• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Has Yoshi's Island saved your life?

Tylerfxm

Smash Rookie
NNID
twixfxm
3DS FC
0447-6758-8304
This yoshis island stage is truley amazing. Saved my life severaly times.

I'm sure you are all familiar with that ghost looking thing that randomly pops up witha platform and saves you from a certain doom.

I think it's hilarious when your brawling very serious and someone very upset with you attempts to gimp you on that stage. And the intercept completely fails thanks to our lovely friend.

Kinda reminds me of the turtle from termina bay in melee. That thing saved my life as well.

If the turtle from termina or the platform from yoshis island has saved your life or gotten you angry because it caused you to lose. I'd love to hear the stories :laugh:

n88

Smash Lord
This has happened to me. The same thing could happen at Great Bay in Melee (the turtle).

On both stages, I have only ever been rescued when playing as Samus.

Hmmm

Smash Rookie
Omg, no... But it has saved the computer's life...

I was playing as falco and I spiked Ike with 124%. I though he was dead but right after I spiked him, the platform popped up and saved him...

grrr.... I still love that stage, though :)

Lustar

Smash Cadet
Yoshi's Island did save me before. It also saved a computer Ivysaur I was fighting.

Vecayse

Smash Apprentice
Yes happend to me when I was playing as Ike for fun. I was meant to do his side B but some how me being the ****** person I am.. I up B'd instead and as he was going down the platform came up. I wtf'd and my friend got annoyed lol.

InfernoAce

Smash Cadet
I accidentally did a Pikmin throw, leaving me with 3. t couldn't reach the stage, but then the platform came up.

It also saved a CPU Yoshi once on me. I was new at the game, so I thought it was Yoshi's recovery. <_<

day-day

Smash Ace
It has once where I was whooping my opponent offstage with Sonic then I u-aired killed him and I had no way to get back on the stage. Luckily the little platform thing came and I landed on that at the last second.

GALE 14

Smash Journeyman
i was outside with snake then my friend (marth) jump out and hit me with a meteorsmash (dair)

but suddenly the platform came and safe my life

xxDDDD

Tianxiazhai

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, i love it when im trying to pk thunder and it screws up my position and either hits the platform on launches me somewhere i definetly dont want to go.

MJG

Smash Hero
It rarely saves my life.

I dont like playing on the stage as it is since the stage hinders my character.

It has gimped lucas/ness mains pretty frequently XD.

I hate the stage >.>. I always strike this stage first in tourneys

BrianTheLion

Smash Journeyman
it saved me when in peach and in my parasol and float over the place where the platform comes out and hope it comes up

GLAMBERT

Smash Rookie
Yoshi Island never saved my life. I love Yoshi tho!!! I love Adam Lambert...what if he was on that game?>

Terra~

Smash Journeyman
This stage messes up stuff as much as it saves, it's funny in the end though :)!

I hate the stage, I had two opponents both at 100%+, I used Meta Knight's D-tilt and I just managed to knock both offstage, then the platform came... :mad:.
It did not come for me when I flew into helpless state trying to get back on stage.
And then it came up AGAIN when I had knocked one off, thankfully however he flew off much too fast.
Although I did win the match, there have been numerous other times when that platform saves my opponents.

A17

Smash Ace
NNID
Okrapaeli
saved a few computers.

My friend was up in the air above it as ness, and decided to use PK thunder. I thought he was going to recover, but instead he directed the electrical ball at me and he plummets to his death because the island descended. I asked him why he suicided and he said he thought it would still be there.

I died about 3 times in total because I tried to land on it just as it starts to make its way down. Now I simply never rely on it, i ignore it completely. So no, It's probably never saved me before.

Kantō

Smash Champion
i like when it saves my life, but i usually works to oppenents advantage more than mine for some reason, luck is a funny thing

BombKirby

Smash Journeyman
No...it always has let me down...just as Chansey has...at Poke Floats!

**** U CHANSEY! WHY HAVE U BETRAYED ME!

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
It happened to me once. I was fighting a mario and you know how kirby is all floaty right? Well the mario decided to gimp me by meteor smashng me. Lets say the ghost thingy popped up and I got smashed against the ghost. Lets say my friend was really mad and I ended smashing him off the stage :chuckle: A similar thing also happened to me on the melee island. I again got meteor smashed and that little cloud thingy came and saved my life. But when I smashed I bounced off so back onto the stage so hard that I actually bumped into my friend and he ended getting KO'D and losing. I started cracking up. I cant believe that actually happened to me :chuckle:

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
7 times out of 10 I can CALL the support ghost to save me. The other 3 I fall to my death and he shows up like, 3 seconds later.

127crazie

Smash Journeyman
rarely. if it does pop up and I'm having trouble recovering, I usually fall just short of it. (like with Link)

Shock0055

Smash Rookie
this place HATES me, i spike some1, they get saved. I get spiked, i never get saved :\

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"
Not really, maybe a few times when my recovery didn't make or a suicide Spike.

Top Bottom