• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Halo Game - Ovah

smarboy69

Smargaret|GorditoBoy69
And for the policy lynch...

Yea, no. Active scumminess > Lurking. I mean if it gets bad, and there's no real active scumminess, then why not, especially since it's HYDRAS.

Peach Monster

Praxis|EdreesesPieces
Gheb/Macman, be friends with us this game?
Buddying?

[/QUOTE]
@Monster: curiously, what did you do with our best bud Alejandro?
Sadly, there was an unfortunate incident involving a stitchface...

Chuckie said:
...which, translated, means wii're sceptical.
You seem to use "wii" instead of "we" pretty consistently. I've spotted it three times now. Posting restriction?

Regarding an inactive policy lynch, I've watched a mafia game go to crap because the players were too focused on lynching inactives. The problem with lynching on a policy is that people who waver from the policy and go after scummy players end up looking scummy themselves. If there is even one inactive player, it ends up discouraging actual scumhunting.

If there are no scumtells, I'm perfectly fine with lynching an inactive. There's a chance they might be scum, and it removes the risk of an unknown player at lylo. And I have seen scum die that way. But only if there are no clear lynches for the day, and making it a policy discourages people from scumhunting when there is a clear inactive target, and further gives scum an easy way out to appear to be scumhunting by moving to lynch inactives in line with the policy.

As to your question, Edrees and I are usually pretty loud. I tend to be a bit more aggressive.

Regal Cheese

Sir Bedevere|Swiss
K. So we've decided to lynch people that we find scummy, and then if there is no-one scummy, lynch an inactive.

This is an innovative style of play, I am sure no town has employed this before.

Scum had better be on their toes, now that they know that acting scummy will get them killed.

Chuckie

Kataefi|vanderzant
missingno

lol are yu serious
Of course Vanz wasn't being serious!

Which reminds me:

@Swiss: because I know you wrote that and the other mouldy cheese didn't. Just how sarcastic were you being there? [For funsies :chuckle:]

XSword.

X1-12|Sworddancer.
*Insert generic answer about not lynching lurkers unless it's the absolutly only lead we've got.*

Wtf though at the level of activity in this game. I know some people are notourious lurkers in this game but still.

Jpsi hasn't posted yet I think. Tbh though I'm not that surprised. I've played enough with rpsi to know he lurks and I've lurked other games (like oddworld), which also tells me that J is a lurker to.

@Zen: Have I've played with you before? Exn sounds familiar but I can't quite remember for sure.

Chuckie, I'll bandwagon with you if I knew what we're bandwagoning for. :(

XSword.

X1-12|Sworddancer.
Whoops, forgot two things:

1. @EP: I don't remeber exactly how many games I've been in so far, but at an estimate I'll say either 6 or 7, with this one being my seventh/eitgh game.

2. This half of the hydra (Sworddancer) is going to a tournament today, so I'm pretty much going to be v/la for the rest of today.

Peach Monster

Praxis|EdreesesPieces
Oh yes, to reiterate my position from Bioware.

If there is no one being scummy, and there is no one inactive, I will vote for the person with the worst spelling in their posts. Anyone who misspells Edrees' name automatically goes to the top of the list.

Unvote

*eyes Spaghebti*

You have been warned.

CottonLicky

Blueyoshi|Zen
Two quarters of us will be at a tournament all day today (hosting). I don't know about the other three sixths...

Gotenks

BSL|mentosman8
So... We moved out of the RVS... To talk about policy lynching inactives :/ Of all the things we coulda moved to after RVS, that's what you guys get going on? Main problem with ending the RVS quick is that conversation tends to end up stagnating on one topic, so policy lynching isn't the best option.

@Moriarty: Prove to me you're going to be even semi useful, and make a post with words instead of a picture for once, you can choose what the topic is but I want to see some kind of substance. :)

@everyone: I assume everyone has some form of conversation lined up with their partner correct? If not get something lined up to converse in, be it a quicktopic, aim, whatever, if you don't discuss with eachother at times you're going to be a detriment to town.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
CottonLicky: XSword, CottonLicky (2)
Chuckie: Moriarty, Spaghebti (2)
Moriarty: ForeverZero (1)
ForeverZero: Gotenks (1)
Spaghebti: Chuckie, Regal Cheese (2)

Not voting: jPSI, tHe-man, smarboy69, Peach Monster (4)

Deadline has been set for October 18, 2010 11:59 PM EST

Gotenks

BSL|mentosman8
Simple, as we've seen in most games with only a couple hydras, when a slot posts without consulting their partner they often end up with conflicting views, and instead of discussing them and coming to a consensus, they instead just post it up and we get multiple opinions on the same player from the same slot. This is a detriment to the town because it damages our ability to hold people to their stances if the other player just pops in later "Oh hey, this is other half of hydra and lulz dude doesn't know what he's talking about, blank is town not scum." Townies who don't converse and try to get unified views just make it more of a headache for everyone else having to listen to conflicting views from the same player over and over.

ForeverZero

Overswarm|Frozenflame751
The fact there are hydras here changes things.

The fact we are many hydras makes it easier.

Inactivity from two slots is twice as telling, while mixed signals is half as telling. And such.

