• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hello Bowser Boards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
As some of you may have heard, Clash of the Titans 4 (which is being hosted by my crew) is this weekend. Attendence is going to be easily over 150, with the best players from all over the world there, sadly it seems no other bowser players except me are going... :(

HOWEVER, I'm sad to inform I will not be using bowser in pools or bracket, but I will be doing MM's with bowser only and everything will be recorded. I already have a MM set up with blackwaltz for the matchup discussion so....

Will there be any requests of a matchup they want recorded against top players?

My list so far:

BlackWaltz(Olimar) Accepted!
Atomsk(DDD) Accepted!
Anther(Pikachu)
Mew2king(Metaknight) Declined!
Ninjalink(Diddy)
Snakeee(ZSS)
Santi(Toonlink)
Seibrik(DDD)
GodismyRock(GnW)
AlphaZealot(Diddy)
Hylian(IC's/GnW)
NikoK(Peach) Accepted!
Bum(DK)
MalcomM(Sonic)

Obviousily I can Money Match only so many people, but I will try my best S=
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=206898

B!squick

Smash Master
NinjaLink, Umbra, Snakeee, AlphaZealot, DieSuperFly, Overswarm, Santi, Melee1, Hylian, Lobos, Le THieN, Seibrik, God-is-my-Rock, and G-reg. That's my wish list. Bolds are the one with the most importance. :3

MrEh

Smash Hero
JayDeth has summed up most of my fantasies.

MalcomM, Niko_k, and Bum. I want to see how that would turn out. ^^

Oh, and good luck man. Seriously.

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
JayDeth has summed up most of my fantasies.

MalcomM, Niko_k, Bum

I want to see how that would turn out. ^^

Alright, I shall try to rep bowser D:

Also keep in mind guys I'm somewhat helping run the tournament so I might not be able to MM everybody but I'll try my very best and make sure everything is recorded and uploaded.

MrEh

Smash Hero

Alright, I shall try to rep bowser D:

Also keep in mind guys I'm somewhat helping run the tournament so I might not be able to MM everybody but I'll try my very best and make sure everything is recorded and uploaded.
I edited my previous post to include a little something, but I'll just say it again here.

Good luck man. We're rooting for you.

MrEh

Smash Hero
I will try to prove that Bowser is a high tier character.
Bowser is high tier...people just don't know it yet. ^^

This is going to be a ton of fun
If you ever decide to go through with the MM with Vex, I want a recording. I have crazy amounts of respect for both of you, which is why I requested Vex have a match with you in the first place.

Good luck to you too.

Hobobloke

Atemon Game
JayDeth said pretty much everyone. I'm really anxious to see how these matches turn out, especially against Mew2King yay for Bowser having an even matchup.

Good luck mate, do us proud.

Fyist

Smash Journeyman
I seee you getting ***** by atleast 80% of that list.

B!squick

Smash Master
Eh, can't really blame him. Money is at stake. Alot of it at that. But I would like to urge Vex to use Bowser if that rare 'Bowser has the advantage' match up arises. Which would be.... what? Jigglypuff? Ganondorf?

Blistering Speed

Smash Champion
I personally would love to see you play Inui, because he's a reputable MK main that I have every confidence you'd beat, not to mention he's very outspoken in the community, he'd most likely spread the word about Bowser's high tiered-ness pretty quick. M2k could go either way IMO, M2k is just M2k. I also know that Inui accepts MM's from pretty much anyone lol, he's super rich.

Also Reflex'd be great IMO, just to see how a great Wario can REALLY deal with the infinite in a competitive match between two of the best players of their character, because most of the discussion has basically been theorycraft.

Everyone else has been mentioned, good luck man, we don't need any other Bowser mains with you there :) Although why no Sliq?

Flayl

Smash Hero
Way to rep all us Bowser players by not using him in the tournament! Woo!
Actually if you think it through, him playing (and hopefully winning) money matches against known players helps Bowser way more than him winning a tournament. The fact is Vex is amongst a very select few, winning or placing high in a tournament wouldn't really help Bowser that much in terms of Ankoku's list / American representation, because they're simply too few Bowser mains for it to matter.

On the other hand if he plays against SBR members / good credible smashers, he can show how good/average Bowser really is. And hopefully those players would shut those "we camp you we win" posters up.

Blistering Speed

Smash Champion
If anyone's wondering why Azen didn't even make top 10 at CoT4, it's because he got knocked out by VEX!

The tournament was pretty disastrous. They started pools 7 hours late and the cops closed the venue. 60 people shouting MONEY BACK at Chibo better get on youtube. They finished it up at Chibo's house I believe. That's 268 entrants lol.

Flayl

Smash Hero
Vex how does it feel to be top 10'ish brawler in the U.S.? Amazing job, be it with Bowser or not.

Blistering Speed

Smash Champion
Vex didn't place top 10 at this, here's the singles results. There's no listings for each individual, just top 9 at the moment.

SINGLES (285 ENTRANTS):
1st: Mew2King ($1750)
2nd: Ally ($875)
3rd: TeH_Spammer ($420)
4th: Dojo ($175)
5th: LeeMartin ($87.50)
5th: NinjaLink ($87.50)
7th: Judge! ($52.50)
7th: Chudat ($52.50)

Flayl

Smash Hero
Vex didn't place top 10 at this, here's the singles results. There's no listings for each individual, just top 9 at the moment.

SINGLES (285 ENTRANTS):
1st: Mew2King ($1750)
2nd: Ally ($875)
3rd: TeH_Spammer ($420)
4th: Dojo ($175)
5th: LeeMartin ($87.50)
5th: NinjaLink ($87.50)
7th: Judge! ($52.50)
7th: Chudat ($52.50)

1- That's top 8
2- Vex tied for ninth after beating Azen.
3- Tying for ninth makes you top 10'ish. If you want to be obnoxiously accurate, it would be top 12.

Blistering Speed

Smash Champion
No I wasn't being obnoxious, the new updates with Vex involved were updated after I checked the thread. Regardless good **** Vex!

And Flayl, you need to leave Brawl considering Spam ran out the timer on virtually all his matches XD

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
He didn't win though!
Incase your wondering, spam vs ally, I think it was third game, Spam was wario ally was snake.

Spam double jumps on smashville and farts on ally, there both at last stock, spam kills himself with wario's fart and ally also dies, they were both star KO'd, HOWEVER Spam got start Ko'd in the front which is much faster then being star KO'd in the background, that match was to good lol, it happened around 3am'ish.

Btw all of spam's matches against anther were all matches that ran out the time, all very close.

B!squick

Smash Master
Lol, I've only seen two vids so far from the tourny. Was it really so bad that it's taking this long to get coverage?

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I'm sad we didn't get to play

INFACT, the only person on the list I played in a MM with bowser was reflex, and he 2-1'd me.
Did he use Wario or PT or both?

Also, after hearing about you beating Azen, I decided to pick up Bowser myself. He's stupid good lol, took me awhile to start seeing his potential.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Also, after hearing about you beating Azen, I decided to pick up Bowser myself. He's stupid good lol, took me awhile to start seeing his potential.
Then I guess welcome to the Bowser boards, DMG, and you're not the first one to not see his potential - at first at least. ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom