• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Have you ever rage-quit before?

MXblaze

Smash Apprentice
By rage-quit, I mean to quit when you're getting your *** handed to you hella badly.

I do it a lot.

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
I have never, ever quit a battle....

Except this one time when my friend made this impossible custom stage.

Apollo$

Smash Ace
I just played a stalling meta knight and now I wanna rip the disk in half, I won a couple times but it didn't mean anything to me. I SD'd a couple matches

BSP

Smash Legend
I never give up. I've had 3 stock leads and lost. I've been down by 3 stocks and won. Giving up makes me feel bad.

Sieguest

Smash Master
I never quit...even if I'm three stocks down...I'll lose with my dignity and take it as a learning lesson :)
That's how I get better at life..:)

Sci

Smash Cadet
I never quit. I feel like a bad sport and I know that the loss was something of a learning experience (whether it was close or I got totally destroyed)

Dins_fire21

Smash Rookie
I don't remember ever rage quitting, but a friend I play against always rage quits whenever I start to really own him (two stock or more).

Usually he's the one who is owning me, though. Hmm.

The Nator

Smash Rookie
Sometimes when Im gettin whooped and Im feeling a little furious I purposely jump off the stage, ending the match before further bloodshed

StarWolf234

Smash Cadet
I only rage quit when my friend puts the damage ratio on with all weapons and spams insanely. He then complains that I'm being an *** because I'm not trying.

The Phazon Assassin

Smash Champion
Me and my friends do it a lot whenever something embarassing happens. If we're down simply because of bad-play, then we keep going, only because we love watching oeople get three-stocked.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
Never haha. Only against computers, but it's not really rage... I just want to switch character or do better the next time haha. I try to 5-stock them.

I have never rage quit against another player. That's very immature.

BurningCrusader777

Smash Journeyman
The closest thing I do to a rage-quit is a 10-second long facepalm that leaves me open to everything in-game. Though this only happens when I mess up royally.

Other than that, no. I take my losses.

pizzapie7

Smash Ace
Normally when I'm down by 3 stocks I've just been 3 stocked lol.

But I never rage quit, I always stay fighting, even when I know I am only delaying the inevitable.

Brinzy

Godfather of the Crimean Mafia
NNID
Brinzy
Almost once, against a Peach that kept doing some MOTHER****ING TURNIP -> FAIR -> JAB -> ROLL -> TURNIP -> FAIR -> JAB -> ROLL -> TURNIP -> FAIR -> JAB -> ROLL -> TURNIP -> FAIR -> JAB -> ROLL -> TURNIP -> FAIR -> JAB -> ROLL -> TURNIP -> FAIR -> JAB -> ROLL -> TURNIP -> FAIR -> JAB -> ROLL -> TURNIP -> FAIR -> JAB -> ROLL -> TURNIP -> FAIR -> LA-LALA-LALA-LA~

EDIT: I had "only" instead of "almost." /facepalm

pacmansays

Smash Journeyman
LOL no, but if I end up playing on rumble falls when I choose random I automatically quit before the match begins

SwordScar

Smash Rookie
yes, on wifi 1v1 matches with pricks who spam emotes, most likely during a huge lagfest

justaway12

Smash Master
I don't ever rage quit, the only time I quit (other than CPUs) was when I broke something and had to leave someone, then when I fixed it and tried to play again the connection wasn't working, I also quit on CPUs...because I suck

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Pretty much every time I try to play Brawl seriously I rage quit.

Scinn

The Fluffiest
NNID
BLKROCKET25
lol no thats just lame why would anyone rage quit...... then I would not learn anything.

Zero

Smash Hero
Gah, this thread makes me feel guilty about the one time that I did rage, which made my opponent forfiet. A tournament I was organising wasn't running as smoothly as I had hoped, a round robin, he caught me at the end of a run of about 6 or 7 people. Messed up my recovery three times on Yoshi's Island, first time I made a grumpy face, second time I dropped my controller and the last time, I ****ing floored the controller. He forfieted the second game for a 1-1 :(

I feel so guilty about that still.

Mit

Smash Ace
Rage quitting is for babies who throw temper tantrums >_>

I can't stand people who have temper problems. It's just them being selfish.

And if you really love the game, you should be trying to figure out why you're losing so bad, and use the rest of the match to learn how to not get your *** whooped next time you fight that player/character.

REL38

Smash Lord
I've never quiet a match out of pure rage.

But I have witnessed someone do so. At this tourney, this one guy got all mad when he lost his set, knocking him down to Loser's bracket. He was johning that his controller was messed up or something. He went n gave the tourney organizer the results, while johning and went outside for a smoke. Before the his next set, the tourney organizer was kind enough to lend him his own controller. He played and lost his first match and got even angrier. During the 2nd match, he was knocked down to 1 stock while his opponent still had all three stocks. He cursed and disconnected his controller n left the venue while johning.

Even though I play the game conpetitively, I still see it as a game. I don't get angry over a video game.

Noobicidal

Smash Master
I've never quit in rage before. Maining Ganon has taught me that nothing the opponent does is worth getting angry over. I know full well what his weak points are, and if they are exploited mid-match, then I have no one to blame but myself.

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
Still, Ganondorf is epic. :) And I agree - rage quitting doesn't allow you to learn. If I'm not learning new things, then why should I be here?

BloodBird

Smash Journeyman
Not usually, only time I do is when the lag on online brawls are so bad I feel like I might as well be a blind person with no arms whose lost all control over their motor functions and has just had an EPILEPTIC SEIZURE!!!!
Sorry, watching too much Duckman.

That's about the only time I do it.

MXblaze

Smash Apprentice
Not so much in Brawl. In Melee....OHH GOD!!

I use to have the nasty habit of just quitting, but I've learned that even when you're getting your *** handed to you, you can still make a comeback like this guy did:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7lIcE_-tWv8
But unfortunately, making a comeback like that is impossible is brawl. Melee had combos which easily helped in fishing your oppnenet's stock. Brawl, however, is a combo-less game. This means that if you have 1 stock at 100% to the other guy's 3 at 50%, you're not gonna win. Hell, the shiek player in that video probably had a miracle as well considering one good hit would have finished him.

BurningCrusader777

Smash Journeyman
I wouldn't exactly say impossible. It's just whole loads harder to do because of lack of said combo game, and in some cases the match might actually time out before you can finish your comeback <_<

Top Bottom