• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Help beating Mario and Dr Mario?

MERPIS

Smash Lord
NNID
Catboog
All these stupid characters do is spam neutral b ALL GAME and because of their stupid frame data it works, up close I get destroyed because of easy combos from throws frame data that needs nerfing. His recovery is way too fast akin to marth and lucina, and if I try shielding the neutral B I just sit in shield for what feels like 20 years while he just SPAMS them.

If it helps I use Wolf, ROB, and Olimar, with some Wario in there sometimes.

shocktarts17

Smash Ace
Honestly I was literally coming her to make this exact post, I don't know what it is but for some reason I just can't deal with Mario. Doesn't seem to matter who I pick the lvl 9 Mario kicks my butt, I went 5 straight losses with fighters I normally do quite will with (:ultpokemontrainer::ultrobin::ultcorrinf:) before finally barely edging out a win with :ultike:. I wish I could figure out what I am doing wrong.

Wumbo105

Smash Ace
A Wolf, ROB, and Olimar user complaining about Mario...

What has this world come to?

You have SO many tools to overcome Mario's gameplan, just because you're too dumb to use them doesn't mean Mario needs nerfs.

Bobert

"...And His Music Was Electric"
NNID
MetallicBlur
Switch FC
SW-1415-6753-4608
I haven't seen you play, but based off the characters you're using, it sounds like you need to work on spacing because all of them are superior to Mario in range and all of of them have disjoints. Wolf, R.o.b, and Olimar all have better projectiles as well. If Mario wants to spam, just do it back. He can't reflect while throwing fireballs/pills. Doc should be even easier to deal with because he has probably the worst recovery in the game and is extremely slow. Both of them like it when you come to them. Don't do that.

Last edited:

JoltSmash13

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3196-7112-8608
All these stupid characters do is spam neutral b ALL GAME and because of their stupid frame data it works, up close I get destroyed because of easy combos from throws frame data that needs nerfing. His recovery is way too fast akin to marth and lucina, and if I try shielding the neutral B I just sit in shield for what feels like 20 years while he just SPAMS them.

If it helps I use Wolf, ROB, and Olimar, with some Wario in there sometimes.
Yo, I’ve got a similar problem. I just can’t seem to figure out how they work, other than their up air combos. The problem is, I can’t get out of their combos. I can’t figure out when it’s safe to hit them, when to approach, and when to back up. How does one beat a Mario?

Top Bottom