• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Have you ever gotten a JV3?

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
For those who don't know, a JV is when you beat your opponent with 0% and a specific number of stocks. So in this case, you won a For Glory match without taking damage at all.

Have you accomplished this? I've gotten a few.

:4falcon:vs. :4fox:
This match ended in about 40 seconds. The Fox got knee'd when he tried to side-b back to the stage, and he got spiked on his last stock.

:4diddy:vs. :4dk:
I was messing around with Diddy before the patch and got paired with this Donkey Kong that basically didn't know anything. He got hoo-hah'd to death.

Two examples that kind of count
:4falcon:vs. :4falcon:
He was getting destroyed for most of his first stock and I ended up spiking him really low, but I made it back to the stage with a wall jump. This probably pissed him off because he SD'd the next stock.

:4sonic: vs. :4link:
He got thrown offstage and made it back to the ledge. He kept doing the getup attack, and I showed him about 7 times why this was a bad idea before he changed it up. He got thrown offstage again and I ended up hitting him with a bair right when his recovery started. He SD'd the next stock.

Last edited:

Xanthous

Smash Cadet
I have quite a few times, but I have no clue how many cause I've played too much For Glory to keep track. Usually it's because I'm playing R.O.B. and people think the gyro is some sort of witchcraft they'e never seen before.

Still~Wolf

Embwace Twanquility
I got one a while ago when I was practicing jab-lock. I basically tried doing it near the ledge to this Bowser Jr player, he fell off, messed up his recovery. Then, when he tried to recover AGAIN, I just gimped him. He wasn't bad, but he did NOT use his recovery well.

•Saıls•

Smash Champion
NNID
Sailings
3DS FC
3325-2973-6688
No, but my friend sent me a replay where he JV3'd this Mewtwo with his amazing Palutena... tho, the Mewtwo sorta rage quitted on his last stock around 80%

Oops, mobile.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
Twice.

1st time
:4myfriends: vs :4shulk: on 3DS. Match ended in about 40 seconds. The other player wasn't nearly as experienced, so I don't really count this as an accomplishment.

2nd time
:4myfriends: vs :4peach: on 3DS. Again, ended in about 40 seconds. Got an early spike then pushed her off stage and landed an Aether spike really early. My foe this time was much more experienced, but was just having an off game that round.

EDIT: I have now added a third time.

:4falco: vs :4dk: on Wii U. Reasonably skilled foe who I happened to out play the entire match. Previous battle was much closer, but the following one ended in 40 seconds with my foe not being able to properly get his footing.

EDIT2: And a fourth time.

:4myfriends: vs :4ness: on 3DS. Foe was just outplayed the entire battle. You can find the replay uploaded, search Ike 1 on 1 videos on Brinstar. It's named "perfect"

Last edited:

Fluidityt

Smash Apprentice
NNID
cronot7
EDIT: foot in mouth as corrected by bluetext guy below!

No, I've not had a perfect game. Because I always flub it up whenever I get close and excited.

Last edited:

Still~Wolf

Embwace Twanquility
This is not how you use JV. This would be called getting a "Perfect"

JV is when you lose X amount of stocks, then win without taking damage.

Example, 2 stock game, I die then win the round at 0%. Jv 2 stock.

It can't be a JV 3 stock, because that would mean that there were 4 stocks to begin with.

Unless I'm completely wrong, but I've never heard it used any other way that described above.

No, I've not had a perfect game. Because I always flub it up whenever I get close and excited.
Yeah, this is more classed under a perfect than anything.

Metalbro

ILikePirates
NNID
SwiftJaws
Switch FC
SW-4480-4128-0819
This is not how you use JV. This would be called getting a "Perfect"

JV is when you lose X amount of stocks, then win without taking damage.

Example, 2 stock game, I die then win the round at 0%. Jv 2 stock.

It can't be a JV 3 stock, because that would mean that there were 3 stocks to begin with.

Unless I'm completely wrong, but I've never heard it used any other way that described above.

JV3 and perfect are the same thing. In melee people usually call a perfect game a JV5 even when there are 4 stocks initially so It just passed down.

Last edited:

Nexin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Nexinitus
Excluding rage quits, only once. Even if there is an extreme skill difference between me and my opponent, it is extremely difficult to get a JV3 on FG with Palutena unless I'm at the top of my game and my opponent is performing unnaturally poorly. It doesn't help that FD is one of Palutena's worst stages in most matchups.

