB- I suspected yesterDay, but two things make me think he is not scum: 1) he jumped on the Tandora wagon right before the deadline, whereas if he were scum he could have saved his scummate and allowed another no lynch to happen by simply not voting, and 2) Tandora immediately said JTB could be lying about his role and be mafia stalker immediately after he claimed (post #1880) and idk what she would gain from that if they are scumbuddies. The vote yesterDay especially makes me lean town on JTB.

Just one thing JTB, can you please remind me of what Night Actions you took and happened to you?

Asdioh- Town read from Ran slot, and town read since Asdioh replaced in. The back-up thing also lines up with what JTB claimed (as in they both recieved a general "back-up" pm but don't know who to). Still have a town read on this slot.

Vult Redux- claimed Town Auror, with cop, doc, and vig shot. In #1968 he said he got an inno on Shadow Moth, then shot aa the same night he was janned, then protected Shadow Moth, none of which are proveable :-/ And I really disliked his reaction to the Tandora wagon yesterDay. Honestly right now Vult is my top scum pick. But with that in mind I'm trying to figure out, would Vult claim an innocent on a partner?

Shadow Moth is an issue for me because he is "confirmed town" via the masonry, but mafia yak makes that null. Then there is the cop inno, but I have NO faith in Vult being town.

X1 I jailed twice and both Nights a kill still went through. Despite the fact that I'm still skeptical of him, he's been extremely hard for me to get a read on and it bothers me immensely that there's nothing making me lean strongly town or scum with him other than PoE.

I jailed Vult Redux last Night, so I know he didn't send in the kill last Night.

For me scum lies between Vult/Shadow/X1, and I'm leaning heavily towards Vult/Shadow. I think Vult would claim an inno on his scummate to avoid him getting tracked, investigated, or jailed.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
N3 I targeted X1 and was role blocked. N4 I targeted X1 again and got back X1's name as a result.

July

Smash Apprentice
Hmm. Kk, so N3 you targeted X1, I jailed him, and you were roleblocked. But I don't think that you role is one that would be affected by jailing him, as in N3 my jailing him shouldn't have interfered with your result.

That means that you got blocked mafia roleblocker N3, which couldn't have been X1 since he was in jail. N3 kill and block still went through, and N5 when X1 was jailed again a kill still went through. This does make me think its much more likely X1 is town.

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
I've had to shift my priorities around and this fell to the bottom. :(

I had pinned Tan as Town since early in the game. It just made sense after TCat dropped out, which also made sense understanding her playstyle. I thought it was dumb to lynch her since the kill still went through. I've never seen a non-killing Janitor.

I think you should more look at how my actions make COMPLETE sense considering my play this far. Smoth deserved to be copped, and I let go of him after I copped him. I shot AA when he desperately needed to be shot (because I would actually consider that scum would kill him? let's be serious.) -- he needed to be shot BEFORE that, but I was obviously going to get the cop out first.

I can't wrap my head around a Mafia Roleblocker that hasn't blocked any of the claimed power roles.

I can't wrap my head around scum risking a kill on a BP CLAIM when there is a Jailer.

I also pinned July as Town and now there's this shift to me from seemingly nowhere when there are really shifty, unexplained actions and really sucky claims (Two "Leader of Light"? Three Backups? I just don't see it).

Will try to have a lead within two days. I implore people to read into actions more. Actions aren't adding up and I think I'm the last person who should be on the spotlight of it all. -_-

X1-12

Smash Champion
July to be fair its possible that say I was the mafia RB and RBed you and killed someone else and mine just happened to get priority, or this same situation with Vult last Night.

JTB I'm town leader of the light, my alignment can't be changed (recruitment/yak) nor can it appear to be changed (tailor)

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Wtf vult, wasn't roleblocker targetting gova every night

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
I'm going to be spurting off questions every once in a while since I'm stuck at an orientation all week and I'm mad bored.

Vult, why did you have a town read on tandora? Can you point out examples that correspond with what you expect from town tcat/tandora?

Also, why did shadow moth have to be copped?

Shadow Moth

Up in the clouds
Sorry about yesterDay. I got distracted every time I went to post here.

Everyone here except July could be scum. July isn't confirmed but I'm very confident she's town.
I can't be scum unless I was yakked. And since I'm me, I know I'm town.

If you think that Vult is scum then Asdioh must be scum as well because Vult is the only one left he could be a backup for. We already have a flipped nurse and July is the only claimed protective role. If you think Asdioh is town then Vult cannot be scum unless he was yakked.

Anyone really could have been yakked, except July IMO.
Even if their role is confirmed it doesn't confirm their alignment.

Shadow Moth

Up in the clouds
Here's a list of who can be what scum:

Me - can only be yakked
Asdioh - can be either
JTB - can be either
Vult - if asdioh is town can only be yakked
X1 - can be either
July - technically could be either (technically)

If I remove myself and my townreads (X1 and July) then that leaves me with the following combinations of scum:

Vult(yakked)/Asdioh(original)
Vult(yakked)/JTB(original)
Asdioh(yakked)/Vult(original)
JTB(yakked)/Asdioh(original)
Asdioh(yakked)/JTB(original)

TBH it's a real shot in the dark. I dislike the way vult defended tandora, but I also don't like the way the other two have been sitting in the back for a lot of this game.

Asdioh can you agree with this analysis?

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
oh nuts there's only 6 of us left o_o I'm thinking there are about 2 mafia left, does that sound right to you guys?

slowly reading this page and trying to make sense of the claims.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
@JTB: At this point Asdioh would have to be back-up for me, none of the others make sense.
I would have to agree.

JTB already claimed a backup, and what he backed up, so it can't be him.

Vult claimed JoaT, and I doubt there would be a backup for that, though I guess it's possible. However, since his abilities are one-shot, I severely doubt it.

Moth claimed (or rather, is) mason, and you... can't be a backup for a mason, and I wasn't informed when Sang died.

X1's role doesn't seem backup-ish.

Jailer backup makes perfect sense. It is strange that July's still alive, but what can I say?

Asdioh

Not Asidoh

If you think that Vult is scum then Asdioh must be scum as well because Vult is the only one left he could be a backup for. We already have a flipped nurse and July is the only claimed protective role. If you think Asdioh is town then Vult cannot be scum unless he was yakked.

this made me think, and realize that despite a nurse,
wait wtf

wtf

We have a flipped nurse but no claimed/flipped doctor? Oh gog now I'm so confused. I guess it's possible that the nurse could be a backup for the jailer, but it seems kind of strange. In that case, I see your point about Vult being town, since I don't see who else I could be a backup for o_O

uhhhhhh

damn I guess I need to do some reading. At least I have time now that Kuzisalwaysscum Mafia is over.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Jailor is essentially a paranoid doctor, I know this from Ragnarok Mafia.

Top Bottom