• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hanging Yoyo off the Edge

Masky

Smash Master
Hanging the usmash yoyo off the edge in Brawl is possible by just running towards the edge and timing it correctly. Unlike Melee Ness, Brawl Ness can not stop people from grabbing the edge this way and then pop them up for a stronger attack, probably because of the new ledge mechanics. I also tested it on tether recoveries (I tested Olimar and Shiek) and unsurprisingly it had no effect either.

Is there any way this can be used? Is it pointless because of how ledges have changed? :(

Last edited:

Classic Yayo

Smash Cadet
From what I see in the video it looks like your hanging too much of the yoyo of the edge space it so the yoyo just barely hangs off, The actual yoyo have the hit boxes not the string. From what I see the string is blocking the edge while the yoyo itself it hanging a bit lower. Try to space it a little differently. I'll try myself, but if it doesn't work BAHHH Brawl has let me down yet again.

Masky

Smash Master
Near the end of the video I show how you can position the yoyo right on the edge, but that doesn't seem to hit either when I tried it. Though hanging the yoyo did work a few times on CPUs outside of training mode for some reason. Maybe someone besides me can get it to work.

Top Bottom