• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Halo series - Crimson Map Pack out now!

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
If BTB social and ranked are gone, where do we play sandtrap? DLC BTB? I'm pretty happy about nades being gone at spawn for SWAT.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
I didn't even noticed BTB Social was gone until you guys just pointed it out. I completely understood that BTB Ranked was gone, but Social? :( There's really no reason to remove any social playlists... except Rocket Race.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
I'm gonna miss ranked and social BTB because less people means less chaos going around the map. I've always enjoyed playing ranked or social BTB and seeing everyone firing at each other and dying.

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
AU2 looks good. Some neat features like progress bars on your rankings now.

But where's the BR spread fix? I'm not a die-hard about this like some are, but seriously... come on. Why intentionally make people's shots random like that?

I understand random spreads on guns like the AR or SMG, because that's how they were meant to work. But the BR is supposed to be a skilled precision weapon.

Oh well.

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
You were with a group of friends! Besides, I invited you a couple of times previously but you didn't come. I thought YOU didn't like ME... :(

But srsly... Team Smashboards reunite.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
I'm not looking towards the AU2 personally. Halo 3 is fine the way it is right now IMO.
Nothing is changing gameplay-wise, it's all just behind the scenes rank stuff.

If I could make any changes to Halo 3, I'd change the AR to be made much more inaccurate (ala Halo 1), remove the spread from the BR (ala Halo 2), change dual wielding back to its former Halo 2 glory (where you stood a great chance against someone with a power weapon if you were dual wielding) and lastly, add the magnetism back to trip mines from the Halo 3 beta.

Halo 3 would then be perfect. :(

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
I never played the beta, what did trip mines used to do?

Also, I would like to see some non-******** equipment. The ones in existence are either too powerful, inherently campy, or just stupid.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
In the beta, the trip mine would magnetize to vehicles. If you dropped it onto a vehicle (with nobody in it), it'd snap to the underside of it. The Trip Mine was also a lot more powerful, able to destroy an untouched Warthog. In the final game, the Trip Mine will destroy a Warthog that is moderately damaged, but otherwise, you seem to be able to just drive over the things, roll a couple times, and keep on truckin'. Anyhoo, Trip Mines were on beta Valhalla, so you could toss them off the Man Cannon at incoming Banshees, or Warthogs that were lingering at the base of the hill. It was pretty awesome and the map played a LOT better with each base having Trip Mines spawn on them instead of Power Drainers (which spawned at the Pelican, where the Regen is in the final game).

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
That does sound pretty awesome. Perhaps they were concerned with there being too many counters to vehicles?

Plasma Pistols, SPlasers, Rockets, Missile Pods, Power Drainers, Stickies (to a certain extent), and even Brute Shots can be used to take down vehicles.

Though you never see more than 2 or 3 of these on a map at a single time...

Wreckless

Smash Journeyman
I can't beleive i found a halo 3 thread on smashboards.
But yeah add me I BeRzErKK cuzz i don't play smash anymore...its been more than a year.
Just wanted to see if i can find any smash players that are good in halo.
If any of you guys need to get a 50 just hit me up. Its pretty easy and since they change the system of ranking recently.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Sorry if this has been said before, but do elites have different hitboxes in Halo 3? Cause last week when I was playing RBTB on Last Resort, an elite got onto one of the turrets and I happened to be at the bottom of the sniper tower with the sniper rifle. So l line up my reticle to his head and i fire a shot, nothing happens, im like "wtf y no he die?" so i fire another shot at his head, nothing happens again so then i fire the other 2 shots remaining in my clip at his body and he dies. and no the game was not lagging and im 100% sure that i shot at his head.

I can't beleive i found a halo 3 thread on smashboards.
But yeah add me I BeRzErKK cuzz i don't play smash anymore...its been more than a year.
Just wanted to see if i can find any smash players that are good in halo.
If any of you guys need to get a 50 just hit me up. Its pretty easy and since they change the system of ranking recently.
What's your 50 in? Oh and ill add you. :D

smashman90

Smash Lord
Sorry if this has been said before, but do elites have different hitboxes in Halo 3? Cause last week when I was playing RBTB on Last Resort, an elite got onto one of the turrets and I happened to be at the bottom of the sniper tower with the sniper rifle. So l line up my reticle to his head and i fire a shot, nothing happens, im like "wtf y no he die?" so i fire another shot at his head, nothing happens again so then i fire the other 2 shots remaining in my clip at his body and he dies. and no the game was not lagging and im 100% sure that i shot at his head.
Elites have the same hitboxes that the Spartan's have. It's just difficult to kill an elite with a headshot. That's why alot of people play as elites in SWAT. Also, I should be getting my xbox soon. w00t!

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
The hitboxes are the same, but the character models aren't (obviously).

So technically speaking, Elites are just as easy to hit as a Spartan, but the Elite's model is misleading. Their head hitbox isn't anywhere near where their head is shown as being.

Mky762

Smash Journeyman
is it just me or do can spartans crosshair turn red faster than an elites? cause my friend had a sword and so did i, he was able to lunge to me when i could not, we were on even ground too. was it lag or do spartans have a "longer reach".

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
From Joystiq:

"As part of their Penny Arcade Expo presence, team Bungie lifted the mysterious curtain on their latest Halo 3 multiplayer map called Purple Reign Assembly, giving PAX attendees a new map to frolic about in. But knowing that it isn't a Midship, Gemini or any other Halo map remake, the big question is whether or not Assembly plays splendidly or if it is any fun at all. And we're pleased to tell you that, yes, it's an unbelievably well designed map that ranks high among our Halo 3 favorites. Impressions after the break.

First, let's get a few Assembly informative bits out of the way. Bungie did not and refused to talk about any specifics regarding Assembly including how it'll be released, when it'll be released or even if it's paid content. Knowing that info, let's jump into our hands-on impressions.

Assembly is a medium, medium-large sized space with plenty of room for 4v4 multiplayer matches of Slayer, Oddball, CTF or even King of the Hill matches making it a very versatile map. As far as cosmetics are concerned, Assembly is a true Covenant looking map with plenty of reflective purple walls to navigate through, greenish yellow grav lifts to launch you towards the heavens and gray walkways to ... uhhh, walk on. The coolest part of the map's look is the Covenant Cruiser that hovers overhead and is seemingly assembling some kind of Covenant structure. Hence the map's name.

Taking a look at the map layout itself, the best way we can describe its unqiue characteristics is by comparing it to a few other Halo maps even though it was made very clear that Assembly is NOT a remake or inspiration map. To us though, Assembly is a bit like Midship, Ascension and Gridlock combined. It's a circular multi-level Covenant map (Midship) that uses a central multi-tiered focused layout (Gridlock) where players call fall off the outer ledge or jump from outer platform to outer platform (Ascension). Collectively speaking, it's a medium sized circular experience with numerous nooks and crannies on the outside, ramps and lifts on the inner rim, a few towers on the sides and a central structure where the action seems to always be focused towards.

After playing a few rounds, we were intrigued by some of the map's "features" including the central most lower part of the map that houses the Gravity Hammer. It's an interesting location because the Hammer is surrounded by four explosive fusion cores and a few times we saw players toss in a grenade or two on an unsuspecting Hammer-***** which only resulted in a severely weakened Hammer-*****. Speaking of Assembly's central location, on the upper most level players will spot active camouflage floating in some sort of super charged light beam. This too is a perfect place to chuck grenades into to rack up a few double (or triple) kills. We also loved the map's outer towers where jumping along the wall and navigating up towards the platforms is encouraged and those who make it up alive will be treated with rockets. Explosively useful rockets at that.

Now you ask, how does it play? Surprisingly enough, Assembly may be our favorite Halo 3 multiplayer map yet. It's a nice mix of close quarters combat, open long range combat and risk versus reward scenarios that you don't see too much in other maps. At times it's chaotic, other times you'll feel like you're stalking your prey and at other times you'll wonder why you can't walk ten feet without being loaded full of BR bullets. Honestly, Assembly is a very well designed map."

Pictures!:

When I saw the screens in the Weekly Update on friday, I was a bit underwhelmed. Being as the map is a Covenant structure, it was hard to get a feel for how large the map was. Thanks to the videos from PAX though, it seems to be much larger of a map than the pictures indicate. Joystiq's impressions of the map have me very excited, and I can't wait for this map to drop. Now, Bungie, show us some Moonbase Alpha and Spacemap! Then get this **** Mythic Map Pack on the Marketplace!

