• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Has anyone ever tried to adapt to using both Sheik and Zelda?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skyson

Smash Ace
Honestly. I toyed around with the idea. I main Sheik, but have a load more fun using Zelda. I started a match with Sheik, took out a stock, then transformed into Zelda.

I switched from Sheik to Zelda or vice-versa every time I lost a stock or took a stock out. It wasn't really that hard to do, and I could tell it became harder for my opponent to predict me because Zelda and Sheik play just a bit differently.

All I ever see are Sheik players who could care less about Zelda outside of her recovery, or Zelda players who may have, but never care to, venture into playing Sheik.

It's not illegal or anything to swap between the two in a tournament match, is it? They're two movesets set to one character. Nobody does it, but has anyone ever tried fluently moving between Zelda and Sheik? Just curious.

Gracen

Smash Cadet
Well I look at it as....Zelda is just too bad to even take a chance to pull out, some may change for recovery but...not me....she just can't hold her own when it comes to crunch time. Then if you switch and DON'T make it back...then you lose your upperhand because you have to switch back to her sometime....and that invincibility don't last forever!!!

Overswarm

is laughing at you
On certain matchups, like vs. Jiggs, it might be okay.

But really, it leaves you vulnerable and stuck. I'll switch between Zelda and Sheik in very certain areas, like when facing one IC at high damage (one grab from them when I'm sheik can be a lot of damage to me, one grab from them when I am Zelda is nothing, and Zelda can knock them out fine) or Jiggs at high damage (Jiggs has little, if any, approach against Zelda).

But really, there isn't much of a time to do it. Especially since most people can really only play one of the characters!

undyinglight

Smash Journeyman
Once in a local tournament I played a falco player and beat him at FD in the first match, after that he switched to Zelda in the character select screen(I was expecting Sheik since I main as Marth). His counterpick was Dreamland 64. To my suprise during the match he continually switched between Sheik and Zelda, and not just for recovery. It did throw me off slightly but I ended up two stocking him. If you main as Sheik I honestly don't see to much potenetial in it. Another time at a tournament I saw Rickety fighting a Samus player, Rickety was having trouble getting a kill on Samus who was at a fairly high precent, however this strategy did not work and he ended up switching back in order to get the kill with Sheik's fair.

einthesuperdog

Smash Journeyman
No it's not illegal, and yes most people don't do it because sheik is a much better character overall, but I think you should just play who you have fun playing with =) Is that so wrong? btw there's a long *** thread devoted to this topic, maybe you should look in there.

slacker!

Smash Journeyman
I mainly change to Zelda right after I knock someone off the stage with Sheik's fair.

For example, Ftilt/Dtilt->Fair->Down+B->Fair as they are recovering. It's somewhat flashy... I guess. It just looks cool to me and it's fun.

itwasluck13

Smash Rookie
I play sheik but every once in a while ill bust out those heels of steel and rock somebodys face!!! But other than spamming fairs zelda is just to slow to keep up with almost any other character. altough i have beaten many of my friends with her against falcos, foxs, ganons, and marths.

Terranrox

Smash Journeyman

Um I dunno... Sometimes I switch between them to only play casually but when I play in the small unofficial tournaments I only use sheik

megamanexev3

Smash Journeyman
If I'm hit by a killer attack, I use Zelda to get back on stage, then I use your uair (big fire explosion) to knock the guy edgeguarding away, then when I have a chance, switch to sheik.

nicaboy

Smash Champion
um ya i do but i dont transform in the middle of the match usually i play one or the other i main the both so ya. and actually in some small rare tournaments its ILLEGAL to transform between the two i dont know why

ZackInTheBox

Smash Rookie
Shiek is my main, and whenever I try to use zelda its always ended badly for me; the Fair and Uair have been the only things I've had any success with. I also dig her throws, too.

UNBlizzard

Smash Cadet
seibrik does it
and he can make it look impressive at times
though i would recommended sticking with sheik if you dont want to take any chances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom