• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

HD: Melee Mini Series

Radium88

Smash Lord
Just to let you guys know, if not that many people show up, I'll just go straight to bracket and disregard pools. And then just do a bunch of side tournaments if people are willing ie low tiers, random characters, etc. I might even throw in a 5 man draft crew and give the winning team $25 or something.

I think I'll bring gooey butter cake cookies if the owner lets me.

darkatma

Smash Hero
don't stress too much over it rauleen haha
it's not a very good weekend for most people... myself included =/

also definitely don't spend your own money, you don't need to at all
<3

Radium88

Smash Lord
Lol I'm not stressing out really. I said this was going to be just a small tournament and I didn't expect big numbers but I do hope people have fun. And I'll have fun running it so HYPE for tomorrow!

Radium88

Smash Lord
So yeah, just visited the owner and I'll bring cookies. Also, if enough interest, there will be pizza slices on sale for I think about $2 or 3.

Youngling

Smash Journeyman
(Finger snap) I was soooo anticipating your humble visit.
Omg dude! I'll be able to go now! How long has it been since we last saw each other??? Forever?? Yeah I think so but I might have like Deja vu or something when I meet you so that could kind of count as us meeting before.

I'm coming to this. Aw **** so much ****ing hype now omg. Is the venue gonna have enough room for the hype I bring?

Cookiemonsta

Smash Ace
Just to let you guys know, if not that many people show up, I'll just go straight to bracket and disregard pools. And then just do a bunch of side tournaments if people are willing ie low tiers, random characters, etc. I might even throw in a 5 man draft crew and give the winning team $25 or something.

I think I'll bring gooey butter cake cookies if the owner lets me.
COOOOOOKIIIIEEEEESSSS DAMn Right!!!!

Nuris

Smash Lord
Teams:
1. Phil + Pink Shinobi
2. Nana + Hyliame
3. COOKIECOOKIECOOKIE + Epic Marth Guy
4. Bert + Samwise
5. Youngling+Radium

I think

Singles:
1. Lixi
2. Brawlpro?
3. Hylian? Cookiemonsta?

DarkKatma and I left before singles because we are lame

Lixivium

Smash Champion
Doubles: (round robin + top 3 play brackets)

1) Nuris + Darkatma
2) Lixi + Hylian
3) CookieMonsta + Crawlshot
4) Bert + Sam
5) Youngling + Radium

Singles: (only 8 people entered, we did round robin tournament without any brackets)
1) Lixi
2) Brawlpro
3) Hylian
4) CookieMonsta

crawlshots

Smash Apprentice
Teams:
1. Phil + Pink Shinobi
2. Nana + Hyliame
3. COOKIECOOKIECOOKIE + Epic Marth Guy
4. Bert + Samwise
5. Youngling+Radium
haha.... me = epic marth guy? Marth is like my 5th best character. I love it.

Karl, we freakin rock. I'm using that 8 bucks on Chinese buffet tonight.

>Bert<

Smash Ace
Sam - it was awesome teaming with you! You were really fun to talk to and u had a lot of funny things to say lol. I'm actually glad you told me to go Fox/Falcon that day. My Falco was not feeling it at all.

Lixi, brawlpro, Cookie, and Hylian - epic fox ditto's lol I played so many Foxes

Carl - the SD's man they were terrible! lol but still funny. gg's

Radium - thanks again for hosting another tournament and thanks for the cookie's, they were delicious! when i got home that night, i was actually craving more. next tournament i go to, im taking a whole batch for me. too good.

atma n phil - one thing to say; Green Greens. :)

youngling - you've gotten better since hd remix. keep it up.

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
Did Sinister end up going to this? I'm surprised only 8 people went. Hopefully next STL tournament you get a better turnout. I believe Springfield would be interested in going, although starting on the 19th of April I will not be going to tournaments for 8 weeks, except local Springfield MO tournies.

Radium88

Smash Lord
Here is the rest of it:

Singles: (only 9 people entered, we did round robin tournament without any brackets)
1) Lixi
2) Brawlpro
3) Hylian
4) CookieMonsta
5) Carl
6) Sam
7) Bert
8) Youngling
9) Rauleen

It was determined by set wins then by games.

Thanks for all those who came! I think it was just a terrible weekend for a lot of people. School and other tournaments and whatnots. Maybe the one in June will be better!

And thanks for enjoying the cookies!

>Bert<

Smash Ace
Did Sinister end up going to this? I'm surprised only 8 people went. Hopefully next STL tournament you get a better turnout. I believe Springfield would be interested in going, although starting on the 19th of April I will not be going to tournaments for 8 weeks, except local Springfield MO tournies.
Sinister did not end up going. Mainly my fault. I was his ride but ended up going to my hometown (Washington) on Thursday so that basically screwed him over completely.

As long as you come to our tournament on the 16th, all is well my friend lol.

Cookiemonsta

Smash Ace
Sinister did not end up going. Mainly my fault. I was his ride but ended up going to my hometown (Washington) on Thursday so that basically screwed him over completely.

As long as you come to our tournament on the 16th, all is well my friend lol.
Unless I can somehow come across like 40 bucks, I probably won't make it. But yea tournament was so much fun! More Peoples next time!

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Lixi and I took Binyan/Phil to game 10 o.o..then they discovered Binyans sheik ***** me in teams XD. Also, wtf lixi's IC's are tooo good in teams. Never really seen ics in teams before.

Lixivium

Smash Champion
Lixi and I took Binyan/Phil to game 10 o.o..then they discovered Binyans sheik ***** me in teams XD. Also, wtf lixi's IC's are tooo good in teams. Never really seen ics in teams before.
Yeah your Fox was mad clutch against Darkatma's Falcon and Peach but his Sheik is too good against Foxes now (at least on teams).

I think those were the first time I've ever pulled off those Ice Block saves in teams.

They were 3 really good sets, I wish they had been recorded somehow.

crawlshots

Smash Apprentice
Thank you everyone for being great. I'm always delighted by how accepting and encouraging the majority of the smash community is, and it's a pleasure to get to know everyone a little better since I'm pretty much new to the tournament scene. Playing friendlies against and teaming with people who are better than me is so much stinkin fun. Hope to see y'all again!

Top Bottom