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Sorry if this has been asked before, but is it true that you still take damage when people fire at your katana? I also heard that people can stick the katana and you die because of that. I have every single achievement in Halo 3 but I've read alot of people claiming that they got stuck with a plasma grenade on their katana and they died and this makes me not want to wear it.

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
The real reason you shouldn't wear it is because it's ugly- but honestly, I'm pretty sure the hitbox stays the same.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
The real reason you shouldn't wear it is because it's ugly- but honestly, I'm pretty sure the hitbox stays the same.
Yea and if your opponents might see the katana sticking out behind a wall or ledge so yeah...
but im still reading alot of people debating over if the katana can be hit.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
GAW is correct, different armor permutations don't have different hitboxes, so it can't be stuck or shot. If it looks like it's stuck or shot, it's lag showing the plasma grenade someone other than it really is, like when you see a plasma grenade floating behind someone and it says they were stuck when they eventually blow up.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Rumor: The Mythic Map Pack (when it is released) may add on 30 additional achievements and totaling in additional 750 GS (1750 total GS for Halo 3 because they said 250 additional GS per map-pack and since this will be the third one (Heroic, Legendary and followed by the Mythic map-pack))

Source : http://forums.ascendantjustice.com/index.php?showtopic=2071&st=40&p=9239511&#entry9239511

List of additional achievements:

Heretic Skull
25gs

Citadel Skull
25gs

Assembly Skull
25gs

Sandbox Skull
25gs

Orbital Skull
25gs

Longshore Skull
25gs

Tank Dropper
25gs

Zombie Repeller
25gs

Delicious Brains
25gs

Save This Film
25gs

Have Fun Respawning
25gs

Killtacular
25pt

Awww, Too Bad
25gs

... Get the Horns
25gs

Post Mortem
25gs

Ghost Patrol
25gs

Blades of Fury
25gs

Pull
25gs

Hammer Time
25gs

Look Both Ways
50gs

Road Rage
25gs

Flag Dropped
25gs

Defend This
50gs

Came... From... Behind...
50gs

Alas, Poor Yorick
25gs

Double Double
25g

Vidmaster Challenge: Brainpan
25gs

Vidmaster Challenge: 7 on 7
0gs

Vidmaster Challenge: Lightswitch
0gs

Vidmaster Challenge: Annual
0gs

A few explanations of some of the achievements:

Double Double
On a Legendary map, got two Double Kills during a ranked or social match.

Came... From... Behind
On a Legendary map, got three assassinations during a ranked or social match.

Look Both Ways
On a Legendary map, got a Splatter Spree during a ranked or social match

Vidmaster Challenge: 7 on 7
Entered into a ranked or social playlist with 7 EXP on the 7th of the month.

Vidmaster Challenge: Annual
After 9/25/08, completed Halo on 4-player Legendary LIVE co-op, with Iron, and everyone in Ghosts.

Pictures:

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
That's... interesting...

I dunno if I should believe that. Maybe it'll draw me back in if it's true.

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
I checked the Bungie forums and it sounds like this is real. Apparently at PAX somebody started looking through achievements and pics were taken before anyone could turn it off.

~rh

Smash Lord
Oh wow... I thought it was fake. That's pretty cool if it indeed is true.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
Achievements would be one of the things to get me to play Halo religiously again. Four player co-op over Live with the Iron skull turned on AND everyone in Ghosts? And it's worth 0 points? I'm ****ing game. Who wants to join me?

MASAHIROx

Smash Lord
so ive been meaning to do this for a while but i really want to establish a solid 4 to 6 man squad to be the official team smashboards.

i reallly want to do this for at least Team Slayer and MLG. we have the talent but we just are not organized.

players i would recommend would be: zero, alt, cashed, leo, bjdavis, l0zr and me of course.

lets do this guys. come on.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
The "we can't talk about any of the other achievements" comment adds fuel to the fire that there's going to be something like an actual expansion to Halo 3.

But oh man, so can't wait to do the finish the game with Iron on and everyone in Ghosts achievement.

Top Bottom