• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Has your Charizard play style changed from 3DS to WiiU? How so?

Udlr Customs

Smash Apprentice
NNID
UDLR Hanzo
I had to change my grabbing from Z to L because I got used to the 3DS I also Down Smash so much more effectively! Flare Blitz misfires dont happen anymore either! I'll be taking more risk

Knee Smasher

Smash Ace
NNID
UltimateChampion
3DS FC
2594-9924-0738
I won't be getting the Wii U version until next week, but I'll be using Rock Smash a lot more simply because on the 3DS, the circle pad often results in me involuntarily turning around when I use this move, something that doesn't happen with the GameCube controller's control stick.

Other than that, I don't think much will change. One of the main reasons why I decided to main Charizard in the 3DS version of this game was because of how little it relies on the C-stick for effective play, especially compared to two other characters I use, Captain Falcon and Yoshi.

YeahVeryeah

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4184-3623-5583
I am missing rock smash a lot more. I think I learned how to space wrong, because my skills have not transferred to the big screen (yet)

-LzR-

Smash Hero
I'm going to love retreating Fair when I get my hands on the WiiU version.

SkyboundTerror

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SkyboundTerror
3DS FC
0559-6972-5367
I'm more aggressive now than I was before on the 3DS due to controller size. That's it, really.

Tmacc

Smash Lord
I'm a LOT more precise with spacing and my off-stage game has gotten much better.
It's also much easier to B-reverse things like Rock Smash.

Top Bottom