• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hardest Boss to trophy?

Evil Jiggly

Smash Rookie
I think it's Meta Ridley, it's almost impossible to grab the trophy unless
you have a space animal or a fast-faller like that. Tabuu is actually easy to get,
even if you do normal or hard. He seems to drop more trophy stands than the other bosses.
Got every boss trophy so far except Ridley and Meta Rid, I've trophied him about 5 times
but can't get it before it falls.:mad:
Anyway, what's your opinion?

A17

Smash Ace
NNID
Okrapaeli
I wasnt aware you could trophy bosses until i saw someone trophy tabuu.

He was the first I trophied, then I did Rayquaza an then Galleom.
I managed to pick up Duon somehow even though I don't remember trophying the thing.
Just today I did porky, Petey Piranha and ridley. the first time I trophied ridley he was on his one side, trophied and it fell to the bottom. Funny eh? I thought it would have stayed on the edge. So i had to do it again.

It's a lot easier to get trophies with that sticker that increases my chances of getting trophy stands by 30 points. I'm going to get meta ridley tomorrow. It won't be hard as there are at times where he'll stay above the ship.

Skadorski

// s o n d e r
NNID
Skadorski
I'd have to say Porky.
I got Tabuu so easily it's not even funny, but I could NEVER get Porky :(
But I never try this stuff anymore anyway, the real games way too fun......

Dracospawn

Smash Journeyman
I could tell you that but then I'f have to...ummmm
Its between tabuu and meta ridley. Tabuu has alot of health and requires alot of weakening and has teleports. Bur meta ridley can only be caught by one attack that I know he does, when he flys up, then slams his body on the ship and brings it down, I threw it up and nabbed him. He has a time limit though...

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
I have duon........ I cant even remember trophying the thing XD. I didnt know tabuu was that easy to trophy and I wasnt even aware you could even trophy bosses XD

RuNNing Riot

Smash Lord
I would say Meta Ridley, of course, considering you have to pound your way through the not-so-easy entire level before you reach him, there's a two-minute timer, and his trophy has a chance of falling off the stage, due to the high wind speeds (especially on Intense) and his habit of hovering away from the stage as he takes damage.

But Petey I found to be difficult too, actually. As with Meta, you have to get through about thirty Subspace Army members and Mario before you get to him. And there's the fact that you could potentially aim for the wrong cage, which can be VEEERY irritating. And of course you'll have to not kill him as he leaps about...

Ridley was tough as well. Same as the above - a half-level to pass through, and he actually stays off the stage completely except for when he lands to leap up and when he crashes down.

;)

And Evil Jiggly? Meta Isn't particularly difficult once you've gotten to him and he's on low health. I would either wait until he rises off the top of the screen to crash down onto the stage or when he gathers that big red fireball in his mouth. They're pretty much the only times when you can get him safely.

Lovely

Smash Lord
♣ Meta Ridley being the hardest is correct. You have to pick a fast fall character to even catch him like Fox, Captain Falcon, etc. I'll say the second hardest is Taboo. ♥

Azure Flame

Smash Apprentice
Failures = "You gotta fast fall to get the trophy" ...

While I agree Meta Ridley is hardest, there's no reason to leave the side of the ship for anything... All you have to do is time your throw and Meta Ridley will literally fly right into the trophy. The part that makes it truly annoying is the time limit, you can't just leave the boss alive and wait for a trophy stand to come. I've gone through many attempts without a trophy stand and the time ran out :S.

Shock0055

Smash Rookie
i say meta ridly, is moving fast, and he is in the air so you gotta time it perfect :psycho:

Mario6107

Smash Rookie
♣ Meta Ridley being the hardest is correct. You have to pick a fast fall character to even catch him like Fox, Captain Falcon, etc. I'll say the second hardest is Taboo. ♥
taboo is kinda easy , some guy said you have to get him on very hard but i got him on easy :laugh:

A17

Smash Ace
NNID
Okrapaeli
Update to meta ridley... Okay I didn't need a fast faller as all. I stalled until i knew he was going to do a body slam on the ship, threw it up as he came down, trophied just like that. Wasn't hard as I can predict every move he does now.

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
Pokey was always the hardest for me. Since he is attacking almost always, its hard to get the thing even thrown. Duon is similarly difficult. Meta Ridley is eh, the time limit makes it harder than it really is.

n88

Smash Lord
Meta Ridley isn't that hard. If you stand on the edge of the ship and throw it upwards, it should hit him, and the trophy should drop to the stage. Even if he's hovering behind the ship. Tabuu was harder for me.

UberMario

Smash Master
Meta Ridley isn't that hard. If you stand on the edge of the ship and throw it upwards, it should hit him, and the trophy should drop to the stage. Even if he's hovering behind the ship. Tabuu was harder for me.
Even better, wait for him to start to rise up in the air, and throw it upwards from the middle. (For when he does the stage slam attack)

And let it hit him. 100% Accuracy, plus it always lands on the stage this way

ru5514n

Smash Ace
Meta Ridley is the hardest. Mostly because of the time limit, and the fact that the level he's in is hella long, and has that huge fixed fight in the middle of the level. Others aren't difficult. For Duon, Galleom, Porky and Rayquaza, pick DK and Charizard, and spam their down-b and side-b moves. Same for Petey, as well. Ridley and Tabuu are a bit more difficult, but since you 6 get chars for Tabuu, it's a bit easier. For Ridley, you can just stall until you get the trophy stand.

sammy p

Smash Lord
i have problems with rayquaza....... dont ask me why cuz i dont know!!! lol
i got meat ridley almost TOO easily!! lol once again dont ask me why!

But seriously, how can you get Meta Ridley as a trophy!?
I've tried it so many times, but failed on all of those occasions.
The trophy just falls off and you have to jump to get it, but it's near impossible.

:mad:

Pink murder

Smash Ace
☠
Don't some of his attacks require him to go above the ship?
Just time the throw right, and you should get him while he's attacking. When you do, it would land on top of the ship.
☠

●▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬๑۩۩๑▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬●

Rad Riardos

Smash Rookie
I have never gotten a trophy thing during a boss fight. . .

D:

My guess would be for Meta Ridley, you'd have to wait until he's above the ship.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Meta Ridley because you need to time it just right in order to catch the trophy before it falls but, if you ask me, it's actually harder to just go through the whole stage to get to Meta Ridley especially if you're playing on Intense mode (since that has the highest trophy stand drop).

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
1. Meta Ridley because u have 2 minutes and when he is stationary he is over the ledge D:
2. Tabuu just because u need to time it right so u dont get knocked away by any of his attacks

omegazeroINFI

Smash Rookie
i would say all of them, i can never get a stand and worse, the boss keeps suiciding by hitting bombs and other objects the like and die first

Top Bottom