• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Have you been getting less lag?

ForteX

Smash Journeyman
I almost feel like this is the stupidest question I'll ever ask, but I also feel it's needed.

Have you been getting less lag, in general, in Brawl? For some reason, I have. My connection is the same as it's always been.

Cable Intertubes
Netgear wireless/wired router
Lan Adapter

But for some reason, after Mario Kart came out, the lag got better. And I'm not talking about just in vs friend matches, but in vs anyone matches as well, almost completely lag free. At first, it was the same, maybe a bit better, but nothing noticeable. But then, it started getting much better, and lately, I have only had laggy vs friend matches with people who admit it's their connection.

So, what could be the cause of this? Everyone and his brother switching over to the Mario Kart server? Or has Nintendo attempted to answer our prayers and made a better Wifi connection? Or am I the only one who this is happening to, which would mean I'm either crazy, or extremely lucky?

Psiklone

Smash Cadet
For me, the opposite has been happening since the last couple of weeks. My lag has gotten worse, and all of the connection dots that were green are now red.

And no, nothing has been changed with my connection.

Esoteric

Smash Apprentice
I actually kind of have, and I have the same exact internet setup as you. Can't really say anything about Mario Kart since I don't have it yet. Random 4v4's have been noticeably smoother especially.

xX Boezy Xx

Smash Journeyman
Huh.. now that I think about it, the lag does seem to be getting better. I never really noticed though :/. As for the answer to this sudden clearing of lag, I'm as lost as you are.

ForteX

Smash Journeyman
The only thing that has made me think about it was a rumor I saw on Nintendo's Support Forums, someone said that Nintendo was fixing the online system to be more lag free. But he wasn't staff, and in fact just wanted someone to confirm that rumor for him. To my knowledge, no one ever did. Now, I do wonder if that's true. Of course, I'm not expecting no lag whatsoever. That's asking for something almost impossible, but as it is right now, if there truly is any lag, it's next to unnoticeable.

It could be that Nintendo's dropping support of their WiFi connector has prompted more people to get the Lan Adapter, leading to everyone doing their part to reduce server lag in general with data interference, but for some reason, I doubt that, since many people already used Wireless routers in the first place.

AlexKZ

Smash Rookie
I've got considerably less lag within the past few weeks. Now instead of crashing every few matches, I only crash once or twice a day. Much better now.

Blazer

Smash Ace
come to think of it, yeah it has been getting a bit better, then again, I might just have found the right position for the aluminum foil too. Lol.

brawlmaniac

Smash Lord
Well I'm hoping to get a LAN adaptor to use for playing online. I used a Nintendo Wi-Fi USB Connector before, and that's really slow... I've heard that you get less lag with the LAN adaptors so that's what I'm going to try.

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
I didn't really notice until I read this post, but yeah. Before, bad-lag meant it was IMPOSSIBLE to play. I couldn't even pause and quit.

Now, it just means that I have to concentrate a little harder to spike people.

Must be the added server space.

Top Bottom