Anyways, the only time that I ever JV3ed somebody was in a Palutena vs Mario matchup. The Mario player recovered too low and lost his first stock pretty early. He lost his second stock when I cornered him at one edge of the stage and threw him off, at which point I edge guarded him until he was eventually gimped.

Sean²

Smash Capitalist
Switch FC
SW-7479-8539-5283
I don't think I've ever gotten one. I usually end up hitting myself with the can at least once during a game.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I don't really remember if I had that sort of experience. I just play the game and some random **** happens.

Nixon Corral

Southland Scion
NNID
Nixon_Corral
I think maybe once or twice. I've had quicker victories where I did take a little damage, though.

Nexin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Nexinitus
I just JV3ed a Mewtwo with Zelda in 15 seconds. He never completely realized that using confusion to reflect a shadow ball that had already been reflected at point blank was a bad idea, cause he zero to deathed himself with it twice.

D

Deleted member

I fought a terrible Little Mac with Luigi and got a JV3 on him.

Mac ain't no air fighter indeed.

D

Deleted member

lol, just bait them to go for side B and watch them plummet.
for glory macs are pretty simple.
Unfortunately for me, I never encounter the terrible Little Macs. :(
I always encounter ones that are either decent or really good.

Still~Wolf

Embwace Twanquility
Unfortunately for me, I never encounter the terrible Little Macs. :(
I always encounter ones that are either decent or really good.
That's... odd :crazy:
I've only ever come across two notable players in general on For Glory, personally :dizzy:

Duplighost

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3239-5360-8490
Got one today, actually. A typical Captain Falcon player was spamming his special moves and managed to Falcon Kick off a ledge twice... just from me baiting him to the ledge. When he came back the next match, he did the same thing once, then just SD'd to get the fight over with.

Cannot wait until the day that I meet an extremely good and unique Captain Falcon player.

Jaimy

Smash Rookie
NNID
Jaimy_18
3DS FC
5086-3025-4977
Never two-stocked someone perfectly in For Glory. However, I finished a couple of matches with 0% in which the opponent would SD on their second stock. That doesn't really count as a JV3, imo.

failsnail99

Smash Cadet
I got one only once
:4shulk: vs.:4mewtwo:
I got a gimp in on smash mode and i just did the strong counter on his fully charged shadow ball while still in smash mode. He left afterwards.

Last edited:

TheKingWalnut

Smash Apprentice
I've gotten a few, here's a memorable one
:4littlemac:vs:4littlemac:
I rushed him, knocked him off stage, and then dsmash guarded and he died. I then proceeded to do the same thing next stock.

I also got a technical one
:4falcon:vs:4wario:
I was doing the Alpharad new For Glory tech (falcon dash grab and grab release on the edge of the stage) and it worked very well and he just sort of fell down and then SD'd the next the next stock.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
I got one while fighting a :4samus: as :4wario: a while back, and earlier today I got one while fighting a :4kirby: as :4luigi:.

I know it doesn't count, but I saw an amazing replay of a random :4luigi:who got a JV3 on a :4shulk: in about 30 seconds. He took his last stock with a taunt kill.

FP-Takyon

Smash Apprentice
I got one on a little mac once as ganondorf, match lasted 16 seconds. I warlock punched him to take the first stock, and he immediately side-b'd my shield right off the ledge.

Muskrat Catcher

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0748-4100-0093
I'm still waiting for one I feel good about, as in my opponent actually tried (no matter how futile) the entire way through. I have gotten the ones that kinda count:
:4dedede: vs :4zelda: I was doing some nice combos when she just SD'd twice in a row
:4dedede: vs :4littlemac: I literally just spat him off the edge twice. I won't take it as a skill based JV3
:4charizard: vs :4charizard: He dittoed me because he won the last match and got cocky. I got off one good combo, and he obviously had no idea how to recover as zard, and died way to early. He immediately SD'd his next stock
:4ganondorf: vs :4falcon: This one I actually am proud of. The falcon charged me, I grabbed him, threw him off the ledge behind me, and D-air spiked him. On his next stock, the falcon just walked to the other side of the stage, pondered life for a moment, then SD'd. I totally feel proud of that, but still won't call it a JV3.

