• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Having trouble againest Lucas

MrPancakes

Smash Rookie
I seem to be having trouble againest him because most of his moves are quick and able to reflect my bananas. If I throw a banana, he'll usually use his bat and reflect it and I approach, he'll either use it again or shield then grab me. I hate his bat so much cause of its decent range, quick and decently strong oh and because it reflects.

I can't seem to play any mind games on him either, any advice on that?

Ghoom

Smash Cadet
^ QFT

I mostly play my diddy against a lucas. Try to get him down below the platform. Diddy rules that area with an iron fist. Easy edge-hog too.

ThePurpleCobra

Smash Apprentice
you edgehog? hmm i kinda thought he would hit u if u tried to do that. i usually just jump out and try to hit him before he gets his pk thunder off

DTKPch

Smash Journeyman
you edgehog? hmm i kinda thought he would hit u if u tried to do that. i usually just jump out and let the pk thunder hit me cuz diddy is so good at recovering and it makes lucas just fall down and die
Um, false? It works with Ness's, but Lucas's up-b goes through people...

I've tried hanging on the edge against a recovering Lucas. His up-b went through me (stagespike) and then it still helped him recover.

Samigi

Smash Cadet
Um, false? It works with Ness's, but Lucas's up-b goes through people...

I've tried hanging on the edge against a recovering Lucas. His up-b went through me (stagespike) and then it still helped him recover.

Edgeguarding is also one of the way you can actually kill with Diddy, his bair can be used twice if SH'ed and his fair is great too

Ghoom

Smash Cadet
Well if you see em coming tward get back up on the stage. just make sure that he makes contact with you while you are in your flashing frames from getting up off the edge. Your invincible while he is trying to grab the edge with you on it and he's dead.

This takes timing up can potentioaly deal with alot of diff char up-b. Lucas can be alittle tricky because sometimes he can waggle his PKT out alittle longer before going into PKT2 thus screwing with your timing.

The |Egg| Sniper

Smash Apprentice
If you keep getting the 'naners batted back at you, you're throwing them from way too far away. A good thing to do with bananas is to go into your attack approach like you would without a banana, pause, throw it near point-blank, then continue with your assault. The fact that it's an instantaneous mess-up against anyone who gets hit by it should encourage you to use it up close rather than far away. Also, people recover from it quickly, so you have to be ready the instant it happens.

kook321

Smash Apprentice
This should not be that bad of a match. I easily two stock my friend who mains him. Even though the bananas seem to not work, they do. Try to use both bananas and space them. You dont have to make him slip, it well cause distractions and can open up for mind games. Aforementioned, edgeguard lucas's up b.

Frostspin

Smash Rookie
Anyone have any tips for recovering against an edgehogging lucas? My friend always PKT spikes me, and I can air dodge it or cancel it occasionally, but quite frequently I get hit by his downsmashing the edge

Top Bottom