• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Has anyone tried the Classic Controller?

I.T.P

Smash Ace
Yes, I've played mostly with it. It's very comfortable, I could do all I can do with the GC controller, and you can hear the character selection voices from the Wiimote, Like snake's "Showtime da!" or Fox's "Katate Koi!"

Lunaretic

Smash Apprentice
Good to hear. : ) Am probably going to try using it myself over the GC controller, if nothing else than for the wireless & shorter trigger pulls.

Doc Chronic

Smash Ace
see, i love the feel of the classic controller, very comfortable, but i think its so dam awkward with the wiimote dangling off the end that it deters me from using it

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
see, i love the feel of the classic controller, very comfortable, but i think its so dam awkward with the wiimote dangling off the end that it deters me from using it
I didn't actually know that before, now I'm even more put off :laugh:

I just don't think it looks nearly as awesome at the awesomness awesome GC pad of awesome.

NintendoWarrior

Smash Lord
The dangling part is the only thing I'm not sure about it. I have a Classic and 2 Wavebirds and can't decide which 2 I want to use for Brawl.

bylim5

Smash Journeyman
its good but i use the trad gc controller. i love the rumble over wireless!
feel the power. its not 'smash' unless u feel it.

VanillaMummy

Smash Journeyman
I might use the Classic or I may not. I only have one wireless GC controller and I'll be playing with my g/f and I hate having wires everywhere and the chance of the chord pulling out.

I.T.P

Smash Ace
the connection to the Wii-mote is BS, you can just wrap it around your wrist or stick it in your pocket or place it on the table, all of these work.

IMO the CC is much better than the GC

NintendoWarrior

Smash Lord
the connection to the Wii-mote is BS, you can just wrap it around your wrist or stick it in your pocket or place it on the table, all of these work.

I may give it a shot. How's the analogs feel?

marcusmash

Smash Rookie
If the dangling wiimote with the CC really bothers you that much you should look into one of these. I've got one and I really like it. The added prongs definitely make it more comfortable and the bracket gives you a place for the wiimote and its wire. The added weight makes it only a little heaver than a wavebird. I found mine at circuit city.

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
I've read the GCN controller is crappy simply because there's no real "analog" pressure anymore. It's all digital, since movements are now mapped for a D-pad. You have to slam down L and R, for example, rather than "lightly" press them.

Golem the Stern Father

Smash Champion
TyfighterLAND. Location#2: Illinois? Yeah.
Not yet, but word has it (and it usually does in a place like this) that the best controller to main is the classic controller. In my perspective, it's all about feel. I'm so used to playing melee, and the controls are practically the same, that I will use the Gamecube controller more often than others.

D

Deleted member

I'll be using the Wiimote & Nunchuck or the Classic Controller.

Just the Wiimote is too basic for me.

I never liked the GC controller much plus the WaveBird has difficulty reaching my Wii through our stone coffee table so we get interference.

Thrull

Smash Cadet
I've read the GCN controller is crappy simply because there's no real "analog" pressure anymore. It's all digital, since movements are now mapped for a D-pad. You have to slam down L and R, for example, rather than "lightly" press them.
If that's true, I'd say I'm almost sure I'd switch to the classic controller. Assuming the grip doesn't make my hands hurt and the Wiimote batteries last long enough.

ExitMoose

Smash Rookie

I just put mine on the table or on the couch next to me. It's really not an issue.

Plus, I've never liked the button layout on the GC controller. It's hard to transition from X or Y to B. The CC takes all the great parts about the SNES controller and the better parts of the GC controller and puts them together (actually, it kind of rips off the playstation design, but that's another debate :laugh: ).

Top Bottom