• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Happy Mask Salesman's Happy Picture and Texture Shop! (undergoing changes)

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
LOL! If only powuh >.< that would be amazing!

But yeah for those interested in the texture, you can download it here: http://dasdonkeyteam.blogspot.com/search/label/Zelda Sheik

They have fantastic textures, the best I've seen yet. This is what made me want to go into my own. And ocho I got your PM so cheers for that, I'll get to reading everything right away

Ochobobo

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1075-1052-5472
I don't remember seeing that image on Dojo, and I checked that site everyday for updates before Brawl came out lol

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
oh well, maybe i just thought i saw it there lol

and also

:zelda:"Yes?"
not very dynamic or anything, but i just find im using this shot of Zelda alot when i do "Fox and Peach adventures" lol

:zelda: "bellydancing w/ magic effects"
this was my fav pic i took the other day lol

Ochobobo

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1075-1052-5472
Haha, I love those little magic rings that appear around her hands when she turns into Sheik. Makes it look like she's about to fire some powerful spell at someone, but then she just transforms...

lol

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
She's thinking to herself "I can do so much better -.-"

*OH SNAAAAAAAAKE!!" *RUN*
Nonsense.

She's going for Peach..... we all know Zelda's a huge lesbian.

Might have more screenshots tomorrow! And another epic bedtime story, lolol.

zeldspazz

Smash Master
Nonsense.

She's going for Peach..... we all know Zelda's a huge lesbian.

Might have more screenshots tomorrow! And another epic bedtime story, lolol.
Hmmmmm, I always wondered why Peach acted so flirty and dramatic around her......

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
First texture hack!

This isn't based on another character in case you wondered!
And be nice! :) It's a work in progress but if you want this one then PM me, it actually looks quite good in play!

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
Yep red rose zelda was the base because I didn't have a clue what I was doing in terms of transparencies and stuff! So I thought why not start with my favourite texture?

My plan for this texture is to make the dress a little shorter so you can just see her boots come through, but I don't know how yet =p

Yeah sonic the textures were done on a whim! I stole a unicorn from google and just plonked that on there. I made a little fiery swirl around it as well.

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
Ha, awesome Kat. You need to show me how to do that.

Am I supposed to be seeing birds flying around on her dress or is that just me?

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
Yeah the hair was and still is a *****!

It comes out in different colours due to the funny lighting brawl has - I really don't know what colour to do it? I was thinking black in my next version.

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
I think black would work well with the current one, but it just needs some more definition around the bottom of the dress and on that corset/jacket type thing.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
By defnition you mean just a little more hue and contrast? Or perhaps more patterns....

When this texture is done I'm calling it midnight tapestry... I'll get some closeups of the textures and images in detail tonight so everyone can critique and make it better.

I'm really getting into this. Sinking you'll love doing this btw... and it's a great way to get to grips with photoshop if you don't know it already.

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
Ah, i suppose I could have clarified that.

I was talking more specifically about the colours of the upper and lower parts of her dress. They're quite similar. Likewise, the lower part of her dress is quite... busy, and it competes with the sparkles in the upper part. The hair is, for some reason, almost the same colour as the upper part too.

sasook

Smash Champion
Lol Mage. I should tell him to start posting here.

EDIT: Oh, you did. I'm too slow.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*

So I've been working on this texture - I gave her darker hair and added a few more patterns to the dress and different textures on the corset.

It's actually really hard to get better quality textures because brawl seems to downgrade them and make them very pixellated, so this is currently the best I've got.

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
I certainly think she looks better than before now.

I don't know how I feel about her dress. It's realllyyyy busy with the gigantic print--it overpowers her.

If there's one thing I've learned from What Not To Wear, it's that everything needs to be in proportion and moderation. In other words, the size of the print needs to be proportionate to her body.

I do like her gloves, though it would be nice to see some of that seaming detail from the dress on the outer side of her gloves. Just something to lighten up the arms a bit. (The seaming detail is also pretty cool. Adds some good contrast.)

Ultimately I just think the colour of the dress and the print on it are just not working as well as they can be. It could be because of the background, but that kind of muted blue-violet doesn't work for Zelda's skin type. Her skin is more on the cool side of yellow than the orange that would be needed for this colour to work. Reds, red-oranges and violets would work on her. Think of her as an "autumn" type. (For example, why ballroom zelda looks fresher and brighter.)

I don't quite agree with the black lining on the bottom of the dress either. Again it's quite distracting. In a dress like this you want the emphasis to be on 4 things:

Face.
Waist/Breasts.
Height.

To conclude:

The colour/print of the dress distract from her face.
The seaming accomplishes the waist and some of the breast part.
The bottom lining distracts from her height and face.

Nevertheless, this is only your second try and already there is HUUGGEEE improvement from your last try. I only see things getting better from here.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
LOL! Very frank indeed sinking, and taken on board :)

Next version to come out soon!

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
I hope i didn't offend. Constant art class critiques have hardened me against negative feedback. I have tendencies to only focus on the things that could need improvement because the only way anyone gets better is to know what they're doing wrong.

My intentions were good :urg:

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
Sinking... please! I'm a pseudo art student... I can definitely take a bruising

:mad:

Bandit

Smash Lord
I am liking the texture hack Kat. A lot of detail in that dress. I'm still working on getting everything I need to make my own.

:bandit:

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
Thanks! Well... here's the last version of it lol. It's doing my head in now >.< so I'm leaving it as this until I figure out how to make things transparent.

Voilá!

Top Bottom