• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Have you ever cried while watching a movie or tv show

Mr.Bazerkus

Smash Journeyman
Have you ever cried while watching a movie or TV show. If so what was it, and if you can explain why it was so sad. I don't cry usually when I watch a movie, but I think its great when a movie can touch your emotions like that.

Elucifur

Smash Apprentice
I cry whenever I watch something with a woman dying by something other than a murder. Like Up, Clannad, etc. It doesn't matter how old they are, I still cry when women die.

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Pokemon: The First Movie. I kid you not..... I was little, what do you expect?! The part at the end just got me...... ;-;
Memoirs of a Geisha.
Raise the Red Lanturn.
Curse of the Golden Flower.
The Green Mile.

Movies I've seen a hundred times but still cry over:
The Lion King. (Y'all know which part I'm talkin' about.)
Homeward Bound.
Bambi.
The rain scene in The Fox and the Hound.

I think that's it. Lame, but I don't really cry over "serious" stuff. I've cried over random tv shows, but I don't remember which.

Mr.Bazerkus

Smash Journeyman
Freedom Writors- At first it kind of depressing because these kids have no chance of getting a education, but the tears come in when there teacher is able to break through their shells, and it able to unite them and show them how much they are alike.

hat!

Smash Apprentice
Oh god yes.
The first time I cried was in 2nd grade, Black Beauty (a movie about horses).
I got so into the story I couldn't help but to cry ;-;
I tried to pull off the whole "something in my eye" thing, but they saw through it.
Needless to say my "sensitivity" got me in with the ladies ^_^

More recently I cried during the Scrubs Finale ;-;
One of me and my friend's ALL-Time favorite series. I loved every bit of it.
I was alone that time so sadly no ladies >_>

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Pokemon First Movie: I was young and it was sad.
Sawshank Redemption: Both with what happens to the old convict who ran the prison library and at the end of the movie. Great ending.
Wal-E: Yes, I've got no defence for this one. I could just seriously see us screwing the hell out of the earth. Just watching the wasteland that the planet had become got to me a tad.
Futurama, 4th movie/Last episode of Season 5: It was the end of an awesome show, and the end of S5 was sweet.

.Marik

is a social misfit
I've never cried during a movie.

I rarely cry over anything, for that matter.

Black Waltz

Smash Champion
Almost cried during I Am Legend, when Neville had to kill Sam; mainly because I have a German Shepherd that I love dearly.

StinkomanFan

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2724-2849-3244
I cried during 2001: A space odyssey, Eraserhead, Do the Right Thing, Digimon: The Movie, Big, Forrest Gump, Pokemon the movie, and Up.

Blazer

Smash Ace
Radio. I cried twice. The end, and when they lock him in the equipment room. Saddest/funny movie ever imo. I'm kinda desensitized now though so it's more funny just not that part...
Also I choke up during Click and Forrest Gump. Click, the obvious part, Forrest Gump when he asks about if his son is like him.

zrky

Smash Lol'd
Almost cried during I Am Legend, when Neville had to kill Sam; mainly because I have a German Shepherd that I love dearly.
Same here, except I don't have a german shepard, but they are some of my favorite dogs.

Strangely I've cried in both endings of the main stories for the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon games:ohwell: they are so emotional!

I can't think of any other time I've cried during a game TV show or movie, I'm sure I have though.

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
People who don't want spoilers really shouldn't read this thread....... x.o

Or people should start using the dang spoiler tag.

Scott!

Smash Lord
I've come close, but I always hold it in. It was really close for Up though. That entire opening back story bit, knowing how it would end, it was just so depressing.

.Marik

is a social misfit
Disregard what I said before. I cried once, after seeing a really sad part of some movie I watched as a kid.

It was about three animals, two dogs and one cat, and they can talk to each other?

I forget the name, but I got really upset when the little cat fell off the top of the waterfall. :'[

Since I watched it at a daycare, I waited until my mom put me back into the car, and then I bawled my eyes out. The cat was saved by some farmer at the bank, but seeing the little feline all helpless and falling, wet, alone, and scared... it really shook me, since I love cats. God, I still get sad over that and I'm 16.

Besides that, I've never cried or come close to crying while watching a movie.

GOD!

Smash Ace
Disregard what I said before. I cried once, after seeing a really sad part of some movie I watched as a kid.

It was about three animals, two dogs and one cat, and they can talk to each other?
Sounds like Homeward Bound to me.

I cried at the end of Armageddon and at the end of Lord of the Rings. Whenever a woman dies I can take it, but when the main person is a stud (Bruce willis) it's tough.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
Either not in so long I've completely forgotten, or not at all.

