• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hardest level in SSE

BSP

Smash Legend
Just wondering, which level did you think was the hardest in the SSE? Also, which level did you think was the hardest to go through a second time without completely dying?

IMO, Entrance to Subspace was the hardest on the first time through, or at least on intense. For a re-run, I'd say the subspace bomb factory(DK, Diddy, C. Falcon, and Olimar's version) is nearly impossible to go through without completely dying. You pretty much go through the level without ever being refreshed.

Bnzaaa

Smash Ace
Swamp was hard to redo a second time.

I had the most trouble with the part where you have Lucas and Pokemon Trainer; at the end you have to fight Charizard.

Entrant to Subspace was probably the hardest one overall though.

Bomb Factory on Intense was very frustrating on Intense.

Zeruel21

Smash Journeyman
The Entrance to Subspace for the first runthrough, Subspace Bomb Factory for redo. I still dread the massive fight before the escape...

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Subspace Bomb Factory, Entrance to Subspace,

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
The level where Marth, Ike and MK are introduced was a pain on intense.
It was a long level to begin with, the end section had a gust of wind knocking you backwards all the time, and it took me around half an hour to complete it.

SmashBrosForce

Smash Ace
I had Huge problems in Entrance To Subspace, cause is so Annoying this Level.

The Forest was a little bit Hard for me.

pacmansays

Smash Journeyman
The one with Samus and Pikachu collecting keys from separate rooms really caused me some trouble...

TheDarion

Smash Rookie
Yeah, I found ruins the hardest, as well. Then again, I n00bed my way through it first run, so that may be it.

Fire!

Smash Champion
NNID
Fire149
3DS FC
2809-9924-8928
Yea, Great Maze, but anything with that moving platform that forced you to fight opponents was freaking annoying...

kingcobra9

Smash Ace
well the great maze was impossible until i figured out that pause gave me a map i could refresh characters and generally what i was supposed to be doing...after that the entire thing was extremely simple

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
No one is mentioning the Battlefield Fortress. Jezz, that level is almost impossible the first time though. (Talking about Intense here).

fenyx4

Smash Journeyman
As of now, (I'm playing Brawl for first time and am about to enter the Ruins), I'd say The Cave is the hardest stage in SSE so far. This is my first time in the SSE, and I'm running through it on Hard Mode. ;) Sheesh...I didn't think The Cave would have that many traps, including all the darn rocks! But I narrowly escaped with Pit (using my last stock) who had somewhat-high damage.

But almost failing The Cave was partially my fault, I guess. I'm trying to get most of the Orange and Blue Boxes in one run-through. I think Link either got KO'd from high damage or was smushed. At one point, I sent Mario to get an Orange Box while a Stone Slab was descending, but he got smushed by the moving stone block after retrieving the box.
I switched to Yoshi and continued, but at one point I accidentally did side-B and Egg Rolled off the stage miserably. :mad: The Yoshi incident made me so mad!
And I only picked Yoshi because I was neglecting him at first, and wanted him to actually do something in the SSE. The only thing he's done is helped me get through a small part of The Cave; I doubt that I'll pick him again if he's just gonna Egg Roll like that...

2nd-hardest so far has been Research Facility 1. Those ROB Launchers are so annoying! I barely escaped with Pikachu on my last stock, and going through so many doors got disorienting and tiring quickly.

At least Pit and Pikachu have been useful so far in saving me, or else I would've lost a lot of Trophies and Stickers! I'm heading into the Ruins tonight, so I'll repost if I find any future stages more difficult than The Cave or Research Facility 1...
*gulps*

Titanium Dragon

Smash Journeyman
I have to agree with the chorus of "Subspace Bomb Factory on Intense, once you've beaten it once." That stage is a major pain in the rear, and Meta Ridley being at the end of it ensures that you get to do it on intense again and again and again to get his trophy...

UberMario

Smash Master
I have to agree with the chorus of "Subspace Bomb Factory on Intense, once you've beaten it once." That stage is a major pain in the rear, and Meta Ridley being at the end of it ensures that you get to do it on intense again and again and again to get his trophy...
Hint: When he goes off the top of the screen to slam down on the Falcon Flyer, throw your trophy stand upwards from the center. 99% chance of trophyfication if Meta has low health, AND it lands on the stage.

NessBrawler

Smash Cadet
well the only level I had trouble with on intense is the first stage with marth. Diddys not hard it you have a fan. Being preparedreally comes in handy. (it's cheap but so is a giant diddy kong)

I'm disappointed in myself for not being able to do much on Intense, I still need to learn.

But for me the Battlefield Fortress on Hard/Very Hard was extremely annoying for me, cannot imagine what it would be like on Intense *shudders*.
Entrance to Subspace was rather difficult as well.

Aus0115

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Aus0116
I dont like the level's where i have to be diddy,fox,and falco i sucked at those

Katapultar

Smash Lord
On intense, definitely The Battlefield Fortress. The Autolances are so EVIL. Especially with Meta Knight and Marth. No range attacks and almost no items spawn.

Master Knight DH

Smash Journeyman
On Intense? Battlefield Fortress. Oh GOD Battlefield Fortress.

On the first run, you have to deal with Marth and Meta Knight being melee fighters. I certainly do. Worse yet, since they're new, you can't give them any stickers. And Meta Knight is freaking situational unless you're absurdly adept because the enemies resist even being stunned at all. WHY CAN'T THE REGULAR CHARACTERS EVER DO THAT?!?!? THAT WOULD HELP FIX A FEW METAGAME ISSUES, BUT NO, THAT WOULD MAKE TOO MUCH SENSE!!!! *sigh* The 4th screen is misery because of how many obstacles you have to slog your way through. Do NOT have Marth as your second character, no matter how much trouble that will add to the third screen. You will need his Counter to destroy those fish pests, and you will need a stock in spare to get through that part.

I don't even want to imagine this if I do this on a second run. At least I have practice on Subspace Bomb Factory thanks to Meta Ridley having been a pain about his trophy.

Addendum (11:25 PM): I think SSE in general is bothersome, but here are a few spots of difficulty stupidity:
*Metal Primid group - what's that? Your current character is Pikachu instead of ZSS? -1 Stock for you. What? You're using ZSS? You win. Alternatively: what? You have no ranged-grab people? You lose. Game Over. Good day sir. Now go away. "You're an inhumane monste-" I SAID GOOD DAY!
*Giant Diddy Kong - dear lord, at least Kracko in Kirby's Dream Land 1 has an excuse. And his fight--*laughs hard*--wasn't so stupid--*still laughing, now banging on the floor like Lanky Kong in his death animation in DK64*--that it made no sense. *keeps laughing and banging on the floor in the same manner, as the letters "MKDH" iris out on him fairly quickly*
*The Can('t)yon - lose all 4 of your lives and restart the level. Of course, you have to contend with Giant Primids that are supporting a Roturret at the end. Might as well cheap that part out with Kirby's Final Spam Cutter and the terrain.
*Entrance to Subspace - again with the one screen level with the Giant Primids supported by giant enemies. Unfortunately, you can't even cheap the Giant Primid groups out this time. Tough beans, people.

Master Knight DH

Smash Journeyman
You were jumping on Goombas and Koopas O.o...That's basically what you had to do :lick:.

Then again, Mega Giant Shadow Diddy is a beast on intense. His attacks like, bring you up to 60-80% alone :dizzy:.
If I jumped on the Goombas and Koopas, the game typically punished me somehow. I don't get why jumping vulnerability hitboxes aren't bigger in the first place anyway.

And Giant Diddy is full of nonsensical fake difficulty. Just watch my video about it (that I added to my last post with a few others).

Shock0055

Smash Rookie
i had ALOT of hard/annoying times. but i think the great maze is the hardest, took me nearly 5 hours to figure out what i was supposed to do :chuckle:

The Brigand

Smash Cadet
On any difficulty other than Intense? Battlefield Fortress. It's just so god**** boring that I let my guard down way too often.

Intense? Entrance to Subspace. No question about it, that stage is ridiculous.

Top Bottom