• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hawaii

DaPerson

Smash Apprentice
I was talkin to kibou on aim and he metnioned that you guys were having a tourney bettween your two crews on friday. I was just wondering how much the buy in was or if there was any, cus i wanted to come down and play some smash with you guys, but it would seem like a waste of money to spend 60 something bucks on an airplane ticket if i was just coming down to play some casual smash. At least with a 5$ entry fee or so id have a chance to win my money back xD.

Of course i wouldnt come down w/o you guys oking it first. If i was to come all id need is a ride to and from the airport so it's not like id be staying at your place or anything like that. Im really dieing to play some new ppl ssbm, so if you could clue me in, then maybe we could see some oahu v.s. hawaii :).

Ping_Ping

Smash Ace
and as for picking up to and from airport that will be my job of course cause im the main driver for the group.... literally the main driver im the one who picks up and drops the town ppl after the friday smash thingies lol but ya just say wen ur coming down flight info all that shabang ill probly be able to get you pending if i have class or not

DaPerson

Smash Apprentice
Idk, he was saying that the guys from his crew were gonna fight the other crew over on oahu.

But wait, so the small tourney thing's a myth then? xD

Kib0U

Smash Journeyman
wait theres a little mis understanding here i never said we had a crew battle we just played againts people form livewire for the first time. thats all. if we were to have a crew battle we'd get owned.

and crap i just lost my wallet last night so i need to get a new licences crap and my brother just grad from collage at arizona and he's shipping down his 240... problem is i cant drive stick and got no one to teach me lol. what a waste of a good car. and tommorw i get a call from banana to see if i got the job or not. gosh i need money im broke.

and seriously if we were to have a crew battle we'd get r4ped up the butt.

this is the way i see how our crew/group/regulars see our line up as of from best to worst. (i dunno if this just made any sense.)
1-Rob (marth)
2-eugene (doc)
3-Prston (luigi)
4-Rod (mixed he cant make up his mind)
5-chester (falco)
6-chad (gannon)
7-kawika (shiek)
8-marsow (shiek) / shawn (marth) /jeremy (shiek)
9-me (link)
-these guys dont play as much below this line-
10-james (samus)

if any one of our guys see this tell me if you want me to make any correction but i think every one that plays with us regularly should agree on this. though other people may see this diffrently. (the village park boys we play with mainly)

just finish playing and i just found the 8000's guide thing and i got the combos down... only on comps though need to try on people. but i think it helped me a lot.

im relly curious though how was my link like honestly on a scale of 1-10 i know its maybe... 6 or less just wondring be honest i wont be mad. you can say -467198418745414878 and ill still be happy... after i burn down your house. but yea just wondering... see you guys fryday

Ping_Ping

Smash Ace
between 7 and 8 you know link well and stuff but. thing is you dont know how to against certain types of characters but thats what practice is for but ya man mad props on attempting the bomb recovery could have made it if cha wasnt edge hogging

PlayeR oNe

Smash Apprentice
Where you there that night kiboU? if so which one were you? and who was the guy in the red shirt next to me? but yeah.. if you need any help with link im sure to help you the best I can. Im not the greatest with Link but I can teach you what i know. On a scale from 1-10 im like a 5 cause I cant beat floaties and falco's to well. Well, maybe next friday me and you can play a Link ditto so I can see how much you know. Oh and If anyone got some tips for me Please post or tell me when I come on friday.. cause I need all the help I can get.

Thanks again Jose, for hosting such a great practice session!

Kib0U

Smash Journeyman
yea i was there last night i was at the front silvertv by the food i was the guy with the brown shirt. i know some stuff only stuff i read i just dont realy know when to do it and stuff like that. on fryday maybe we could share stuff. btw jus wondering if you could pull out a bomb and landash when you short hop?

i was kind of bumbed when i notice you left and i dident get to watch. i think jose was showing us japanese DIinig and some glitches.

PlayeR oNe

Smash Apprentice
actually frankie thats kinda scary lol he's hard enough to kill already...

Kibou, next friday i'll surly teach you, whatever you want to know... or what I ever I know anyways.. as for short-hop bomb to waveland yes I surly can do it, but theres two ways to do it. I'll teach you the way i perfer, it keeps you in good distance to combo with the bomb.
If you wanna know anwayz

FireFly

Smash Lord
your link is pretty good but like frankie said need more practice on certain characters and also more practice against our playstyles.

HayatoKanzaki

Smash Cadet
hell, at least he's not the only playing partner you have. =/

only training i have is against him :p
well, he's pretty good i guess (seeing as i rarely win). and i guess that allows me to adapt to a fast paced fighter or something. /shrug

hell, we need more frequent smashfests lol. i'm tired of fighting only dex. :p

edit: cant even say d.amn lol

Ping_Ping

Smash Ace
mellowD (idk the real name but im learning):
from the waipahu transit take the 40 which goes thru farrington highway there should be a bus stop near jose's house well not really near more like a walk away if anything i can set up a pick up spot just help pay for gas due to me being the driver for the town ppl after

Scott:
wat do you mean by trouble? come on man you already missed out a lot come already!!! lol

Jeff:
i still didnt get to play you yet

HayatoKanzaki

Smash Cadet
i'm not familiar with any of the RL to smashboard names yet.

well technically, i dont really know any of you that much in RL either. i just tag along with dex, to play some melee :p

Ping_Ping

Smash Ace
yupppps names frank if you didnt see me or know my im the guy who plays the cute annoying puff ball that everyone hates ^^ and eugene the doc player eyyyyy (i remember players characters thats how i remember there names lol)

see ya guys on friday me and jose are thinking like every 2 weeks or so were gonna hold a tourny to start doing island rankings to promote more competition and the willingness to play more ^^ how does that sound guys?

HayatoKanzaki

Smash Cadet
hmm, PlayeR_oNe were you the guy that came late on saturday? striped shirt or something? if you are, sorry if i took your link apart :p

o btw, everything i know up till now is either self-adpated against dex, or taught from dex. so i'm not too good with the melee terminology and/or advanced skills and stuff lol. but getting there :)

Kib0U

Smash Journeyman
i think i know most of you guys... frank jiggs, jose samus, nick falco, tom the guy who killed me, adrian chair, cha peach/daisy, elson yoshi light shield, player one seen um never get to talk to, and not to shure on the others. + dex and jeff

Kib0U

Smash Journeyman
lol yea you guys kept saying it that night so it kind of got into my head but i know he plays samus cant wait to have a dito with player one on fryday so i can learn some new stuff. so excited dude im glad school ends at 12:25 this whole week and no school on fryday.

Ping_Ping

Smash Ace
WTF?! LUCKY!!! well i dont got class on thursday lol and im practically free on the weekends.... slow days at the waterpark sucks balls

Fuzzylittlbunny

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I need a ride. Should I just meet you guys by the parking structure? And I also need another ditto with P1. I'm looking forward to having another Link to play against.

mellowD

Smash Apprentice
just out of curiousity
do you guys know anybody that uses ice climbers as their main over here?

Top Bottom