I think it goes without saying we shouldn't take such things at face value, and that a case-by-case basis should be the norm. That said, anyone that says one thing and then says the opposite should be expected to be able to defend both, I'd imagine.

smarboy69

Smargaret|GorditoBoy69
@Gotenks, or, well, everyone:

Mind teaching me how to make a QuickTopic? It'd be MUCH easier to talk there, rather than me and smargret's current method (PMing this account WITH this account).

smarboy69

Smargaret|GorditoBoy69
So, what happens if one half of the hydra's playing a REALLY scummy game, while the other half is playing a REALLY pro town game? I don't know if it'd ever come down to it, but we'll never know.

smarboy69

Smargaret|GorditoBoy69
GorditoBoy, we have a quicktopic. I PMed us the link. Case on tHeman forthcoming.

smarboy69

Smargaret|GorditoBoy69
Okay, RVS is over. Don't continue it. It serves no purpose.

Everyone, what say you to a policy lynch on the hydra you think is going to be a question mark in end game through lack of contribution? Yes, that is a fancy way to say lurker, but FF/OS beat us to the word and we want to be semi-original here.

We've been out of the loop for a little while and can't give you the best answer on the matter. We haven't played with Praxis, Edreeses, Smargeret, Gorditaboy, Bedevere or Zen. Regardless of your opinions on whether or not we should, which hydras do you think will end up coasting this game?

FF/OS, why are you obvious indy? You're not forwarding town objectives and we don't see any scum motives either, so indy is the only conclusion.

Praxis/Edreeses, are you loose with your opinions or generally quiet?

Moriarity, legit Chuckie vote or RVS?

Also, we're both pretty V/LA for the weekend. We'll be in here for sure come Monday and will make an effort to post once or twice tomorrow and Sunday.
So tHe-Man unilaterally decides that RVS is over, followed by what looks like scumhunting but is effectively RQS. What's more, he encourages a policy lynch less than 40 posts into day 1, which doesn't even give us a chance to find someone behaving actively scummy rather than settling. Also, asking for policy lynch targets lets scum know who to keep around until endgame - especially if said scum hasn't played with many of us before.

Vote: tHe-Man
*angryface*: jPSI for not posting yet. Don't do this again, J.

smarboy69

Smargaret|GorditoBoy69
Okay, RVS is over. Don't continue it. It serves no purpose.

Everyone, what say you to a policy lynch on the hydra you think is going to be a question mark in end game through lack of contribution? Yes, that is a fancy way to say lurker, but FF/OS beat us to the word and we want to be semi-original here.

We've been out of the loop for a little while and can't give you the best answer on the matter. We haven't played with Praxis, Edreeses, Smargeret, Gorditaboy, Bedevere or Zen. Regardless of your opinions on whether or not we should, which hydras do you think will end up coasting this game?

FF/OS, why are you obvious indy? You're not forwarding town objectives and we don't see any scum motives either, so indy is the only conclusion.

Praxis/Edreeses, are you loose with your opinions or generally quiet?

Moriarity, legit Chuckie vote or RVS?

Also, we're both pretty V/LA for the weekend. We'll be in here for sure come Monday and will make an effort to post once or twice tomorrow and Sunday.
So tHe-Man unilaterally decides that RVS is over, followed by what looks like scumhunting but is effectively RQS. What's more, he encourages a policy lynch less than 40 posts into day 1, which doesn't even give us a chance to find someone behaving actively scummy rather than settling. Also, asking for policy lynch targets lets scum know who to keep around until endgame - especially if said scum hasn't played with many of us before.

Vote: tHe-Man
*angryface*: jPSI for not posting yet. Don't do this again, J.

CottonLicky

Blueyoshi|Zen
Regal, which of your halves made your confirmation post?

And when you said why derail the best wagon were you talking about Licky or Chuckie?

Edrespices

Regal Cheese

Sir Bedevere|Swiss
Both of those answers should be painfully obvious.

Smarboy, would you be happy to lynch the-man right here, right now? Is the case justification for a lynch, or do you want pressure put on him?

hurr durr

smarboy69

Smargaret|GorditoBoy69
I would not be happy to lynch tHe-Man right here, right now - but not because my vote is strictly for pressure. In my experience, lynching someone right out of the gate stifles discussion. I would be okay with lynching him at the end of the day, after he's had a chance to defend himself and everyone has had a chance to react and respond.

Why would you ask that question anyway? Putting pressure on someone doesn't do any good unless the person you're pressuring doesn't know it's pressure.

Regal Cheese

Sir Bedevere|Swiss
Choke.

We're in a game full of experienced players and hydras. Try to remember that.

Personally I don't like how people even bothered answering The-man's question. It boiled down to "wanna lynch scummies or inactives?".

Lotsa hydras not putting their feet in the water. Get active.

Chuckie

Kataefi|vanderzant
Cottonwhy you asking dumb questions? I'd vote you but we're quite content with our vote on spaghetti right now. It really is an inferior pasta.

@Cheese: why you butting in before He Man even responds to 69's vote? That's a good way to defend your scum partner imo.

Regal Cheese

Sir Bedevere|Swiss
@ Chuckie: Why are you butting in making not-really-very-true statements that you haven't really thought out? (Tried to make it shorter, sorry).

Why are you saying Cotton's questions were dumb? That's a good way to distance your scum partner imo.

hur durr

Top Bottom