• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Heir to the Monado. Shulk General Discussion/Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bosspon

The Boss of Pon
NNID
KingofSayains
@ Bosspon Bosspon I'm pretty sure we are the third largest newcomer support thread (after K. Rool and Ridley.) Confirm this for me if you can!
Looks like we are. Looked through several pages, but most threads back there are inactive, so it appears that we are.

Krystal thread is hoping for a Star Fox trailer with Falco and Krystal at the very least (since Star Fox Wii U, they seem pretty confident about their chances.) Still a fun place, but they needs more random stuff to match us.

Lip is probably deconfirmed to her item being in the game, but, once again, people want DLC. Still seems like a positive place though.

Chorus Men thread is... Well it's.... It's more of a Marshall thread but don't tell anyone Needs more Reynapple.

Rhythm Girl thread... didn't even know that existed. Why would she.... Well, they don't seem too negative at least.

Ghirahim's thread likes to talk about Hyrule Warriors a lot. You'd expect there to be some hilarious Ghirahim gifs or pics, but there aren't.

Dixie Kong thread seems hyped and would be content to ride the K. Rool train to get in. Needs that little something extra still though, you know?

Pink Gold Peach for Smash thread.
...No.

Dark Pit thread is really reaching/grasping and also kind of boring.

Whew. That was a lot.

Will continue to document my Explornado Chronicles.

foolssigma

Smash Ace
NNID
NYTims
I figured out what happened to Chrom in the trailer by analyzing the dust cloud..

Evidence A:

Unfortunately I can't embed this for some reason: https://imgflip.com/gif/ab0c0

Dust cloud passes over Chrom

Evidence B:

Metal Face emerges from dust cloud....

Conclusion

Metal Face beat Chrom!

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Isaac thread is kind of serious and slightly morose with no gifs/photoshops at all in recent pages. And that makes me feel sad.
I feel like Isaac fans might feel a bit jaded these days, I know I am a little. I have hope but there's always this nagging feeling that's saying "Yeah right....".

We need a picture of Xenoblade Chronicles party members and Golden Sun party members having a picnic together. Shulk can bring the infinite sandwiches.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Looks like we are. Looked through several pages, but most threads back there are inactive, so it appears that we are.

Krystal thread is hoping for a Star Fox trailer with Falco and Krystal at the very least (since Star Fox Wii U, they seem pretty confident about their chances.) Still a fun place, but they needs more random stuff to match us.

Lip is probably deconfirmed to her item being in the game, but, once again, people want DLC. Still seems like a positive place though.

Chorus Men thread is... Well it's.... It's more of a Marshall thread but don't tell anyone Needs more Reynapple.

Rhythm Girl thread... didn't even know that existed. Why would she.... Well, they don't seem too negative at least.

Ghirahim's thread likes to talk about Hyrule Warriors a lot. You'd expect there to be some hilarious Ghirahim gifs or pics, but there aren't.

Dixie Kong thread seems hyped and would be content to ride the K. Rool train to get in. Needs that little something extra still though, you know?

Pink Gold Peach for Smash thread.
...No.

Dark Pit thread is really reaching/grasping and also kind of boring.

Whew. That was a lot.

Will continue to document my Explornado Chronicles.
So, we just need to beat the Ridley and K. Rool threads. Then on to beating the Official Character Discussion thread!

#ChallengeQuest

Bosspon

The Boss of Pon
NNID
KingofSayains
Ok, so I ended up finding even just the first part of the gif amusing enough to share.
View attachment 18530
I think you need to post this at the Hades support thread. Too awesome for words.

Edit: Anybody else find it funny that the first like five search results for "hades" on Smashboards is this thread?

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
@ Spazzy_D Spazzy_D I saw what you did on the Takamaru thread. Good job dropping that photoshop of the Takamanado! Takamaru thread seems slow moving, but in a pretty good mood. Not on our level still, but they're all cool.
Speaking of the Takamaru thread I'm surprised at the amount of pages we HAVE considering the amount of supporters.
There's a grand total of 11 of us by the way.

