• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Help Beating G&W BAir Spam

somefatkid

Smash Rookie
I pride myself in not loosing to spammers but yesterday i met my match i played a game and watch who to rack up damage short hopped the BAir twards me and then DI away from me which made him inch closer and closer to me until he traped me at the end of the stage and had no where to run and then once he racked up enough damage in this manner he would either key me or grab me into a smash attack. The problem was since he was DI away from me i coulnt roll on the other side of him to punish him, and I couldn't hit him from the front because the BAir had priority over my attacks. Also the BAir has no landing lag.The only way i was able to do damage was to hit him after he used the key but twards the end he stopped using the key for that reason. Can anyone help me find a way around that spam so i can sleep at night again :(

Voxx

Smash Apprentice
Seriously? doesnt his normal combo jabbing cancel bair? or even Utilting.

Gishnak

Smash Ace
Powershield the turtle and continue to hold your shield, then grab if he's close enough. Or, use forward tilt to punish.
If the spacing is right, after he is using bair, you can punish with mortar slide.

And if anything, even if you arn't good with nades, you can just press and hold b, shield, then roll away. This will leave grenades in front of you that G&W's bairs hit and blow him up. Makes it harder for him to space.

somefatkid

Smash Rookie
And if anything, even if you arn't good with nades, you can just press and hold b, shield, then roll away. This will leave grenades in front of you that G&W's bairs hit and blow him up. Makes it harder for him to space.
I tried that and they didn't explode

Contrary

Smash Cadet
I love how obvious it is when G&W is going to Bair and yet how people still get wrecked knowing it was coming.

GuyWhoFry!

Smash Rookie
Lol, I love that move. I've started to use G&W recently (along with my less-recent, Olimar), and I've found that if you see a B-air coming, try and either get above him, or use one of your character's better Special Moves. I seem to recall seeing Snake being talked about, and you know how if you use the missile in mid-air, it deploys a little above where you are? Well, G&W's turtle works best when started close, but slightly above. This will probably sound rather obvious to some, :psycho:. Anyway, that missile, although unorthodox, might just provide that little opening and break in his/her (the G&W) spacing to get an attack in and maybe string together a few attacks.

Although, this will definitely get obvious quickly, so it'd probably just help to jump around like a crazy maniac and dodge like you're on the 'roids, and hope you can get the odd tilt in here and there :)

somefatkid

Smash Rookie
Lol

haha that guy is talking about me! im serious, gamebattles ladder match, i remember his name : )
I didn't expect to see you here. I want a rematch to get my dignity back :mad:.
Even though im no closer to finding out how to stop you than before making this post.:(

Kyari

Smash Lord
Slippi.gg
KYRI#103
Also, if you do get hit by the turtle, you can Smash DI out of it within a couple of hits, which prevents you from having any real knockback.

Unless Smash DI doesn't work very well on WiFi, in which case I would tell you to stop messing around on WiFi and start playing Brawl - but I don't play WiFi so I don't know.

chckn

Smash Ace
i was using snake but unfortunately im a bad at nadeing :(
WoW, good Snakes should pretty much wreck GW. Shield drop nades and then pick them up and run at him and shield. Also use controller port 4, its too broken with Snake.

Dj Chopin

Smash Apprentice
WoW, good Snakes should pretty much wreck GW. Shield drop nades and then pick them up and run at him and shield. Also use controller port 4, its too broken with Snake.
actually, i disagree. ever since i read OBM's advice I AM UNDEFEATED AGAINST SNAKE. and trust me, there are plenty of the out there on the ladders. honestly, i think i have 3 stocked several of the last snakes i fought. go turtle! and grenades are honestly just lame, they dont bother me at all.

what does controller port 4 do?

popsofctown

Smash Champion
You need to pick a higher tier character

Meta Knight
Turtle
Snake
Mr.Game&Watch
Falco
ROB...

Move about two slots up the list.

Voxx

Smash Apprentice
I thought controller port 4 was only useful in doubles....
Lets say port 1&2 is one team and 3&4 another
when 4thport player grabs 1(or2), port 3 can charge smash on 1&4 while 4 is grabing and only port1 gets the damage and knockback.

Voxx

Smash Apprentice
Squir-turtle is now on the high tier, awesome!

Top Bottom