• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Handedness

cmu6eh

Banned via Warnings
Who is right-handed and who is left-handed and who is ambidextrous? If tomorrow you started playing on a mirrored controller pad, how long do you think it would take for you to get as good as you are on a normal controller?

SadColor

Smash Rookie
I'm right handed

If we're talking about my normal controller that I use (Classic Controller ._.) I think adapting to a mirrored one would be super easy since my setup is basically symmetrical.
Though if it was an actual N64 stick...I'm not so sure, considering it would be like playing normally with switched hands. I think I could adapt okay to that. Unless the analog stick was mirrored too, then o_o

cmu6eh

Banned via Warnings
The hori pad has two Z buttons, and i'm trying to use the one behind the R-button cause I hurt my left index finger. My hands get confused now. Shield drop down-airs are like the last thing i need to get consistent (they're harder than shield drop up-airs for some reason?)

LLDL

Smash Hero
ggs greginator

and I wouldn't be able to adjust to a reverse controller. I'm right handed

Combo Blaze

Smash Ace
Left-handed! And I think it would take a while to get used to a mirror'd controller pad seeing as we've been used to the sticks being to the left and buttons on the right as the default for every controller. :v

KnitePhox

Smash Lord
I would be able to as well as many if not all the people in this thread could
unless u guys are fake gamers/casuals
Right-handed

rjgbadger

Banned via Warnings
ive actually always wondered what smash would be like if i had a mirrored controller. i feel like i would have more control over the stick but less control of the buttons (my left hand is ******** when it comes to doing anything)

mikeduncan23

Smash Apprentice
Right handed, an inverted controller would take forever to get used to it seems like

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
In general, Left.
If you judge it by handwriting, neither.
I am somewhat ambidextrous otherwise. My left side is generally stronger. My right side has better coordination.

This post might be a bit confusing

cmu6eh

Banned via Warnings
im going to replace the control stick with a ring pop and play with my mouth.

Top Bottom