Last edited:

Bosspon

The Boss of Pon
NNID
KingofSayains
Speaking of the Takamaru thread I'm suprised at the amount of pages we HAVE considering the amount of supporters.
We have over 340 supporters, actually. We just have a small amount that post here, but some seem to rotate out so there's almost always posting happening here.

Last edited:

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Speaking of the Takamaru thread I'm surprised at the amount of pages we HAVE considering the amount of supporters.
I'm a Takamaru supporter. I feel like A LOT of threads don't update their supporter lists.

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
We have over 340 supporters, actually. We just have a small amount that post here, but some seem to rotate out so there's almsot always posting happening here.
I know how many we (Shulk) have I've been a supporter for a long time.
I''m number 44(?) on the list.
I'm just amazed at the amount of posts we (Takamaru) have compared to our supporters.

Bosspon

The Boss of Pon
NNID
KingofSayains
I know how many we (Shulk) have I've been a supporter for a long time.
I''m number 44(?) on the list.
I'm just amazed at the amount of posts we (Takamaru) have compared to our supporters.
Supporter sound off! Number 247, reporting in!

MooseSmuggler

Linkle Linkle Little Star
NNID
MooseSmuggler
3DS FC
3368-1611-2687
On the topic of movesets, here's my proposal. I'm on my phone, mind you.

For starters, I imagine Shulk will have a talent guage, in a similar vein to Mac's power meter. Once charged, he can hit B or Down+B to activate his Monado Arts. At any rate, his specials would be:

B--Back Slash: now that we know certain characters have attacks that work better from behind (thank you Robin), I feel this is likely. Does exactly what it says on the tin, more damage from behind the target.
Side-B--Slit Edge: minimal knockback, but makes the target take a small amount of extra damage from attacks for a few seconds.
Up-B--Air Slash: Shulk slashes upwards like Dolphin Slash, but has an extra hit at the end that reduces walking speed for a few seconds.
Down-B--Shaker Edge: Pesky thing! Stuns grounded opponents and spikes airborne ones (not fully obeying canon, I know). Stun last for only a few seconds but can be enough to position for a Back Slash.

Monado Specials
B--Monado Cyclone: Chargeable (charge increases range). Forces opponents to trip.
Side-B--Monado Buster: Outright massive damage, no surprises there.
Up-B--Monado Purge: Similar animation to Air Slash, but final slash sends out an energy ball that hits through shields and disables blocking for a short time.
Down-B--Monado Shield: Blocks the next Smash Attack Shulk is hit by.

Final Smash--Chain Attack: Shulk initiates a Chain Attack. I won't specify how the other participating characters are chosen (randomly, all of them, or set pair). Ends with a Monado Buster, regardless of Shulk's Talent Guage at the time of initiation.

Edit: regarding his visions, I feel like trying to directly incorporate them into his actual moveset would slow the game down (due to Shulk stopping the battle to have a vision). To me, it would suffice for Shulk's eyes to glow when he dodges. We know Sakurai pays attention to detail, and it would serve as a good homage without causing the battle to slow down.
I'm glad you guys seem to like this moveset. Would it be rude of me to ask @ SmashChu SmashChu to put it in the OP, maybe?

Edit: the OP also needs the list of reasons @erico9001 outlined for why Shulk deserves a spot. I can link if need be.

Last edited:

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045
Sorry I forgot the Monado here one with the Monado

Last edited:

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045
Takamaru? 6%?:urg:
Yeah that sucks, it seems that most vote for characters that are from the most popular franchises then what good for smash. Like most people voted for Skull Kid over Shulk, I don't get why people love Skull Kid so much he barely do anything in Majora's mask. It will be a waste for hime to be playable in smash.

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Yeah that sucks, it seems that most vote for characters that are from the most popular franchises then what good for smash. Like most people voted for Skull Kid over Shulk, I don't get why people love Skull Kid so much he barely do anything in Majora's mask. It will be a waste for hime to be playable in smash.
I know I mean Simon Belmont and Marshall above Takamaru?
I mean sure I'm a little biased towards Takamaru because he's my most wanted but... Really? Marshall and Simon?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom