• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hasbro Game Night FIGHT! - The Final Season

Yes to all Assists, but especially Orko, Ken, and Hot Spot.
  1. AlteredBeast's Collector's Edition - Frankly, I'd shell out the extra cash if it means I'd get EVERYTHING this offers.
  2. Northsouthmap's Collector's Edition - Call me crazy, but his offer feels more robust than mine is.
Golden Statue Nominees

I nominate Uncle Moneybags from Monopoly to be a Golden Statue.
Rich Uncle Pennybags Monopoly Stocks Painting by Chosen Art | Saatchi Art

Somehow or other, it just makes too much sense to essentially turn him into a giant Monopoly token.

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Yes to all assists except Freddy Funko. I don't know how Freddy work as an assist.

1. Northsouthmap
2. My Collector's Edition

Duel Masters Stage

Temple Stadium

ezgif-1-3325d5f019.jpg

This stage is based on a recurring location in the first season of the Duel Masters anime. I can envision it having a layout similar to Melee Pokémon Stadium. If we have a hazard toggle, there would be various dragons and other monsters from the Duel Masters card game that come onto the stage as hazards disrupting your fight!

Hello Kitty Stage

Sanrio Store and Hello Kitty Cafe

Sanrio-store-in-China.jpg

While Sanrio Park is an amazing idea for a stage, why don't we go for a store as Hello Kitty's stage? It would be a stage with walkoffs where various Hello Kitty/Sanrio merchandise appear. You can break the stands for items. It will then travel to a section for the Hello Kitty cafe where tons of food will be there just to heal you as it is a cafe after all!

Golden Statue

Mr. Potato Head

ezgif-5-231e71ce11.jpg

The toy that made Hasbro a household name. Technically, the first toy the Hassenfeld Brothers made a part of the Hasbro family when the company purchased Mr. Potato Head from George Lerner. He's that important so he should get a Golden Statue.

PinkFlare

Previously 1SecondNinja
Quick update: Thread's not dead, but I'm super busy and I can't really worry about it right now. Expect the final jobs to be in April, ideally early April, and the thread will be finished before that month's end

PinkFlare

Previously 1SecondNinja
BEGINNING OF THE END
It's taken us quite a while to reach this point, but we finally did.

First thing's first: By default, Temple Stadium will be the Duel Masters stage included alongside the main character, whoever he is, Shinobi or something. Congratulations AlteredBeast AlteredBeast !

However, we have 2 Hello Kitty Stages we need to compare for a vote.
Sanrio Park darkvortex darkvortex
Sanrio Store and Hello Kitty Cafe! AlteredBeast AlteredBeast

Since there's only 2 options, we'll go ahead and strawpoll it!

Additionally, as far as I'm aware, all the assists got a majority yes, despite a couple No's. All of them will make it through, and as far as I'm aware that will be our last batch of assist characters!

I'm going to be leaving the Golden Statue nominations open for a little while longer. For a quick refresher, these are very coveted slots for who will be featured as a collectible Statue in the Collector's Edition of the game; Thus far, only Optimus Prime has been given this honor, and our 2 current nominees are Rich Uncle Pennybags and Mr. Potato Head. Both good options, but for those who haven't yet done so, go ahead and nominate a character currently on the roster that you feel also deserves it.

Oh, and of course, congratulations to AlteredBeast AlteredBeast because his pitch for the Ultimate Collector's Edition of HGNF won the vote!

Now, for the real meat and potatoes of today's post...
NEW JOB

...Okay, enough stalling on my part.
Job: Nominate one more Hasbro character to be a playable fighter
No rules for this one. As long as they're owned by Hasbro and not already playable, they're game.

I'll be leaving this job open today and tomorrow to let the nominations roll in. Until then, see you all near the end of the road.

One final Hasbro character, and with no strings attached? I'm going out on a high note.

I nominate Discord from My Little Pony.
Discord | Character Profile Wikia | Fandom

Yes, he's already a boss. Yes, MLP has been represented mostly by Gen 4 by this point. Yes, it isn't a new franchise. But for crying out loud, I need some kind of punching bag for what Discovery has done to Warner Bros., and he fits the bill perfectly.

Oh, and he has limitless powers at his disposal, too.

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Resubmitting Leoric (Visionaries) to complete the IDW Hasbroverse representation.

Alright, well, as promised, it's time I show off a pick from a Hasbro IP that has been very overlooked in this case and very obscure. To complete the collection of 80s Hasbro IPs and the IDW Hasbroverse....

