• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hello Ganon Boards, Care to Critique? ^_^

Kada

Smash Journeyman
I had the opportunity to get a few of my friendlies recorded at a tournament I went to yesterday, I've been trying to get videos up for a long time, and now, here we are! I figure it'd be good to get some critiques and tips from some of the more experienced Ganon players out there ^_^. I should have a few more up vs. different characters later, but they're currently on a different recorder.

The matches are Ganon vs. Falco and Ganon vs. Fox. I know I have a lot to work on vs. Falco. I had trouble getting past his lasers, and everytime he rushed me while I was in my shield, I tried to jump or grab. I don't really know what I was doing, but it didn't go all too well =P. I also need to work on my L-cancelling a bit. I've only recently started going all Ganon, and I've come to realize that L-cancelling with him requires a little more thought than with most characters. Against his Fox though, I was pretty proud of how I did. I have a lot more experience vs. Fox, and I do a lot better against him. Although he did SD once during the match, I feel I did pretty good.

So, without further ado:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xY0N3UYn--M - Sanuzi (Falco) vs. Kada (Ganondorf)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPSDg1FXb8M - Sanuzi (Fox) vs. Kada (Ganondorf)

September 2008 Edit:

Alright guys, I figured that I may as well showcase some of my new videos again, and just ressurect this thread in order to do it. I've got five more matches to show you, two against Falcon and three against Peach. The ones against Falcon were played a little before the summer, and the ones against Peach are my most recent videos from a tournament I placed fourth place in last weekend.

Any critiques (especially on the most recent videos) would be much appreciated. What you think I could do better, habits I need to break, techniques that I'm maybe not aware of, or how you think I've improved. Whatever you want to say really, although it would be really great if it was kept constructive, for all our sakes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBjH4ZnEBvc - GSAW (Captain Falcon) vs. Kada (Ganondorf)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2bq54EYb5t4&feature=related - GSAW (Captain Falcon) vs. Kada (Ganondorf) 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4L-phYrxcI - Flan (Peach) vs. Kada (Ganondorf) Pools #1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMvBX7854Cw&feature=related - Flan (Peach) vs. Kada (Ganondorf) Pools #2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmWyGavqurA&feature=related - Flan (Peach) vs. Kada (Ganondorf) Pools #3

I'll probably have more up, since as far as I know, everything was recorded at the tournament. Hundreds of matches between two T.Vs. It's just a matter of time before more of myself show up, so I'll post more if they come up.

Thanks guys. ^_^

looduhcriss

Smash Apprentice
wicked match i get the same struggle wit falco but i own foxes usually
falco u jus gota time ur shieldin to get out of the lasers, i guess or hope he suicides
and fox isnt much of a threat sometimes if u hit him consecutively or knock him off

Kio Iranez

Smash Ace
Don't be scared of the lasers. That's what they want you to do. Their first and foremost priority is to go on the offensive. If you stand there and take the lasers, they'll beat you. My advice is: go insane on the fairs. Also, when you grab Falco, at certain percentages, you can go from down throw to downB. It's great.

Good match against Fox, although he did look to be on the noobier side. Even so, the downB spike made my morning.

kook321

Smash Apprentice
Loved the match with fox. You took advantage of the many opportunities which turn to kills. Although be care when your thrown up and you use your second jump, could lead to disaster. Good stuff though.

Kada

Smash Journeyman
Thanks for the critiques so far, guys ^_^. I should be getting a few more matches up vs. Falcon and vs. Peach. I think the people who recorded are having a little trouble, so I don't know, hopefully I can get them up at some point soon.

smellysmallwood

Smash Cadet
The falco was pretty good and hard to hit but you should try to not attempt to side b him the lag is too much so you just get *****. Plus you should be able to chain throw falco if you jc grabs. You were better against the fox though.

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
Jab -> Fair works well sometimes. It's clear that you're still learning how to control ganon and make him "fast" and those spacies matchups will become alot easier once you learn how to do that. Just get Falco off the edge and use techniques like Bair, Uair and Angled Ftilt to KEEP him off the edge.

Also, learn how to lightshield aganist falco and wavedash out of it. It's very helpful for spacing against falco and not getting ***** so hard by all those lasers. Once you land one attack on falco you have to viciously chase him and just guess where he's going to be. Using tech-chasing tactics into Dair's and Bair's is quite common and very useful.

Iceman12

Smash Journeyman
You shouldn't play against Falco on FD, he controlls it all too well with lasers. Try DL64 so you can use the platforms to avoid lasers, but don't stay on them too long for obvious reasons. Like the others have said, just get him off the stage and make sure he stays off. Powershielding will help a bunch as well, powershield --> grab --> tech chase stomp/fair = raaaaappppeee.

edit: I noticed that you're shielding a few of your l-cancels. Which means that you're holding the button a bit too long instead of just tapping it, just keep practicing and you will get it ( I had the same problem for a while too)

Linguini

Smash Master
Final D is actually really good against falco,theres no lasers you shouldnt be able to get around that a falco can do on any stage.
On FD theres open space for techasing, and thats ganons most important tool against falco.

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
Okay, I'm just watching the first Falcon match, 'cause I don't have the patience to watch them all.

I like the spacing on your fairs, but you really shouldn't get baited as easily as you do. When he's dashdancing and you run in with an attack, you're going to get shieldgrabbed. You should track his dashdancing and attack where he think he'll be (usually behind his current position).

Okay, second stock. You ate three ledgehopped attacks in a row. If he's going to do that, you should try to shieldgrab or fake him out and nail him with a fair or something.

Don't edgeguard with the dsmash. They'll have to mess up really badly to get hit by that. So try something else.

Try the Gerudo Dragon for approaches. You can't get shieldgrabbed too easily, and it'll help you combo, since your currently combos only go about two hits.

If he's going out to edgeguard you, uair him in the air. It'll cover you a little, but be prepared to Meteor Cancel anyway.

Try the uthrow too, instead of the dthrow.

Ace83

Smash Journeyman
i think the dsmash may have been accidental, my finger slips off X when trying to shorthop on rare occasion. Gerudo dragon is great to approach but you have to be SMART with it.. i use it to follow up dair and dthrow more often than i do to approach. uthrow instead of dthrow?? only in certain situations...

Top Bottom