• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

HBCPGA Oct. 30th

Damon180

Smash Ace
I-83 & Paxton St
Harrisburg, PA 17111
(717) 564-0980

FYI: Every Saturday we hold tournaments in the LAN center which you only have to pay $10 for the entire day - everything else goes towards the pot.

Price List
Melee - $20
Brawl Teams - $30 per team
Brawl Singles - $20
Payout
7 or less - 70/30
8 to 15 - 60/30/10
16 and up - 50/25/15/5/5

Point System
-This tournament marks the start of this Season's point system.
Brawl Teams
(Per Person)
1st - 100
2nd - 50
3rd - 25
4th - 10
Brawl Singles
1st - 300
2nd - 200
3rd - 100
4th - 75
Melee Singles
1st - 200
2nd - 100
3rd - 50
4th - 25
* All points are added together per players name
(Ex: Winning Brawl Teams and 3rd in Melee Singles would give you 150 points)
This will go toward the Seasonal Brawl Singles Tournament, and perhaps something else... :)

Times:
Friendlies may start as early as 10am
Registration for events start at 11am
Melee Singles start @12noon
Brawl Teams start @1230
Brawl Singles will start @130pm
Everything should be finished by 7pm at the latest.

-Action Shots-

Melee Rules
* Items are set to off
* The stock is set to 4
* The time limit is set to 7 minutes
* All sets are best of 3 matches, with the exception of winners/losers finals and championship which are best of 5
* In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors
* (DSR) No player may choose the stage they last won on
* Ties will be broken by lives, then percentage. In the event of a percentage tie, one stock sudden death will be played
* Wobbling is banned
* The Ice Climber Freeze Glitch is banned
* Jigglypuff's rising pound stall is banned
* Peach's bomber stall beneath levels where she is unreachable is banned (example: FoD)

Set Format (in order of procedure)
1. Opponents choose their characters for the first match *
2. Each player may announce one stage to be banned for the entirety of the set
3. The first stage will be played at random from the Random Stage List **
4. The loser of the previous match announces the next match's stage from either the Random Stage List or the Counter Stage List
5. The winner of the previous match chooses their character
6. The loser of the previous match chooses their character
7. Repeat steps 4-7 for all proceeding matches
*Double blind character selection may be called for this match
**Opponents may instead agree upon a random stage

Stage List

Random
Fountain of Dreams
Pokemon Stadium
Dream Land
Final Destination
Battlefield
Yoshi's Story
Counter
Jungle Japes
Mute City
Poke Floats
Corneria
Brinstar
Rainbow Cruise
Kongo Jungle

(Pending attendance) Brawl Pool Rules:
v1- 2 stock, 5 min time limit, top 16 advance
v2 - 3 stock, 7 min time limit, top 8 advance

Brawl Bracket Rules:
* 3 Stock
* 7 minute timer
* Items are set to "off" and "none"
*Team attack is ON
* All sets with the exception of winner's finals, loser's finals, and the championship are best of 3 matches. Finals/championship will be best of 5
*In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors
* No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.
* If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage.
* Metaknight's Infinite Cape glitch is banned.
* If a game ends with Bowser doing his suicide klaw and it ends in sudden death, the sudden death will be ignored and that game will count as a win for Bowser.
* You are responsible for your own controller and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by both parties.
* Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.
*35 Ledge grab rule is in effect, 40 on Norfair (60/70 for teams. For the love of God please don't ever make me have to use this rule!)
* Stalling in general is banned!
* Anything the TO deems unsportsman-like or Illegal will have you disqualified from the tournament!
* All standing grab infinites are banned (Marth on Lukas/Ness, DDD on Luigi etc). Players must dash in between grabs.
* Wobbling is neat, but also banned.

Set format (In Order of Procedure):
1. Opponents choose their characters for the first match *
2. Each player may announce one stage to be banned for counterpicks of the set
3. The first game is played, using MLG stage striking ruleset (3/4/1)
4. The loser of the previous match announces the next match's stage from either the Starter Stage List or the Counter Stage List
5. The winner of the previous match chooses their character
6. The loser of the previous match chooses their character
7. Repeat steps 4-6 for all proceeding matches
*Double blind character selection may be called for the first match

Stage List

Neutral
Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Yoshi's Island
Castle Siege
Delfino
Pokemon Stadium 1
Halberd
Lylat Cruise
Counter
Brinstar
Frigate Orpheon
Pokémon Stadium 2
Rainbow Cruise
Norfair
Pictochat

M@v

Subarashii!
Think I'll go to this one this time. Its close enough I can do a one day deal no problem.

Damon180

Smash Ace
I'll post the results as soon as I get a chance. It was just a small tourney - not much outside support since there were a few other awesome events going on.

Practice your melee game Kage. I wanna rock out some melee this time around :).

Damon180

Smash Ace
Do you guys ever have tournaments up in State College? I havn't been there in ages. It'd be fun to run around up there again :).

_umbra_

Smash Champion
mav might drag me out to this...

mad expensive though, I'd prob only enter barlw singles lolll

how much of that goes to the pot and how much is venue fee?

~Nasty~

Smash Lord
Do you guys ever have tournaments up in State College? I havn't been there in ages. It'd be fun to run around up there again :).
There will be a smash tourney near State College on Jan 15th.. Kingz Court Presents: Battle Royale III: Aftermath.

Kingz Court will be working with Triple Tramp Athletics to bring you a sponsored tourney with a $600 guaranteed payout. Details on this will be made more public once i find out everything (or mostly everything). I'll be creating a thread in tourney listings either this week or next week. But keep Jan 15th open. Should be a good time, plus you want to get up to state college anyway :)

Damon180

Smash Ace
I like melee a lot more, but brawl teams are fun too. Brawl singles... I never really have time to practice anymore, and I'm just on the high end of average anyway :)

Top Bottom