• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

HCC Smashfest

metalmonstar

Smash Lord
1. Noraa $50 (Lucas/Game and watch)
2. Waffle $25 (Zamus/Luigi/Lucario/ as well as some others)
3. Max ("Defensive" Metaknight) $10 dollar gift card
4. Relm (Ness/Luigi) $5 dollar gift card
5. Genghis Pot(DDD)
5. Metalmonstar (Falco/Rob/Metaknight)
7. Herfderf (Snake)
7. Tyler King
9 Berto (ROB)
9 PWNY (Zelda)
9 Cole (DDD)
9 BTB
13 Cento (Falco/Metaknight)
13 Alun (Link)
13. D-wade (snake)
13 Jonty (Zamus)
17. Chris
17. Neoimperfection (Falcon)

Shoutout-
Max- You have got a really good metaknight. I was really off in our match.
Herfderf- Sucks we had to play each other so soon. You let me come back that second match.
Relm-We need to start playing more again. It is been so long that I don't remember your style. All our matches were real close down to the last hit.
D-wade- Way to go picking a banned stage. Fun matches.
Berto- You had a stock lead on Coneria against a DDD yet you still went after her when he was camping the tailfin. You should have won that set.
Genghis- Bracket was tough for you. You did good though. Waffle seems to be your bane.
Noraa- You need go to tournaments again.
Cento- You are better than you placed. With some practice you could do much better.
NeoImperfection-Don't worry we will begin our training soon.

I finally get to post a result thread. I am so happy. Take that Tant.

Herfderf

Smash Cadet
Noraa, Waffle, Max- Thanks for making an awesome finals set. You guys rock.
Genghis- Great playing. You deserved to place higher :\
Metalmonstar- Yeah, it really did suck. I 'll get you next time though.
Pwny- Cut back on the Farore's Wind
Jonty- You had a decent Zamus. Sorry you didn't place higher.
NeoImperfection- You had a pretty decent Falcon. Just learn to recover better and you'll improve.

I was really impressed with the turnout. I'd like to thank everyone that showed up. Thanks!

Noraa

Smash Lord
=] its cool coney, im slackin on going to tournys so its my fault =[
Lucas at #1 0_o whatttttt

good games guys it was really fun.
wish i coulda played more matches with everyone.

Genghis Pot

Smash Apprentice
Tourney was fun

Noraa good stuff winning it, I still can't believe I didn't take that rainbow cruise game at least (survives a fresh bair at 130% wtf?!)

And ****it Waffle that makes 4 times in tourneys now...and I've only been to 8 tourneys ever lol. Good games though.

btw Berto you were much better than your placing, you just caught some bad breaks is all, **** happens sometimes.

metalmonstar

Smash Lord
BTB the Diddy kong from Vegas?
Umm, I don't think so. Not in the least. It was a local player and I don't believe they even played Diddy but then again there were a lot of people I didn't play or bother to watch.

Herf was impressed that you all ate all of the snacks and all of the drinks. That has never happened at any other HCC tournament. Also in terms of numbers we beat out the Halo tournament. Making this our best HCC tournament as well.

Sorry Coney, had I known you were interested I would have let you know. I figured it wasn't really worth the drive for you since there wasn't much to win and the majority of players were casual. If you look in the Monstar Monthly thread you will see the dates for all of our events both free and paid tournaments. So you could have found out that way.

Anyone know how many "lame" stages were played? I only saw Corneria but I was told other stages were played as well.

Coney

Smash Master
Sorry Coney, had I known you were interested I would have let you know. I figured it wasn't really worth the drive for you since there wasn't much to win and the majority of players were casual. If you look in the Monstar Monthly thread you will see the dates for all of our events both free and paid tournaments. So you could have found out that way.
yeah, i'll have to check that out more often @_@

I don't think Coney minds Corneria heheh
nah dude, hate corneria...it's not on the standard stage list and the stage is honestly positioned in such a way that DDD has to camp right next to the fin and wait for a CG or just a dthrow > dsmash...hate that level, blast zones make me feel all claustrophobic!

metalmonstar

Smash Lord
so when do these happen?
Click my Sig for all upcoming events. The next HCC tournament is November 20th and we will be doing Madden 2010. After that on November 21st is another one of our smash tournaments.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
****. I should have talked to Lionhart if I knew of this. I'm sure he would've won based on who entered.

metalmonstar

Smash Lord
Just ask MetalMonster. He knows Lionhart. Uses marth, wolf, fox, falco. Guy is so good. He is the best falco I have versed in md/va of all of them.
Yeah Lionhart is good, but geez I haven't seen him since January. How am I in any way a good judge of his current skill? Step it up Seagull I would have enjoyed seeing Lionhart again. Unfortunately he isn't able to come to any of our tournaments so far. It is metalmonstar by the way.

Noraa needs to get back into the scene.

If you don't live too far away maybe we should practice sometime.

LOL Noraa the random AV guy.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Yeah Lionhart is good, but geez I haven't seen him since January. How am I in any way a good judge of his current skill? Step it up Seagull I would have enjoyed seeing Lionhart again. Unfortunately he isn't able to come to any of our tournaments so far. It is metalmonstar by the way.

Noraa needs to get back into the scene.

If you don't live too far away maybe we should practice sometime.

LOL Noraa the random AV guy.
I live an hour away and don't wanna drive to hagerstown for a small tourney. If I won the price of gas would be the trip there and back......

And I versed Lionhart on wifi. He is still around. He is a beast.

Noraa

Smash Lord
Seagul it wouldnt be that much, it took us less than 20 bucks.....and we live farther away.
and IF you won, you would have money to spare.

yea

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Seagul it wouldnt be that much, it took us less than 20 bucks.....and we live farther away.
and IF you won, you would have money to spare.

yea
That doesn't include the fact that I'll be there all day and need to eat. Also Wolf grab release>fsmash lucas:)

Noraa

Smash Lord
there was free pizza lol, and everyone has a GR on lucas.....wolfs is one of the least to worry about lol.

metalmonstar

Smash Lord
That doesn't include the fact that I'll be there all day and need to eat. Also Wolf grab release>fsmash lucas:)
Once again proving that MD/VA can't read. I mentioned pizza and snacks how many times in this thread?

There was food, no need to spend money on it. There was no reason not to come to this except for the fact you didn't know about it.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
And because of the huge tourney in gaithersburg.......Though pizza would've been good <3_<3

Top Bottom