Leoric (Visionaries: Knights of The Magical Light)

View attachment 382762

The leader of the Spectral Knights himself, Leoric is here to join the Game Night Fight! Visionaries: Knights of The Magical Light was a series that ran for only one year being 1987. There was a toyline of action figures and vehicles but...the future releases planned for 1988 got canned quickly. However, Visionaries has also got a crossover comic miniseries with the Transformers themselves for five issues in 2018. So yeah...it's understandable why this Hasbro IP is very obscure and unknown to most.

Now, about Leoric, he is the leader of the Spectral Knights that hails from the futuristic society of Prysmos where all citizens are forced to rely on ancient magic to survive as all known technology has shut down for good. The Visionaries are knights who are split into two different factions: the heroic Spectral Knights and the evil Darkling Lords. If one wishes to be a Visionary, they must partake in a competition put forth by the wizard Merklynn which tests your survival, you are rewarded an unique animal totem affixed to your chestplace. Leoric's animal is a lion.

I feel Leoric should join Hasbro: Game Night Fight as I do feel Visionaries deserves more exposure despite the live-action movie being in VERY development hell alongside him having a super cool gameplay style that will feel VERY DLC-esque. Visionaries is one of the last Hasbro IPs needed to complete the whole IDW universe if I remember correctly so there's that too for completion-ish sake. Therefore, the leader himself is the one to choose.

Leoric would be a bit of a zoner with some rushdown capabilities with his staff for quick animal-themed attacks. He would also be a middle weight towards the heavier side. He will have a Monado-Arts-esque gimmick with the various Spectral Knights where he is able to call one to his aid that grants him something. For example, Galadria can be called to heal him, Feryl can summon fire attacks, Cryotek can summon a bear that offers massive knockback to foes, etc. However, magic comes at a cost and each Visionary will need time to recharge.

Overall, an obscure pick that can be relatively fun here.

PinkFlare

Previously 1SecondNinja
Resubmitting Gingka once again.
Job: DLC Character
GINGKA HAGANE
Franchise: Beyblade
WHO?
Going back to the Takara well of characters, I decided to dig up another character from the Beyblade series, one that would be a companion to a recently included Boss character; That brings me to one of the most popular protagonists in the series' history: Gingka Hagane, from the Metal Saga era of Beyblade, consisting of 4 shows: Metal Fusion, Metal Masters, Metal Fury, and Shogun Steel, for which Gingka is the lead.

While Tyson Granger may have popularity in this thread already due to DreamMix TV, Gingka might be the fan-favorite protagonist from the shows and has a huge repertoire behind him that would warrant a fighter inclusion; In fact Gingka has far surpassed Tyson to earn the title of #1 Blader in the World in his own series, and become a protector of Earth, saving the world on atleast 3 separate occasions, with his most famous battle being against, of course, Nemesis, who in this instance was represented by... Rago!
WOULD HE FIGHT DIFFERENTLY FROM TYSON?
Absolutely, yes. While Tyson's main Beyblade is Dragoon, a legendary Bit-Beast, Gingka is most known for utulizing the Beyblade Pegasus, for which he used multiple in the different series with different abilities attached to each. Mixing all 4 Pegasi, his list of possible attacks include:
  • Starblast Attack
  • Tornado Wing
  • Meteor Shower Attack
  • Cosmic Tornado
  • Storm Bringer
  • Galaxy Nova
  • Super Cosmic Nova
  • Shining Wind
  • Stardust Driver
Each attack is based on creating storms through wind and heat, or bending the cosmos to create high powered energy attacks, many of which come from creating Galaxies mid-fight for single strike attacks. In terms of combat I would say he's overqualified.
WHY GINGKA?
Simply put, I think Beyblade has gone quite a bit without a second character, despite the options being there; I feel like stretching out into more Takara series and expanding what we currently have with Beyblade, which is by no means an obscure 1-character series, is a good move given we have the extra characters. Also, since we do have a Rago boss fight, I feel its only fair to include some proper Beyblade Metal content, since he has no interaction with the Original Series content currently in the game, and given Gingka was the one who defeated him in battle... its only logical, ya know?
Wanna give a chance to a Beyblade icon here.

Gonna leave the job open until tomorrow; For those who still haven't submitted a character, you got time! We could still use a Power Ranger or two, y'know!

Also...
Vecna in DBD? Holy sh*t, guys!

Top Bottom