• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Help Against Marth CG

Y-L

Smash Champion
Hi, I'm an Ike main but I assume this applies to many other characters. I've been having trouble dealing with Marth's (I assume it's dthrow but it may be fthrow) chain grab across the stage to side smash. It seemed like every time I would just be taken all the way across stage at low percents and when the last throw sent me off stage the fsmash was confirmed every time which leads to low percents gimps if I don't sweetspot ledge. How should I di and is it even possible to escape? Thanks.

Last edited:

Azureflames

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-0132-7109-3630
Pretty sure its forward throw chaingrab, but in terms of DI i typically try to deal with it by pointing my control stick up and away from marth. It's pretty hard to get out of at low percents, if you dont play it right you can easily just get combo'ed into a Dair dumpster or an Fsmash. Alternatively you need to deal with it more so by just not getting grabbed in the first place, but thats easier said than done.

DJ _ICE

Smash Apprentice
Be sure to DI in all the time so Marth gets some nice followups

Chesstiger2612

Smash Lord
DI out is the correct option, depends a bit if you should DI straight away, down away or up away. Problem is (or in my case the good thing) up-throw combos will now work longer because you get fastest out of up-air followups with DI in, but you can't risk the "big" f-throw followups. I recommend you to DI away either way, but be aware Marth has still followups to an extent. Concerning the f-throw -> dair spike. It is guaranteed at some percents, but down and away is actually the DI that helps you most

Last edited:

shairn

Your favorite anime is bad.
3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
Up and away followed by jump works on the floatier part of the cast after the 2nd grab. It also only works a maximum of three times before your opponent falls to the ground and can tech out of it, so you can take advantage of that.

Top Bottom