• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ham Ham Games 2015 Online Event: Super Smash Bros. 64

NNID
ChariJimbob
3DS FC
0920-2908-2055
Fellow HamHams, it is time that the HamHam Clubhouse present our first competition at HamHam Games! This event will focus on the skillset of the original Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 64. Here are the requirements:
1. Super Smash Bros. (U) ROM
2. Project 64k (Not any project 64. Note the k.)
3. A valid Name (By valid, I mean nothing innapropriate.)
4. A post on this thread stating your name and your signature character.
The Downloads are all obtainable at Emuparadise.
http://challonge.com/hamhamgamessmash64

Last edited:
NNID
ChariJimbob
3DS FC
0920-2908-2055
The rules:
1. Use a Gameshark Code for No Items
2. With the exception of the above, as well as all characters unlocked, no gamesharks allowed.
3. 4 in stock.
4. No glitching the game in your favor. L cancelling is allowed. :)
5. Kongo Jungle, Yoshi's Story, and Dream Land are the only stages allowed.
------ Anyone caught cheating in Ham Ham Games will be immediately disqualified without question.

Last edited:

Cestus

Smash Cadet
The rules:
1. Use a Gameshark Code for No Items
2. With the exception of the above, as well as all characters unlocked, no gamesharks allowed.
3. 4 in stock.
4. No glitching the game in your favor. L cancelling is allowed. :)
5. Kongo Jungle, Yoshi's Story, and Dream Land are the only stages allowed.
------ Anyone caught cheating in Ham Ham Games will be immediately disqualified without question.
Firstly, "Yoshi's Story"? "L-cancelling"? Do we have a melee in disguise among us?

Also, what do you mean by "glitching the game in you favor"? Teleport-upsmash is a 'glitch', will I be disqualified?

NNID
ChariJimbob
3DS FC
0920-2908-2055
Firstly, "Yoshi's Story"? "L-cancelling"? Do we have a melee in disguise among us?

Also, what do you mean by "glitching the game in you favor"? Teleport-upsmash is a 'glitch', will I be disqualified?
L- cancelling I indeed possible in smash 64. And come to think of it, teleports should also be okay.

NNID
ChariJimbob
3DS FC
0920-2908-2055
probably don't call it l canceling or expect to be called out as a melee player. it's called z-canceling
I understand your logic there. When I create the official rule guide for Ham Ham Games: Super Smash Bros. 64, I will make these adjustments.

NNID
ChariJimbob
3DS FC
0920-2908-2055
Constructive criticism I will most certainly take. But as for people who have no legit point in anything, I will simply ignore. After all, the opening is on Tuesday, I have to make some plans.

Cestus

Smash Cadet
I understand your logic there. When I create the official rule guide for Ham Ham Games: Super Smash Bros. 64, I will make these adjustments.
I still don't understand what you mean by glitching. Do you mean hacking or using prohibited cheats? Anything done with your standard, NON-MODDED (looking at you, Pablo) N64 controller should be allowed.

NNID
ChariJimbob
3DS FC
0920-2908-2055
That's precisely what I mean. I'd like to thank you for emphasizing that. And also, this does relate to my no Gameshark codes, no hit cancelling codes, teching codes, etc. You do that stuff, you do it naturally. Just wanted to get that out there.

felipe_9595

Smash Lord
I will enter in any case but DL only has been the standard ruleset for NA for the last couple of years and the standard Chilean ruleset since 2006.

NNID
ChariJimbob
3DS FC
0920-2908-2055
I will enter in any case but DL only has been the standard ruleset for NA for the last couple of years and the standard Chilean ruleset since 2006.
Ok. Just to get this out of the way, Ham Ham Games will have more smash content, some tounaments will have Round 1 be Smash 64, round 2 be Melee, Round 3 be Brawl, etc.

SSBMagy

Smash Cadet
I'm really tired. can barely read the post haha. But if I understand it correctly I'm in. I main play as DK, will switch to Kirby if I lose and am angry about it.

NNID
ChariJimbob
3DS FC
0920-2908-2055
The games failed. the emulator crashed and while we did figure a solution, people bailed out at the point where Enigami and i were the only ones there. I hope this doesn't happen in the next Ham Ham Games.

Dizzle

Smash Cadet
The games failed. the emulator crashed and while we did figure a solution, people bailed out at the point where Enigami and i were the only ones there. I hope this doesn't happen in the next Ham Ham Games.
I bailed when you announced it was on a European server and Yoshi's Story was still allowed.

how did it go
I'm gonna declare myself the winner, ayyy

NNID
ChariJimbob
3DS FC
0920-2908-2055
I bailed when you announced it was on a European server and Yoshi's Story was still allowed.

I'm gonna declare myself the winner, ayyy
1. You bailed without even coming, so nobody's really the winner.
2. I got a smash 64 patch with multiplayer metal cavern and battlefield. We can settle it there on next Ham Ham Games.

Top Bottom