• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

help against ROB

t5x2

Smash Rookie
Hey, I'm realitivly new with wario, but against cpu's I do very well with his mix of arials and such. Tommarow, I am going to a computer camp. They have a wii there and everyone plays Brawl there. My friend, who plays with ROB, seems to almost always win. That week, I was playing with Kirby (ftw) and I was one of the best people in the camp. However, I could never seem to beat ROB.

Any tips on how to beat ROB would be great. And, if needed, here is his strategy:

he lasers and gyros you until you charge at him. Then he shield dodges and uses dsmash. Then he knocks you into the air, disrupting all of my recoveries/arials with his nair, until it eventually kills.

PUDGE

Smash Apprentice
HAHAHHAHAA if ur wario, that is, then ROB plays like my brother and if you do what i tell you, you might beat him. now dont get me wrong its not and "easy" fight. first off one of warios main approachs is the running short hop air dodge which allows you to move in. wario is like a boxer, as i said many times, hes gotta work his way in. when you get in you can either decide to time a really lucky neutral dodge or when you fly in there hold your b button so that after he shield dodges you immediately bite him before his Dsmash goes off. as for his gyro this is what i do
i try to catch it and then spam bite because one of robs main ways to get you away from him is for rob to use and charge of gyro doesnt matter full or none.
you MUST be careful with your Fsmash. if not you can b punished very easily because rob coming out of shields is much quicker and his moves like up down and Fsmash are ridiculously quick, usualy these fights take time, its like a chess match, plan out every single move because rob is that hard to beat. watch some of our , well not mine, but others videos on our video thread about warios vs robs, you'll see that they bite a lot but you dont see the robs downsmash, yet you can still get some good tricks out of it.
now that is just the tiniest bit of info but once hes in the air after your bite, you have the offensive and you can combo him for a while, ya you'll get hit but keep the pressure on him. he has a wall of pain that over powers your moves and that is the Fair. make sure he doesnt use that, approach from the bottom back or top.
also, if hes shielding alot use full jump Dairs. doesnt work as well but you gotta mix things up, becoming too predictable is a bad thing.
if theres anything else let me know i'd be happy to help :)

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
If he's that predictable you should be able to either bite him or bait him every time you approach, till he gets frustrated or you win. If he wants to be repetitive, you can do the same. If you get tired of biting you can also one-two punch him, and then get him in the air.

Nintendude92z

Smash Apprentice
I just got through fighting a ROB.
It's actually an easy match-up in my oppinion.

From your description, I say you aren't evading enough. (SH aerial) Doing so will basically negate lasers. And the D-smash gets predictable over time. Just short aerial dodge, and keep the pressure on, especailly with D-air and F-air.

Top Bottom