However I'd felt deeply moved by films and TV shows and felt serious emotional intensity, which I really don't view as any different. Crying is just a glandular reaction that accompanies emotional responses to stimuli, after all.

(or a natural occurrence that flushes the eye of outside agents but that's irrelevant heh)

urdailywater

Smash Hero
For some reason, movies don't tend to make me cry unless something innocent has to die.

And even then I don't cry. I just feel my insides tearing up. Blegh.

Some movies, that probably already been mentioned:

The Green Mile
John Q.
Sam's death in I Am Legend

There are probably a lot more that I can't think of off the top of my head.

I would say Pokemon: The First Movie, but that's like, a given. Seriously.

Below post reminded me of Pursuit of Happyness.
For some reason, any movie with Will Smith crying gets me a bit emotional too.

The Phazon Assassin

Smash Champion
Let's see, first time I saw E.T., I cried. There was this Disney Channel movie called Tru Confessions that got to me, and I Am Sam got my eyes a little watery.

I haven't seen Seven Pounds, but I hear that's a tear jerker. I didn't see all of Pursuit of Happiness, but that was pretty emotional, too.

LLDL

Smash Hero
when i was like 6 i saw the first rugrats movie. I teared up at the part where Tommy is about to poor the baby food on dill LOL. Thats about the most emotion i've shown while watching a movie. Now that im older, I just watch movies to laugh, meaning i prefer action or comedy.

Patinator

Smash Champion
Actually... Yeah. I teared up a bit at the end of the final episode of M*A*S*H (The show; I've never seen the movie.). To see Hawkeye and BJ split apart, that was a part of it, but I was watching the end of one of the most popular and even famous television shows... Sad indeed. :/

Wiscus

(◕ω◕✿)
3DS FC
3840-5663-0679
.....Er..Lets see, I cried hard at Grave of the Fireflys and REAL HARD because of the t.v. seriers Uprising.
also
the older animation (early 90's) of Charlotte's Web still makes me cry. Charlotte was awesome ;A; I love whoever voiced her....
And a few other things that I'm not going to mention *cough*Shawshank Redemption*cough* Books have made me cry far more than television or movies.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKvuj9lAfCc&feature=related

Chaco

Never Logs In
I got a little choked up during Marley and Me. I was watching it with my dog right next to me. :/

Mr. Rogu

Smash Ace
i almost started to cry when i saw Up, not gonna lie. At the beginning of the movie *SPOILERS*, the guys wife dies and after all those great years of being together, shes suddenly gone and the guy just goes back to his house and is all alone now.

Wuss

Smash Champion
Dead Poets Society and Finding Neverland both made me cry. The endings could not have been more perfectly sad, you know? Excellent movies as well, everyone should see them.

OutlawStar

Smash Apprentice
I saw Finding Neverland, but it was so long ago I probably missed the importance.

Up was a great movie, and sad, but I never have cried during movies, I know it is strange,but I want to. I feel like a senseless fool, like I am missing the message.
Oh well, I am young.

If I had seen Cowboy Bebop's last episode now...I probably would.

I have seen really touching things though, Trigun, Outlaw Star,
and some Final Fantasy games.

I think I have cried because something great ended, maybe
Final Fantasy 9 or 10.

The Phazon Assassin

Smash Champion
Since the subject of games popped up, I cried a few tears of happiness at the end of Luigi's Mansion. Something about that whole "brotherly love" and bonding thing. Always being there for each other...

I wish I had a brother. :(

Moy

Where's the coffee cake?
Slippi.gg
MOY#56
Eight Below was really sad.

I also had two huskies who passed a while ago. Made me kinda think of em.

My mom couldn't stop crying. I just got depressed.

[oni]LoKo

Smash Journeyman
I kinda cried at the end of American Beauty...just because this guy sacrifices everything for his family, and no one seems to know he exists..and just when he thinks he has gotten everything he wanted, switched his life around well..no spoilers, but for those of you who see it know

And yes, Grave of the Fireflies did make me Q.Q as well..reminded me of my sister and being in college, it made me realize how much i -do- miss my siblings

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
I've never bawled, but I've teared up several times during Lost, once during the ROTK (in like my eight time seeing it, strangely enough).

The music video for "Since I left you" by the avalanches made me cry. That's probably one of the best and most haunting/uplifting and sad music video I've ever seen.

.CMW.

Smash Apprentice
I've cried during Phantom of the Opera. The story is unique yet hauntingly common. Everyone has a little phantom in them.

Otherwise, I don't cry much...The song Vermillion Part Two by Slipknot gets me. And I cried on 9/11 watching the news all day.

.CMW.

Top Bottom