There are more, but they weren't memorable at all, nothing to be proud of

Honorable mention:
:4dedede: vs :4shulk: I came so close to a JV3! I was playing perfectly, and he was making mistakes everywhere, but he was still trying and knew how to play. The entire match I took one hit, when he countered one of my attacks.

PSA to anyone about to get JV3'd: don't SD. Either go down fighting, or give your opponent the satisfaction they deserve for playing so well.

Last edited:

Jellydino

Smash Cadet
I got a few

:4pikachu: vs :4zss: Zero skill spamus kept trying to do the usual stuff that they always attempt with stuns and grabs all the time and I just kept getting the fthrow dash into neutral a for resets along with the dthrow combos and zoning away from ledge with my neutral b. It ended with him changing his name to insult me for using Pikachu then he just spent the next match spamming taunts and when he couldn't taunt anymore, he kept SDing.

:4peach: vs :4littlemac:Typical Alpharad video material.

:4palutena: vs :4fox: Kinda the same story with Zero skill spamus, why are Fox, Ness, ZSS, Falcon, Mac and Yoshi players on FG so predictable? Also, tried to disrespect me by recovering infront of my face with his up B. Just hopped down and spiked then pole danced.

:4pacman: vs :4falcon: Hydrant on ledge is op.

David Viran

Smash Lord
I got a few

:4pikachu: vs :4zss: Zero skill spamus kept trying to do the usual stuff that they always attempt with stuns and grabs all the time and I just kept getting the fthrow dash into neutral a for resets along with the dthrow combos and zoning away from ledge with my neutral b. It ended with him changing his name to insult me for using Pikachu then he just spent the next match spamming taunts and when he couldn't taunt anymore, he kept SDing.
It hurts me that she somehow got that name. People just don't know the struggles of playing zss.

SphericalCrusher

Hardcore Gamer
NNID
SphericalCrusher
3DS FC
1118-0223-8931
I actually got one the other day, on For Glory, while streaming... but in the 2nd match I played with the guy... it wasn't worth bragging about.

Purin a.k.a. José

Smash Lord
NNID
purinsmash
3DS FC
1418-7121-0144
I just had my best JV3 today, and, dear Gosh, it was epic.
I got this DONG as Kirby. After a good battle against his Charizard, I went full turbo mode. He is at the corner charging the Giant Punch and stopped charging to punch me; I did my best combo to this day... D-Air -> D-Throw -> F-Air 3x and he simply fell, maybe knowing he couldn't recover.
As he respawned, he tried to grab me. I did a pretty similar combo, but also did the U-Tilt string after D-Air. To finish, Footstool Jump. I'm surprised he did not Rage-Quit!

Porygon24

Smash Rookie
:4feroy:VS:4mario:

I walk up to Mario and do a Neutral A. He attempts to hit but I follow up with a Down Tilt which knocks him off and unable to react he falls then proceeds to Rage quit.

Capita

Smash Apprentice
NNID
n1ntendogamer
I've gotten so many on For Glory I've lost count. For sure more than a hundred. Most common JV3 are against,
:4littlemac::4myfriends::4ganondorf::4ryu::4falcon:
mainly because it's easy to gimp these characters. Characters like Duck Hunt are easy to gimp too, but they don't make it easy to set up since most don't go for a dash attack immediately when the match starts.

kendikong

Smash Journeyman
Gotten plenty with my Puff.

Strategy. Stand on edge of stage. Shield grab, back throw. Gimp. Repeat. Win

pennyjpie

Smash Rookie
NNID
jazuren
3DS FC
1349-5387-4489
I got one once! It was between my :4villagerf: and their :4ganondorf:. I have a friend who plays a mean Ganon, so I kinda have a grudge against the character. lol So when this guy showed up on FG, I just rushed him down and played more aggressively than I usually do until he got to the edge, where I bowled down his first stock. Then the second stock he tried to spike me but I accidentally skillfully footstooled him instead. He just sank like a rock.

That one was the only true JV3 I've gotten I think, but I've gotten a few where I took like no more than 9%.

Nexin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Nexinitus
All my JV3's seem to come from my opponents just being massive idiots. Yesterday, while I was playing Ryu, my opponent was trying to camp by the edge with Mario. I made it across the screen without getting hit and grabbed him, but he mashed put before I could do anything… and then he fast fell and was unable to recover. When he respawned, he ran to the other side of the arena, and the exact same happened.

How is anybody that bad at the game?

Last edited:
Top Bottom